[Q] Otterbox Commuter help

Search This thread

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
I am wondering if an one has tried both cases? I checked different sites and most have different measurements for the commuter. Currently I own the tough case but would like to try the commuter if it's not any larger. I have a Nite Ize holster and the Case Mate fits perfect.

Thanks

Last edited:

BigDogPooh

Mar 21, 2006
Catskill
I am wondering if an one has tried both cases? I checked different sites and most have different measurements for the commuter. Currently I own the tough case but would like to try the commuter if it's not any larger. I have a Nite Ize holster and the Case Mate fits perfect.

Thanks

I have the commuter series outerbox for the i9100 and it fits my i777 perfectly.

Reactions: Jadefalkon

kezell

Nov 26, 2010
I have the commuter series case. It fits excellent. It does cover the noise mic, however I did not modify the case yet. But I have not noticed any issues to date. I use my phone daily and a lot.

Reactions: Jadefalkon

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
Thanks for the replies but I'm trying to figure out if the commuter is similar in size to the Tough Case. It will be in a holster while I work and the Tough case fits perfectly. A customer posted a video on amazon showing that the commuter does have the holes for both mics. I love my tough case but like how the commuter covers all the ports.

cheetablaze

Jul 17, 2007
Goldsboro, NC
I have the case mate pop and its just a tad smaller than my wifes Iphone 4 Otterbox Defender. Otterbox puts it at 16.77 mm thick. From the pictures it looks like the tough case is also a bit thinner than the pop because its form fitting. The cate mate pop is not form fitting, the back is completely flat. The Otterbox commuter is 14.80 mm thick so i'm guessing my case mate pop will be thicker.

i'm looking forward to the commuter because it protects the front a bit. So when it falls it will luckily strike that first and the raised sides. Its a given that otterboxs are lint magnet, i'm surprised because my caste mate is not. The shiny back does however drive me nuts, ITS UGLY!

ricktat

Nov 14, 2011
I am hoping that mine comes in today. The only bad thing about cheap sellers with free shipping can be the delivery.

I hate not having any type of tracking.

karate104

Nov 5, 2011
If you guys do care about the second mic, Otterbox does make an I777-specific Commuter case. I have one. Here's the link. Might be more expensive since you'd be buying it from them directly at full price and because it's hard to find, but I think it's worth every penny anyway, over a year and still going strong.

Spinergy02

Dec 29, 2012
Bought my otterbox commuter case off of Amazon about a month ago for 20usd and am very happy with it. Have had no problems with any functionality from it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

I have the commuter series outerbox for the i9100 and it fits my i777 perfectly.
    Ordered mine yesterday on amazon for dirt cheap.... Can't wait to get it!
    Is the noise cancelling mic next to the headphone jack covered with the i9100 commuter case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App
    I have the commuter series case. It fits excellent. It does cover the noise mic, however I did not modify the case yet. But I have not noticed any issues to date. I use my phone daily and a lot.
    Is the noise cancelling mic next to the headphone jack covered with the i9100 commuter case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

There is a fairly large hole right next to the headphone jack cover. It may not be a 100% aligned but its a decent size hole which should serve the purpose.