[PETITION] 3D Drivers (updated Dec-24-2013)

Search This thread

1ackass

Apr 12, 2012
Tallinn
I don't think the Problem is HTC. HTC get the driver for the Snapdragon MSM8660 from Qualcomm. And Qualcomm didn't develop the new driver. So HTC can't support us with an new android version ...

We are not asking for a new android version, we only want the 3D drivers, which HTC made:banghead::banghead:. In the petition, there is even specified that we only want the drivers NOT for a new android or anything else.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Keep signing people, I'm not going to give up until we get a proper contact and discussion from HTC even if it means that I'll have to blackmail them to death and I take full responsibility of my words above. They have to understand that ignoring their costumers is not an act that -is- or -ever going to be- tolerated. If they can't stand the heat or can't be proper partipants in the Android universe, the door to exit the industry is wide open...

Give them a bad time and keep signing...

JumperM

Sep 21, 2013
We are not asking for a new android version, we only want the 3D drivers, which HTC made:banghead::banghead:. In the petition, there is even specified that we only want the drivers NOT for a new android or anything else.

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

But is a 3D camera driver helpful or didn't we need a "complete" driver pack for 4.3 or 4.4 like the chipset driver for a motherboard?!

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Keep signing people, make HTC feel discomfort until it HAS to give an answer. Thanks to everybody that supports it so far. Android community is the best, really.

Reactions: Anonymuszymus

JumperM

Sep 21, 2013
Just the source code of the drivers (ION).
You are right to want the source code for a ION driver. But thats the problem. HTC get the driver from Qualcomm. And its Qualcomm decision to develop the driver and support the driver to HTC... Where do you know that HTC has the ION driver for the Qualcomm CPU in the Evo3D?

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
You are right to want the source code for a ION driver. But thats the problem. HTC get the driver from Qualcomm. And its Qualcomm decision to develop the driver and support the driver to HTC... Where do you know that HTC has the ION driver for the Qualcomm CPU in the Evo3D?
All things in driver petitions are like that, I know it already and if it has been done countless times for other drivers, HTC EVO 3D's 3D driver makes no candidate for exception.

VIRGIN KLM

Feb 27, 2013
Thank you everybody, keep signing, I got an email from HTC saying that they got notified about the petition asking me to change the email that it's linked to HTC central. Keep signing, make us 200, something seems to finaly happen!

EDIT: Should I link Qualcomm to the petition too?

mhnx

Sep 23, 2010
Thessaloniki
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thank you everybody, keep signing, I got an email from HTC saying that they got notified about the petition asking me to change the email that it's linked to HTC central. Keep signing, make us 200, something seems to finaly happen!

Just link Qualcomm, who knows? Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

jag9

Aug 28, 2012
Hyderabad
Just link Qualcomm, who knows? Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

Yes link Qualcomm as well... we have done halfway and let's do it to 100% till we achieve what we want, Thank you for your help :)

miniminus

Feb 20, 2012
even if we get another 45, how much more liklely will it make it for us to get what we need ?!
such a shame that they wont give what they have to the community, that's what Android was(is?) all about !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have started a petition on change.org about the so talked 3D drivers on HTC EVO 3D. Let's hope this will do something.

https://www.change.org/petitions/ht...-s-drivers-sourcecode-related-to-3d-functions

I hope it is written well and all of it makes sense. If anybody wants to me to add/change something feel free to add suggestions.
    Feel free also to discuss anything else around the whole 3D drivers issue here.

Last but not least I'd like to ask you to spread the word about the petition and if it's possible I'd like to ask XDA to give some help on it, it would be pretty intresting to see what comes out of such thing.

Thank you everybody!

UPDATE: 100 supporters reached! Thanx everybody!

Even if I don`t own my Evo anymore I signed! :laugh:
    I hope we reach the 200. :good:
    100 Supporters reached!
    Thank you everybody, let's hope that HTC will understand the importancy of the matter as much as we do and take responsibility.
    Thank you for taking the time to do this. Signed, and I added a reason as well (to see if I ever buy HTC again).