Sprints roll out began today...

Search This thread

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
I bet just to troll us, they announce it tomorrow but the release will be at the end of the month :laugh:

Last edited:

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Not sure why everyone is all fired up about it. Not like 4.4 is much different than 4.2

They didn't even give us art.

Sent from my LG-VS980

Last edited:

slagg3r

Jun 25, 2010
Not sure why everyone is all fired up about it. Not like 4.4 is much different than 4.2

Sent from my LG-VS980

Art isn't even ready for prime time .... it's about all the under the hood stuff kit kat brings.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Art isn't even ready for prime time .... it's about all the under the hood stuff kit kat brings.

Such as? Maybe I'm ignorant and the signs are right in front of me, but I haven't seen anything that makes me excited to receive it.

I'm aware once the radio sources are dropped and they are put to work a bit then the sod and random reboot issues should be taken care of, but that's about all I've seen being said.

Sent from my LG-VS980

deathshead

Aug 8, 2010

Sent from my LG-VS980

Have you ran the "leaked" VZW KK build?

Kitkat is a whole different world,Completely Night and Day. Amazingly smooth, its lightening fast and extremely stable.
Art or not, this is a legitimate huge performance step forward.

Reactions: dajmanjt

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013

Kitkat is a whole different world,Completely Night and Day. Amazingly smooth, its lightening fast and extremely stable.

Nah, I haven't played around with it yet. Honestly Ive never had any issues with the stock speed. Once animations are turned off.

Guess its one of those gotta try it to understand it thing. Coming from my last phone being the first gen droid RAZR, I've never sat back and wished my g2 had more speed.

Sent from my LG-VS980

Reactions: garywojdan81

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
Nah, I haven't played around with it yet. Honestly Ive never had any issues with the stock speed. Once animations are turned off.

Guess its one of those gotta try it to understand it thing. Coming from my last phone being the first gen droid RAZR, I've never sat back and wished my g2 had more speed.

Sent from my LG-VS980
its alot nicer for animations, snappier, the whole kitkat look to the notification bar, fine tuning under the hood, tap and pay, cloud printing. give it a go

Reactions: Lawlrus

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
We probably won't see an update till after the g3 and s5 are released.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
I suspected qtr1 was out of the picture when the drop date of the m8 was announced. Vzw doesn't like to have anything current impede the new baby.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
Yeah I said that on another site and someone said updates don't affect phone sales... when the average consumer doesn't know of updates and Verizon and OEMs market "latest android software" many people will want it.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
HTC one Max on verizon got updated and yet we're still waiting. :banghead:

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
It's so......awesome that the phone that was never displayed in a store gets the latest update. How can anyone want the g3 when LG cares little to get phones updated.

Htc obviously did something to convince VZW to update their stuff yet the g flex is rocking 4.2.2 and the same with ours.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
It's so......awesome that the phone that was never displayed in a store gets the latest update. How can anyone want the g3 when LG cares little to get phones updated.

Htc obviously did something to convince VZW to update their stuff yet the g flex is rocking 4.2.2 and the same with ours.

I don't think it's LG in this instance. I think it's Verizon, and I think it has more to do with the m8 launch than it does with whether or not the update is ready. They don't like to have anything mess with the new revenue stream.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jivetime

Apr 1, 2014
I don't think it's LG in this instance. I think it's Verizon, and I think it has more to do with the m8 launch than it does with whether or not the update is ready. They don't like to have anything mess with the new revenue stream.

Agreed... Think about it: would the company make more money by keeping everyone's android system slick and up-to-date, or by enticing those with outdated devices to pine over the newest phone, with the NEWEST OS? Having worked customer service for a VZW contractor in the past, I personally know that making their customers happy (with no direct profit) is at the bottom of their list.

TJ311

Jan 29, 2009
Dallas
Such as? Maybe I'm ignorant and the signs are right in front of me, but I haven't seen anything that makes me excited to receive it.

I'm aware once the radio sources are dropped and they are put to work a bit then the sod and random reboot issues should be taken care of, but that's about all I've seen being said.

Sent from my LG-VS980

Sent from my LG-VS980

Bluetooth LTE will be nice to have. I've been waiting for it so I can connect to my Garmin watch and do live tracking. I need at least Android 4.3 to do this. (which VZW skipped :( )

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
I've given up hope. Its the usual state of mind one arrives at when dealing with VZW. You go though denial, anger and rage (quite a lot of rage) before reaching acceptance :)

Haxcid

Jul 16, 2010
Ventura
I've given up hope. Its the usual state of mind one arrives at when dealing with VZW. You go though denial, anger and rage (quite a lot of rage) before reaching acceptance :)

You are not far off the mark. It is also possible that they are not going to update the phone to 4.4.2. Just because LG stated they would be for all variants does not mean Verizon will do it. I came from an LG revolution which at point LG said would get ICS, needless to say that phone is still only running 2.3.6. We guessed that VZW cancelled the update. LG support stated that it was working on a upgrade and that it was in testing and then nothing...

I hope I am not reliving things again. If I am, at least the base phone and stock OS are really good.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
You are not far off the mark. It is also possible that they are not going to update the phone to 4.4.2. Just because LG stated they would be for all variants does not mean Verizon will do it. I came from an LG revolution which at point LG said would get ICS, needless to say that phone is still only running 2.3.6. We guessed that VZW cancelled the update. LG support stated that it was working on a upgrade and that it was in testing and then nothing...

I hope I am not reliving things again. If I am, at least the base phone and stock OS are really good.

I don't think so because there's already a stock leak build that works 100 percent. I think they're just waiting and they're gonna merge the knock code in and release it as one build rather than releasing 2 separate ones

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can't believe Verizon still hasn't pushed 4.4 update,this is ridiculous :banghead:

Sent from my LG-VS980

Sent from my LG-VS980

Sent from my LG-VS980
    its alot nicer for animations, snappier, the whole kitkat look to the notification bar, fine tuning under the hood, tap and pay, cloud printing. give it a go