Disable volume wake mod

Search This thread

joyj112

Mar 6, 2012
Beaverton
This should work for any rom really. For me Im using Jedi Mind Trick JB 5 which is an awesome rom.

All You need: Latest Ver. Root Explorer ( tried it with an older ver. and it doesnt work)

1.First buy the Latest Root explorer

2. Allow permission for root.

3. Go to System->USR->Keylayout

4. in the keylayout folder, mount as r/o

5. For both ffa-keypad.kl and fluid-keypad.kl open as text editor and you should find the VOLUME UP & VOLUME DOWN.

6. If you see something like WAKE or WAKE_DROP, just delete those words

7.Save and Reboot!

8. Enjoy!! No more Volume wake

joyj112

Mar 6, 2012
Beaverton
No problem guys. Honesty, I was getting pretty irritated when i heard all the good roms were gonna have volume wake mod and did some research on how to get rid of them. Anyways, glad everyone's enjoying it.

Skip-Breezy

Dec 4, 2008
Everytime I try to change the text files & save it, an error pops up. I just updated to the latest ES File Explorer.

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
Everytime I try to change the text files & save it, an error pops up. I just updated to the latest ES File Explorer.

what error?? use root explorer if all else fails.

lol odexxed ROMs cant possibly have the volume wake feature... the only thing I dont like about my new ROM I made... I guess others would appreciate it though.

well thats a plus in favor of it being a release

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should work for any rom really. For me Im using Jedi Mind Trick JB 5 which is an awesome rom.

All You need: Latest Ver. Root Explorer ( tried it with an older ver. and it doesnt work)

1.First buy the Latest Root explorer

2. Allow permission for root.

3. Go to System->USR->Keylayout

4. in the keylayout folder, mount as r/o

5. For both ffa-keypad.kl and fluid-keypad.kl open as text editor and you should find the VOLUME UP & VOLUME DOWN.

6. If you see something like WAKE or WAKE_DROP, just delete those words

7.Save and Reboot!

8. Enjoy!! No more Volume wake
    Thank you

This is really usefull, should really be a sticky, many people want this.