official discussion thread for LineageOS 14.1

Search This thread

mayanxoni

Feb 29, 2016
labs.xda-developers.com
Hello everybody, here our official discussion thread and off topic for our beloved Xperia m.
Good luck for every one [emoji6] [emoji122]
You can download it from here
https://download.lineageos.org/nicki

You can see changelogs here,
https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/nicki/#lineage-14.1-20170131-nightly-nicki-signed.zip

Hi brother! Can you help me get the root functionality and recovery back on this device? I was so excited before flashing it. But after flashing, I've lost the recovery and there's no root too. It seems just same as the old CyanogenMod 14.1. Nothing is changed. [I can't flash stock FTF again, 'cause I don't have my laptop with me.]

olibub

Jun 9, 2014
Hi brother! Can you help me get the root functionality and recovery back on this device? I was so excited before flashing it. But after flashing, I've lost the recovery and there's no root too. It seems just same as the old CyanogenMod 14.1. Nothing is changed. [I can't flash stock FTF again, 'cause I don't have my laptop with me.]

Hi.
1. Flash boot.img from zip
2. Boot into recovery
3. Flash TWRP 2.8.6.0 "link: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-m/development/recovery-cwm-twrp-recoveries-custom-roms-t3016507" via recovery
4. Reboot and go again into recovery
5. Flash SuperSU-v2.79 -- this make a root
6. Reboot

..can be ? :)

Sep 7, 2016
Bengaluru
Hi.
1. Flash boot.img from zip
2. Boot into recovery
3. Flash TWRP 2.8.6.0 "link: https://xdaforums.com/xperia-m/development/recovery-cwm-twrp-recoveries-custom-roms-t3016507" via recovery
4. Reboot and go again into recovery
5. Flash SuperSU-v2.79 -- this make a root
6. Reboot

..can be ? :)

Are you saying that there is no root without Super SU??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Has anyone tried that ROM which is released on 31/01/2017

olibub

Jun 9, 2014
Are you saying that there is no root without Super SU??

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Has anyone tried that ROM which is released on 31/01/2017

maybe are any different techniques, but this is the fastest method how to get root, only flash this .zip :) ..i think that easiest way doesn't exist :) .. and if you want delete a root, on google play exist app from chainfire to remove ;)
good luck ..

Reactions: Prem Chowdhary

kh34d

Sep 16, 2012
cairo
Hi, I think you must wipe everything and begin from stock rom. [emoji20]
Did you tried this add-on for root??
https://download.lineageos.org/extras

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
SONY-Logo is back and everything works fine with todays nightly!!! YEAH!!! Thanks to the developer!

Keyursoni

Oct 15, 2014
i have flashed latest build of lineage os end got error:"detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system" while flashing this rom. Also I have cm14.1 on sd card that works fine, but can't flash lineage os.

emc02

Jul 4, 2010
Vienna
i have flashed latest build of lineage os end got error:"detected filesystem ext4 for /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system" while flashing this rom. Also I have cm14.1 on sd card that works fine, but can't flash lineage os.

flashing takes very long! did you wait till it finished? Which recovery did you use?

Reactions: Keyursoni

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
LineageOS 20170131 Nightly

I just did a quick install of LineageOS 20170131 Nightly.
There is no default system su i.e no root access.
There is a BASIC Cyanogenmod Recovery with no functionality, but it removes my original TWRP 3.0.2 recovery.
I then thought I'd just reinstall TWRP 3.0.2 by Fastboot and see if I could reboot back into LineageOS 20170131 Nightly...No.
I just re-installed a AOSP 7.1 build until I've had a bit more of a think.
SO.... I then thought I'd better have a look/read and see what other people are doing.... :D

Using LineageOS 20170131 Nightly seemed stable and usable for the short time I was using it. WiFi all OK.
No problems installing it.
It does take 11½ minutes (i.e. a VERY long time) for the first initial boot to load.
The LineageOS startup animation logo does appear quickly on the first boot (Less than a minute).
You'll be staring at the circle expanding/contracting on the arc for a VERY long time though.
So leave it 15minutes+ before you consider pulling the battery.

Anyway, that's my show and tell.

Update - Root access is available when you install the su.zip at the initial build (LineageOS extras)
You may have problems installing SuperSU if that's your thing, as it may be a restricted SU built into the LineageOS menu only.
SU options are inside developer menu which is activated by a few taps on build number in About menu.

I still haven't worked out how to set TWRP as default recovery.

Last edited:

Dr Goodvibes

Dec 8, 2011
Android 7.1.1 LineageOS potential standby over 8days

Haven't really done much with my C1905 running Android 7.1.1 LineageOS but over 8 days idle standby is pretty good start. :D

attachment.php

That's with no Location/GPS, WiFi always on, no mobile data and 100% telephony signal.

Attachments

• 8Days-A711.jpg
    8Days-A711.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 665
Reactions: Keyursoni and kh34d

Antimon1

Nov 1, 2013
Lipik
I finally installed lineageos on my xperia m , the latest build 20170207. Before lineageos it was running on Cm-14.1.
So far everything works all right. Recovery twrp 3020 works great.
I did clean install, first boot took 7-8 min, flashed su (arm) and that is it. :cool:

Keyursoni

Oct 15, 2014
I finally installed lineageos on my xperia m , the latest build 20170207. Before lineageos it was running on Cm-14.1.
I did clean install, first boot took 7-8 min, flashed su (arm) and that is it. :cool:
Is there any difference than cm14.1? Memory management and performance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS 20170131 Nightly

I just did a quick install of LineageOS 20170131 Nightly.
    There is no default system su i.e no root access.
    There is a BASIC Cyanogenmod Recovery with no functionality, but it removes my original TWRP 3.0.2 recovery.
    I then thought I'd just reinstall TWRP 3.0.2 by Fastboot and see if I could reboot back into LineageOS 20170131 Nightly...No.
    I just re-installed a AOSP 7.1 build until I've had a bit more of a think.
    SO.... I then thought I'd better have a look/read and see what other people are doing.... :D

Using LineageOS 20170131 Nightly seemed stable and usable for the short time I was using it. WiFi all OK.
    No problems installing it.
    It does take 11½ minutes (i.e. a VERY long time) for the first initial boot to load.
    The LineageOS startup animation logo does appear quickly on the first boot (Less than a minute).
    You'll be staring at the circle expanding/contracting on the arc for a VERY long time though.
    So leave it 15minutes+ before you consider pulling the battery.

Anyway, that's my show and tell.

Update - Root access is available when you install the su.zip at the initial build (LineageOS extras)
    You may have problems installing SuperSU if that's your thing, as it may be a restricted SU built into the LineageOS menu only.
    SU options are inside developer menu which is activated by a few taps on build number in About menu.

I still haven't worked out how to set TWRP as default recovery.
    Hi, i have cm 14.1 with adopted storage.
    could this cause problems installing lineageos?
    Storage remain the same?
    I didn't have any problems with adopted storage. I also recommend to make backup of boot and recovery in TWRP. Right after flashing LineageOS experimental restore them because versions from 25.1. don't have them.
    Yes I want it, please send me the link, thx in advance mate :)

here you are bro, sorry for long time reply. I've problem with internet connection.
    Here you are Androidfilehost Link
    Android 7.1.1 LineageOS potential standby over 8days

Haven't really done much with my C1905 running Android 7.1.1 LineageOS but over 8 days idle standby is pretty good start. :D

attachment.php

That's with no Location/GPS, WiFi always on, no mobile data and 100% telephony signal.