[ROM] [7.1.2] [CARBONROM] M-ROM v2.3.0 [CLOSE THREAD]

Search This thread
D

Dinkec27

165648pp4r4l6a4d5rrwzr.jpg.thumb.jpg

Machao44(the original dev) has now created the XDA thread over here,head here instead of this link,use this thread only if you want to use the older versions of the ROMs or some fixes:
https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/development/rom-los-xperia-ui-z3c-t3654894

It has the stock Sony Nougat theme and apps found on Xperia XZ Premium,XZs,Xperia L1 and so on.
Also includes the stock Sony camera app with 4K 60FPS recording support,AR effect etc.
Usually the ROM itself is very fast and it is good as a daily driver.

You can download Xposed for this ROM as an addon,but not sure how stable it is.

Install guide:
NOTE: If you are coming from Concept ROM,it is NECESSARY to flash back to stock MM,or you will have a bootloop or the ROM will just fail to install.
1. Download the ROM from here:
https://mega.nz/#F!ZgAhhJLI!PvIf-ZLY0Ihs6fY-8c6SBA (link from Machao44's thread)
2. Download SuperSU or Magisk,both do work(they are not included in ROM zip)
3. Download & install TWRP recovery found on the Lineage thread(if you don't know how to install go to @tomascus's thread and read the second post where the install guide is)
4. Install the zip and start Aroma
5. Select the apps and features you need
6. Once it's done,flash any additional zips and reboot.
NOTE 2: Recovery might get removed after you flash the ROM(if you flash unmodified versions of ROMs),so you need to re-flash through fastboot.

For custom kernels,as reported for now Kernel12 version 11 works fine with this ROM,if you want to try something else then try to flash it and report back if it works,since I believe that not all custom kernels for LineageOS do work.

If Wi-Fi has very weak signal or it doesn't work at all,download and flash this zip:
https://mega.nz/#!hh8m3aIb!z1X66R8uK8BrG9g853lvDtkDiMdTAl7wbACGyXNxwjo

If you have issues with Bluetooth calling,flash this zip(thanks to @jimmy123322):
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298979213

If you use M-ROM 1.2.0 or 1.2.5 you will have a brightness issue,to fix download the framework-res.apk from this post(thanks @wolfmannight):
https://xdaforums.com/z3-compact/development/7-1-1-sony-themed-android-7-1-1-t3627518/post73000345

Current issues:
-Sony Themes doesn't work,themes won't apply

If you do find any other issues,please report them here.

Links for older versions:
https://mega.nz/#F!YlAkxBLL!mJra95HcQu9ZjD0JbTvyjw - M-ROM 2.2.0
https://mega.nz/#!B0EBxIAD!8fa0OmRI1Z5nUpa8j-2GqmLH63wkmUXNFwj0QmRrQjI - M-ROM 2.1.0
https://mega.nz/#!88l2ybTB!xVuQJIJZ8x8yGAt4j2U8aFFiE6aDogg92ttttg3kfZo - M-ROM 2.0.0
https://mega.nz/#!hwkC0SKZ!KKs0RTnK1ASeYKG6IGtH8pxg5wP96gaMeDMU9D7qhJ4 - M-ROM 1.2.5
https://mega.nz/#!0oNh0BQL!xy8Z53b_SpChzFZbcy24jPAnvX6hhVVG5UaEpiamc5g - M-ROM 1.2.0

If anyone needs for experimental purposes here are the links to the unmodified ROMs:
https://mega.nz/#!w4kClZCZ!puWpP9Y-uwg8kZUcVLDFM_TlD9gVMfFL4YDkslsTLLk - M-ROM 2.1.0
https://mega.nz/#!Ak1kHaja!xVTh-K8NX-g9YIjlnVn0t0X2W9K93NtbR42JDJm0XQ0 - M-ROM 2.0.0
https://mega.nz/#!EhsQxRBR!E214YYEfcBc_MirbwvV2ghRE6SC9M7xQrTAdYsiiZAA - M-ROM 1.2.5
https://mega.nz/#!dls0HJSS!Zu0brC3-FFfkvvxJDVAwL2ohlbt3QmMVLH4y_-VoC5c - M-ROM 1.2.0

Big thanks to the original devs of this ROM:
@M-Rom - seen as machao44 on bbs.gfan.com
@SuperLamic
@rcstar6696
@nailyk
@xkeita
@Myself5 - original dev of CarbonROM which is based of LineageOS kernel sources
@tomascus - original dev of the base ROM - LineageOS

