N3 for Flex?

Search This thread

Vinsane

Jul 23, 2010
Dallas
I'll probably get blasted for this....but I have a friend who has the Flex and wants to trade for my N3 that is rooted and running a custom ROM.

I know where I am asking this question....Buuuut....if you were in my shoes...or my friends shoes...what would you do.

I know the main differences that are keeping me from moving forward is the extra 1GB RAM and the SD slot and the denser display..not sure about the camera equality or not.

motumbo

Aug 7, 2010
I did it. I sold my n3 international version knox bit still zero. Then I bought flex my first lg phone and I haven't regretted a single minute. The phone design is cute. It's fast, snappy, battery is amazing, camera is very good probably n3 camera is better but not so much. You'll love lg UI and its features, besides phone is rootable keeping the warranty intact.

Sent from my C811 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Vinsane

bp328i

May 22, 2010
Tampa Bay
I'll probably get blasted for this....but I have a friend who has the Flex and wants to trade for my N3 that is rooted and running a custom ROM.

I know where I am asking this question....Buuuut....if you were in my shoes...or my friends shoes...what would you do.

I know the main differences that are keeping me from moving forward is the extra 1GB RAM and the SD slot and the denser display..not sure about the camera equality or not.

I have two friends with the Flex and I have the Note III (all three of us on T-Mobile. The one thing holding me back on picking up the Flex is the current status of the bootloader. As soon as that is cracked I'm going to make the jump.

That might not be a factor for you but I love being able to run custom ROM's.

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
I own both the flex and Note 3 on T-Mobile. The Note 3 is the better phone (at least specs) but I love the Flex. I'm not sure what I would choose if I had to pick one.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I had a note 2 for a year so I never wanted the Note 3. Same goes with the S4 and S5. I went with the Flex from the G2 mainly because it's unique.

Note 3
Better screen
Better camera
Stylus

Flex
Curved screen (no gimmick) IMO
Battery life is crazy good

I also got a great deal on my Flex so that always helps. lol

Vinsane

Jul 23, 2010
Dallas
I did it...I joined the world of the bendy screen :)

Digging it so far - the only thing I'm more cognizant of now...is how many apps I'm installing and how much additional storage they take once fully installed.

Oh - ptfdmedic - check your pm sir :good:

Reactions: sweets55

sweets55

May 25, 2009
its interesting to see how so many folks I have known from other phones are making their way to the G-Flex..good to see:good::good:
Hopefully some more LG Flex developers. You can never have enough of them. hehe It's kind of funny how some of the Note 3 users think the Flex is garbage. Damn fanboyz. lol

Vinsane

Jul 23, 2010
Dallas
I am VERY impressed with it so far - I actually like it a lot. The only thing I miss is my choice of cool cases.. :p

Hopefully more developers will jump on and figure this thing out - it sure could use the extra camera details from the G2/Pro (stabilization)

Overall I dig it. I rooted and removed some of the T-Mo junk.

Now...what about carrier IQ? What app or where do I need to go to delete them from spying on me. Haha

dubbactrumpetmsu

Oct 5, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Count me in as another convert from the Note 3. I bounce around phones a LOT, using Craigslist, but I really enjoyed the G2 when I had it for a bit, and I wanted something much larger - This thing is amazing. And surprisingly, I don't mind the LG overlay - I really like the UI and all the small touches. Only thing I had to get rid of was that keyboard. Liked the color though, so I'm using Swiftkey and the grey theme. Camera so far has actually felt pretty on par with the N3 for me. My only problem is that I got it second hand, of course, so there are some nicks on the edges and a scratch on the back that won't heal.

Is anyone getting ghosting on the display? Mine has had a bit, and I called AT&T, but they can't replace it because apparently this was won in a giveaway or raffle or something, so I have to go through LG, but I don't have a proof of purchase :( Have a feeling I might be screwed there.

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
Count me in as another convert from the Note 3. I bounce around phones a LOT, using Craigslist, but I really enjoyed the G2 when I had it for a bit, and I wanted something much larger - This thing is amazing. And surprisingly, I don't mind the LG overlay - I really like the UI and all the small touches. Only thing I had to get rid of was that keyboard. Liked the color though, so I'm using Swiftkey and the grey theme. Camera so far has actually felt pretty on par with the N3 for me. My only problem is that I got it second hand, of course, so there are some nicks on the edges and a scratch on the back that won't heal.

Is anyone getting ghosting on the display? Mine has had a bit, and I called AT&T, but they can't replace it because apparently this was won in a giveaway or raffle or something, so I have to go through LG, but I don't have a proof of purchase :( Have a feeling I might be screwed there.

The ghosting is normal so I doubt they would replace it anyway.

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
The ghosting is normal so I doubt they would replace it anyway.

