[ROM][LF6] Android Open Kang Project _Milestone 6_ This one 's for the purists

Search This thread

jordant2

Jun 5, 2007
Newbury Park
Understood but I like the touch version and don't want to pay rom manager to have their paid version

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! ICSed AOKP

All you need is the latest recovery weather it be TWRP or Clockwork. It failed on me at first. I just updated my team win while I was in recovery. I didn't even have to reboot since the mount feature actually works. Just download the latest 2.2 TWRP and flash. I'm up and running now!

netsyd

Jul 3, 2006
screens shots. anything not working with his rom. also is there any know glitches or problems

Only problem I've seen so far - Gallery app didn't see images on my external SD card. I deleted the folder /sdcard/external_sd , rebooted and then it was able to see the files. The actual external sd is /external_sd. I think with both folders present it was confused on which one was the real external card and not just another folder on the internal storage.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Understood but I like the touch version and don't want to pay rom manager to have their paid version

Biggest dog on the block, NOTE!! ICSed AOKP

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/

The left column is non-touch recovery. The right column is touch. (no payment required)

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Twrp ftw!

I downloaded a 135 meg HTML file? Is this correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Only problem I've seen so far - Gallery app didn't see images on my external SD card. I deleted the folder /sdcard/external_sd , rebooted and then it was able to see the files. The actual external sd is /external_sd. I think with both folders present it was confused on which one was the real external card and not just another folder on the internal storage.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager/

The left column is non-touch recovery. The right column is touch. (no payment required)

that link does nothing. i find it, click it and it bring up some weird code!

D

Deleted member 2842059

I have had no luck trying to download this on my Note through Chrome.

MaddMan420

Apr 25, 2011
Miami, FL
All the install issues here are the same ones I had and everyone else had with the CM9 nightlies that started this week. Rom Manager seems to be the easiest workaround at this point.

Mauijpm

Dec 1, 2010
Maui
Sorry to repost this, but I'm sure it got lost from earlier... But has anyone been able to disable their capacitive buttons from lighting up?

h3r3tic

Mar 12, 2012
Ya file failed trying to install

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
So I am a little confused....this is an Official AOKP, right? I am assuming so since it says Mildstone 6.

Actually aokp are not adding any devices for ics anymore but all the changes I made for this to compile will be pushed soon to there git ..in other words that's as official as it gets..

But it's not officially supported .. Although I can assure you thus is a real as it gets

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: DesignGrits

DAGr8

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
Montreal
You have to remove the two assert prop lines from updater script then it will flash.. our device doesn't support assert prop in our current recovery..

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Ya I always did until I discovered latest twrp I should have written in the OP updating cwm/twrp was mandatory ..

In other words that's not true any more but I still should have removed them lines would have saved many users a headache

Edit actually it's written in the OP....

So read ppl read :p

Last edited:

Teufel Hunden

Mar 7, 2012
Ventura Co., CA
Ya I always did until I discovered latest twrp I should have written in the OP updating cwm/twrp was mandatory ..

In other words that's not true any more but I still should have removed them lines would have saved many users a headache

Edit actually it's written in the OP....

So read ppl read :p

not true anymore as in you removed those line and re uploaded so it can be flashed without updating CWM? :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    (not completely actual)
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png

1. Everythign in this build was built from the ground up including the Kernel using Cyanogen's source
    2. Make sure you are on latest TWRP2.2.1 or latest CWM ( you can use Rom manager to update it or do this
    3. MAKE A NANDROID
    4. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    5. flash ROM
    6. flash Gapps
    7. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Current build _ MILESTONE 6 _

Mirror 1

Current gapps:
    http://goo.im/gapps

Credits:
    • sixstringsg
    • h0tw1r3
    • Cyanogenmod
    • Other people I'm sure I'm missing, PM me if you should be on the list.
    contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.
    Donate to sixstringsg
    Donate to Romann
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Of course yall know how to donate to ME if you feel like it . :good:

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Note: Some changes are still on their way through gerrit, so the I717 will not be buildable via source yet.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    one more yay
    just in case ..
    and yes its uploading , link will be up in about an hour .
    Lets keep it clean ..

What Jamied81 is doing is awesome forthe users who want a taste or hitching to flash new stff ....

until i can get a stable build , and since aokp willbe adding i717 to to aokp 's list of supported device most probably the next release will be something official unlessi can get it VERY stable beofrethey get official in the meantime enjoy jamie's work or stick to the basic ..

please dont compare roms , use the one that suits you most or use 2 iof them if you have to...