Also thanks to:
@vooR9er - helped to translate the Aroma installer
@ztxgeol - found every single download link for every version of this ROM including the link to Xposed,and I have just re-uploaded them all to a better download provider so you are not forced to download from Baidu
@unpair - thanks for testing almost every single version of this ROM and also thanks to everyone who tested the ROMs,but he did help the most

Attachments

• xposed-v87-sdk25-arm.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 290
  • Screenshot_20170811-170613.jpg
    Screenshot_20170811-170613.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 5,819
  • Screenshot_20170811-110949.png
    Screenshot_20170811-110949.png
    199.9 KB · Views: 5,814
  • Screenshot_20170811-175104.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175104.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 5,735
  • Screenshot_20170811-175144.jpg
    Screenshot_20170811-175144.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 5,830
  • Screenshot_20170811-175152.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175152.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 5,748
  • Screenshot_20170811-175155.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175155.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 5,762
  • Screenshot_20170811-115320.jpg
    Screenshot_20170811-115320.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 5,398
  • Screenshot_20170811-175206.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175206.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 5,308
  • Screenshot_20170811-175125.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175125.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 5,447
  • Screenshot_20170811-175117.png
    Screenshot_20170811-175117.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 5,460
  • Screenshot_20170811-115303.png
    Screenshot_20170811-115303.png
    252.9 KB · Views: 5,316
Last edited:

fluffi444

Nov 19, 2012
Amazon Fire TV
Samsung Galaxy S9+
"Also includes the stock Sony camera app with 4K 60FPS recording support,AR effect and so on."

Does this also mean that image enhancing (Settings -> Display) is working also? (if TA.img was "sideloaded" with PoC Tool od DK.ftf)
Is this that ROM where framework etc were modded that LOS reacts like Sony stock regarding all this DRM stuff?

D

Dinkec27

"Also includes the stock Sony camera app with 4K 60FPS recording support,AR effect and so on."

Does this also mean that image enhancing (Settings -> Display) is working also? (if TA.img was "sideloaded" with PoC Tool od DK.ftf)
Is this that ROM where framework etc were modded that LOS reacts like Sony stock regarding all this DRM stuff?

To be honest,I don't really know,and I believe there is no image enhancing of any sort,I wasn't really able to reach the Settings to see that.

D

Dinkec27

Oops,I uploaded by accident the wrong build to MEGA,the link won't work for 45 minutes,will keep you updated.

EDIT: You can now download the ROM and try to install it.

Last edited:
D

Dinkec27

HUGE CHANGELOG:
-First of all,when installing the ROM do not press to install Google Play services,that actually corrupts everything,will mention in it in OP
-Google Play works fine
-To answer @fluffi444 image enhancing is actually there with Sony Sound mods,but Sony themes currently doesn't work
-The ROM doesn't come with any keyboard installed,so I will include Gboard inside the ROM
-I will debloat the ROM from chinese apps
New build will be up with screenshots in the end of the night.

EDIT: Build is now up! Download it and tell me how it runs!

Last edited:

k13tas

Jan 3, 2013
Vilnius
First of all thank you for this ROM, planning to try some day soon :)
How is camera quality?
Do I need to flash stock image first or can I flash directly from lineageos?

D

Dinkec27

First of all thank you for this ROM, planning to try some day soon :)
How is camera quality?
Do I need to flash stock image first or can I flash directly from lineageos?

Camera quality is like in stock ROM,and it doesn't really matter what you have before installing this ROM,but it only won't work if you are now running Concept ROM,if that is the case then yes you need to flash the stock image first

k13tas

Jan 3, 2013
Vilnius
Camera quality is like in stock ROM,and it doesn't really matter what you have before installing this ROM,but it only won't work if you are now running Concept ROM,if that is the case then yes you need to flash the stock image first

Thank you for answering :)
So DRM keys are not needed with this ROM, right?

D

Dinkec27

After Clean installation I get system ui crash cant use this rom..