Please Define "normal ghosting?"
what's that term mean you? Also I don't have any images retention (I think that's what you mean?) On screen. Brightness turned up to 75 and the auto checked, screen set to vivid (seems be what everybody uses). Also just installed acclaimed " bravia 3" mod last night thru android tweaker 2 app from playstore. Screen looks great

Really? That's a normal thing for this display? Count me as disappointed.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
Please Define "normal ghosting?"
what's that term mean you? Also I don't have any images retention (I think that's what you mean?) On screen. Brightness turned up to 75 and the auto checked, screen set to vivid (seems be what everybody uses). Also just installed acclaimed " bravia 3" mod last night thru android tweaker 2 app from playstore. Screen looks great

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's normal in the sense that just about every thread you click on and every article you read regarding the Flex mentions some type of ghosting issue with the display. It's more noticeable with some apps than others. The average user probably won't even notice but I did and so did a lot of others.

Edit: It's great that you were able to tweak the screen to your liking. My point is, you shouldn't have to root + tweak to get a flagship display to look great. I know I will probably get bashed for saying so, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
It's normal in the sense that just about every thread you click on and every article you read regarding the Flex mentions some type of ghosting issue with the display. It's more noticeable with some apps than others. The average user probably won't even notice but I did and so did a lot of others.

Edit: It's great that you were able to tweak the screen to your liking. My point is, you shouldn't have to root + tweak to get a flagship display to look great. I know I will probably get bashed for saying so, but that's just my opinion.

Well, since you dont own this phone, your opinion isn't that important to those of us that do..No "ghosting" EVER on my phone..

Reactions: sweets55

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
Well, since you dont own this phone, your opinion isn't that important to those of us that do..No "ghosting" EVER on my phone..

Well since I "did" own the phone for 12 days and played with it a lot, I can intelligently comment on some of the issues that I found. If you don't like me giving my honest opinions, just don't read my posts. It's not hard to prove some of the things I say. Read most of the reviews and some of the issues I bring up are fairly common.

I'm glad you love your phone. I love mine too. As far as my opinion not being important, I'd rather get feedback from people telling me what they didn't like about the phone than what they did like. First thing I do when I get ready to purchase any item (not just phones) is see what all of the negative reviews are and see if they are all saying the same thing. If so, there's obviously a problem going on.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
Or, the "placebo" effect kicks in, and suddenly "everybody" starts "seeing" and complaining about something, whether they really experience it or not..

I never understand why people follow/comment in threads of phones that they no longer own. Obviously, you didn't like it enough to keep it, you have posted that SEVERAL times in the LG Flex forums, so thank you for your opinions about what you felt during your 12 days of ownership, but they are no longer relevant to those of us who STILL own and enjoy this phone..

_-Jay-_

Feb 24, 2011
NJ
Or, the "placebo" effect kicks in, and suddenly "everybody" starts "seeing" and complaining about something, whether they really experience it or not..

I never understand why people follow/comment in threads of phones that they no longer own. Obviously, you didn't like it enough to keep it, you have posted that SEVERAL times in the LG Flex forums, so thank you for your opinions about what you felt during your 12 days of ownership, but they are no longer relevant to those of us who STILL own and enjoy this phone..

Well, seeing as how I'm not breaking any rules and I have a legitimate reason to post here as I was a previous owner of said device, I will continue to post here and impart whatever knowledge I can to help people make an informed judgement. Honestly, what good is asking a bunch of people who own the phone if it's any good? Are they really going to say no it's not really that great, don't get one? No they are going to say they love it and it's awesome obviously. I am here just trying to give my opinion about what I like and what I dislike. If you read some of the other comments, I praise the Flex for many things as well.

I am sorry you are getting all butt-hurt like I am bashing your beloved G Flex or something. Yes I do have several things that I take issues with, but all in all, it's still a great phone.

Reactions: ezantera

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Had a Note 3 (Z1, Z Ultra GPE, HTC One Max, Moto X, Droid Ultra and many more) and I'd take this G Flex any day of the week over the Note 3. Out of all of the phone I've just mentioned the G Flex is neck and neck with all of them, if not better. I have a couple gripes, but we all do no matter the phone. If I were a Note 3 owner again and someone offered me the trade for a G Flex I'd do it 10 out of 10 times. That's just me and my opinion. The Note 3 was my least favorite phone of all of the phones I've mentioned above (I've had other phones as well, but those are some of the big guns I've owned). G Flex is a kick ass phone. Still looking the Dev scene out, but could honestly care less if there isn't a million Roms for this phone. As long as there's root I'm good.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk
    you couldn't be more wrong about me being "butt hurt" about your opinion, as I couldn't care less what you think about this phone..

Sure you're not breaking any rules, but why would you waste your time in this thread, when you could be posting in the Note 3 threads, a phone which you chose over this one?

actually, I do agree with one of your points; why anyone asks questions about a phone in a thread dedicated to that phone is just stupid; of course, every owner who has one is going to defend his/her decision to get it and keep it, and you will rarely if ever, see anyone saying how much they hate the phone they own, unless its a know POS..

I respect people who use their own minds, brains, and intelligence, and come to their OWN conclusions about an electronic device, based on research, in person testing, and doing impartial searches on the internet at impartial review sites, NOT coming on XDA and asking if they should buy a particular phone or not..
    I had the Maxx b4 the flex; another great phone that got no respect!

I have two friends with the Flex and I have the Note III (all three of us on T-Mobile. The one thing holding me back on picking up the Flex is the current status of the bootloader. As soon as that is cracked I'm going to make the jump.

That might not be a factor for you but I love being able to run custom ROM's.