Pasadena, CA
www.freeza-inc.com
OnePlus 10 Pro
Reactions: Rydah

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
Stock ROM.. I'll have to find out what it is about the Stock ROM that isn't allowing this to work properly. Maybe it needs to be odexed?

ViperROM should work just fine with it, I'll see what I can do.

I know my boy tommytomatoe has an odexer tool in themik forums. Believe It's MAC only though. Which I have, but I'm on the road...

huntingslife

Jun 18, 2010
No homie.... I must be retarded too... Lol. Idk can't get to work

Sent from my six shooter in 3d using Tapatalk

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
For those of you that it's not working for, are you SURE you edited the build.prop as well?

Matstarr

Jun 27, 2010
For those of you that it's not working for, are you SURE you edited the build.prop as well?

of course we did it wouldnt work at all if we didnt. What is happening is..it takes the photo we dont see it in the gallery but when u open it up with Astro/ES File Explorer the pic is sitting in the camera area not in any folder with a ! mark dead center of an unviewable pic which is also 0 bytes

Last edited:

norm12

Aug 17, 2010
Same on stock, not on viper

of course we did it wouldnt work at all if we didnt. What is happening is..it takes the photo we dont see it in the gallery but when u open it up with Astro/ES File Explorer the pic is sitting in the camera area not in any folder with a ! mark dead center of an unviewable pic with is also 0 bytes

Sent by Logo the turtle

Rydah

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 4, 2008
Southern California
of course we did it wouldnt work at all if we didnt. What is happening is..it takes the photo we dont see it in the gallery but when u open it up with Astro/ES File Explorer the pic is sitting in the camera area not in any folder with a ! mark dead center of an unviewable pic with is also 0 bytes

Exactly as this.

huntingslife

Jun 18, 2010
Yup followed the directions in the op edited build.prop typed with no spaces, didn't put at very bottom, left a blank line, even tried copy and pasting from the op idk oh well would be cool but ill have to wait till one of you guys who are way better than me figure it out...

Sent from my six shooter in 3d using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want native screenshots (power+home)? You've come to the right place

All it requires are a few files:
    libScreenshotUtil.so
    MySketcher.apk
    Modified build.prop

Credit goes to the Sensation forums/ROMs and tons of PM questions to random people :p

The flashable zip below puts the first two files where they need to be, but the build.prop edit needs to be done manually, as everyone has a different build.prop and replacing yours with mine will undoubtedly change things your ROM chef has put into their own build.prop.

Use root explorer or your file explorer of choice and add this line in your build.prop:
    ro.htc.framework.screencapture = true

I recommend adding it somewhere at the bottom, but be careful; your build.prop needs a blank line at the very end.

Once the zip is flashed, and the line is added into build.prop, a final reboot will make everything work (unless you do it all in one go).

To use:
    Press and hold the power button followed by the home capacitive button. You will then hear a camera snapshot sound, and a toast message will follow. Snapshots can be found in JPEG form in the camera shots folder in your gallery.
    Thanks for the info, I didn't know it was that simple. I'm going to toss this in my next ROM and credit you, if that is ok?

Thanks for posting this! Anyone who has my ROM should have no problem flashing this!

Definitely OK. But you don't need to credit me, as I found it on the Sensation forums. Well, that and a combination of trying to understand why it wasn't working correctly in the first place. Dove into libscreenshotutil.so and voila :D
    I'm curious, does it modify the build.prop or does it replace the build.prop altogether? Will ROM-specific build prop edits be lost upon flashing this zip?

This actually doesn't contain a build.prop at all. You must edit that file manually.

Regards,
    Tee Jay!

PS: Thanks again for the SVN guide..my god did it help a ton!
    This actually doesn't contain a build.prop at all. You must edit that file manually.

Regards,
    Tee Jay!

PS: Thanks again for the SVN guide..my god did it help a ton!

Ahh. That's easy enough, thanks :)

Glad I could help with SVN.
    Change save dir of sreenshots...

If you want to save your screen shots to a different folder, change the following code in Constants.smali

Code:
    .field public static final SCREENSHOT_FOLDER:Ljava/lang/String; = "[COLOR="Red"]/mnt/sdcard/htcscribbles[/COLOR]"