SystemUI crash? Try to get a logcat and I'll look into it,while you can in that time try to re-download the ROM and try to install it again,and make sure you use TWRP from the link in the Lineage thread.

unpair

Apr 14, 2015
Would like it very much, but i cannot receive calls, can make phone calls though.
Second time i started fresh from stock, unlocked bootloader and fastboot flashed fotakernel twrp from lineage thread, same problem: when i call myself from another phone the screen turns white with xperia logo and the call ends.
Sorry i can't take logs (never tried actually):p
Also when i reboot into recovery chinese twrp appears and i can switch only to english (needed to watch a youtube video to figure out which was the settings button). I'm quite sure it's not the one i installed (don't remember the number version).
Google play works fine: don't understand what you wrote in op about unchecking it. In the aroma you are asked to check what you don't want to be installed, and without it i wouldn't know how to do.
Well i hope to use this ROM in the future, Thank you for your efforts so far :)

Reactions: andry360

Kriztian96

Sep 2, 2013
The brightness on my screen is always high, I can't change it... The brightness is in automatic and the sensor works well

D

Dinkec27

Would like it very much, but i cannot receive calls, can make phone calls though.
Second time i started fresh from stock, unlocked bootloader and fastboot flashed fotakernel twrp from lineage thread, same problem: when i call myself from another phone the screen turns white with xperia logo and the call ends.
Also when i reboot into recovery chinese twrp appears and i can switch only to english (needed to watch a youtube video to figure out which was the settings button). I'm quite sure it's not the one i installed (don't remember the number version).
Google play works fine: don't understand what you wrote in op about unchecking it. In the aroma you are asked to check what you don't want to be installed, and without it i wouldn't know how to do.

I wrote in the OP that you don't install Play because after I checked that it always crashed and dissapeared after a reboot.
For chinese TWRP,I didn't even know it was on there lol,so that's I guess another reason to flash TWRP from the Lineage thread after you flash the ROM.
For phone calls I really can't do much without logs or anything,so would highly appreciate if you try to get me a logcat of some sort,there are many guides online.
As for future plans for this ROM,I am looking to re-build it and use the latest Lineage build as base ROM to remove as much bugs as possible.

D

Dinkec27

The brightness on my screen is always high, I can't change it... The brightness is in automatic and the sensor works well

So when there is no automatic brightness enabled the brightness is always high? I couldn't really notice that the only reason being I use my phone on the highest screen brightness all the time.

andry360

Jun 22, 2015
Milano
How about the blouetooth and reboot bugs of the other llineageOS? If there aren't, this rom can help find this bugs!

D

Dinkec27

How about the blouetooth and reboot bugs of the other llineageOS? If there aren't, this rom can help find this bugs!

Not sure,haven't had any random reboots tbh,even with the latest build I haven't had any random reboots nor any bluetooth issues,maybe those can apply for something else but I only use Bluetooth for connecting a Bluetooth speaker,headphones and occasionally transfering files and all of that worked.

Kriztian96

Sep 2, 2013
So when there is no automatic brightness enabled the brightness is always high? I couldn't really notice that the only reason being I use my phone on the highest screen brightness all the time.
When the automatic brightness is enabled or not, the brightness is always high, and when I use the slider for change the level of it, it doesn't change, it's always the same high brightness... I can't use it in the dark because it's so high

D

Dinkec27

When the automatic brightness is enabled or not, the brightness is always high, and when I use the slider for change the level of it, it doesn't change, it's always the same high brightness... I can't use it in the dark because it's so high

I'll look into it,thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Probably the Xposed issue is not due to the ROM rather Xposed Framework for Nougat itself since there is currently no official version for it so I cannot help you with that and I suggest looking at Xposed forums to see if your bug can be solved.
    And also for all,when my Z3 Compact comes from repair I am going to be using this ROM as a daily driver,since I think it qualifies for that,if I do find more issues once my Z3 arrives I will report.
    If it doesn't work out gonna go back to Lineage or even Resurrection Remix until Oreo comes to our devices.

Original developer announced he's going to update the rom on CarbonRom base, so I think it will be even more stable than now.
    I had this issue with the first release of the rom, with the last one phone works well for me.
    Also i can't find any wifi fix in the first page:confused:
    its below first link
    https://mega.nz/#!hh8m3aIb!z1X66R8uK8BrG9g853lvDtkDiMdTAl7wbACGyXNxwjo
    new emails shows in popups after too much time after recieve or not shown at all.

Have you checked Brevent app?
    I had Gmail on Prevent list, after removing gmail from that list it seems to work fine.
    I also had problems with other apps, eg one of the widgets didn't get up after reboot. Same reason - Brevent.
    Is anyone used this rom ?

Yes, I'm currently using 2.3.1 version.
    It's one of the best rom ever seen for z3c.
    2.4 update is available, but only on a chinese forum with closed subscribtions.
    I think that original developer is not going to release it on xda anymore.
    I'd suggest you to flash OmniRom 8.0 as soon as they get full video recording (already working, but it's bugged).