Thanks Meter: 306

Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2012, 09:30 PM |#91  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 153

More
Smile
How to test actual performance?

I am running ICS CM9 on my Defy and wifi works. Just wanted to see if it could work better. I changed the country from US to RO. I live in Romania, Europe. Don't know if i changed anything. What tests should i run?

Thanks for the apps.
16th May 2012, 08:52 PM |#92  
Flag toscana
Thanks Meter: 142

More
@ fardjad
thanks for your explanation, with your help I was able to connect wifi my Leo.
Cheers
18th May 2012, 10:13 PM |#93  
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I still have problem with Wifi, can anyone help me?

This rom: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...657447&page=12
19th May 2012, 08:36 AM |#94  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
my one x wont work with wpa/wpa2, let me try this
20th May 2012, 04:08 PM |#95  
Flag Doha
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Thumbs up
I just wanted to say thanks for this.

I am in Qatar and the ICS update broke my wifi which I reported to HTC on 2nd April, I'm still waiting for an answer from them.

I'd got sick of waiting for a fix so I read up about rooting etc and finally did it this weekend. I took the opportunity to play with a custom ROM but the main reason to root was purely to install WiFix.

I've had no problems since I installed it. The phone has been shutdown and restarted and the wifi is turned on and off by another app and none of these affect it. Wifi just works how it is supposed to.

Thanks again.
3rd June 2012, 05:20 PM |#96  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks. After problems with root permissions finally have my WiFi working.

Sent from HTC Sensation XE
7th June 2012, 02:49 PM |#97  
Orgrimmar
Thanks Meter: 35

More
haha thank man u save my life have fun
8th June 2012, 05:28 AM |#98  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Same Wifi Issue on ATT I717
Same Wifi issue;

ATT Galaxy Note I717
Rooted
Old Old 3G simcard, issued almost day one.

With "out of the box" Gingerbread 2.3.x, wifi worked completely correctly to include Wifi Hotspot.

With ICS 4.0.4 UCLE2 the inoperative wifi behaves just exactly as everyone has described.
Wifi "hangs" when being turned on and displays the message "Turning Wi-Fi on..." The message never changes.
None of the many published fixes have resolved this issue on this phone with this simcard.
WiFix 1.2/1.3 installed/operates exactly as published.
Wifix is behaving exactly as published, with the exception that when *#WIFIX#call is entered a long delay occurs followed by the message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".
Since this Wifi worked as advertised on this phone, with this simcard, with Gingerbread loaded, it's hard to believe that it's a simcard issue.

Anyone, any ideas please.
8th June 2012, 05:48 AM |#99  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvc

Same Wifi issue;

ATT Galaxy Note I717
Rooted
Old Old 3G simcard, issued almost day one.

With "out of the box" Gingerbread 2.3.x, wifi worked completely correctly to include Wifi Hotspot.

With ICS 4.0.4 UCLE2 the inoperative wifi behaves just exactly as everyone has described.
Wifi "hangs" when being turned on and displays the message "Turning Wi-Fi on..." The message never changes.
None of the many published fixes have resolved this issue on this phone with this simcard.
WiFix 1.2/1.3 installed/operates exactly as published.
Wifix is behaving exactly as published, with the exception that when *#WIFIX#call is entered a long delay occurs followed by the message "Connection problem or invalid MMI code".
Since this Wifi worked as advertised on this phone, with this simcard, with Gingerbread loaded, it's hard to believe that it's a simcard issue.

Anyone, any ideas please.

Basically when you install WiFix Manager and Click Install WiFix it should extract it to /system/app/ after requesting root permissions. You should see WiFix version on screen then. Is that so?

Connection problem or invalid MMI code after dialing *#WIFIX# means it didn't install correctly.
Try installing recovery zip image or manually push WiFix.apk to /system/app/ and see if that works.
The Following User Says Thank You to fardjad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fardjad Ad-Free
11th June 2012, 07:00 PM |#100  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fardjad

Basically when you install WiFix Manager and Click Install WiFix it should extract it to /system/app/ after requesting root permissions. You should see WiFix version on screen then. Is that so?

Connection problem or invalid MMI code after dialing *#WIFIX# means it didn't install correctly.
Try installing recovery zip image or manually push WiFix.apk to /system/app/ and see if that works.

Thank you,
"Is that so?"....Yes. Wifix installed exactly as was discribed.
installed recovery zip... same messaage "Connection problem or invalid MMI code"
placed wifix.apk in /system/app/....same message.
Do you have any other ideas for me to try.
Thanks again.
13th June 2012, 08:58 AM |#101  

More
How to apply permanent WIFIX in other models.
Thank you.
IĀ“d use your patch in many Sensations & Sensations XE (In 7 Units aprox) successfully ! Even After reboot All of them are
*Bootloader unlocked(Via HTCDEV),
*ROOT
*S-ON

BUT: In other models Like:
* Sensation XL ( Bootloader unlocked(Via HTCDEV), ROOT, S-ON) HBOOT 1.28.0006
*In HTC ONE V -( Bootloader unlocked(Via HTCDEV), ROOT, S-ON ,HBOOT 1.16.00
Android:4.0.3, Soft V:1.56.401.2, nivel API de HTC SDK:4.11)
Your wonderfull Patch Works, But just until reboot. (if you dont turn off WIFI before).

Please How can I made that possible ? How can I fix that thing about reboot ?
-The "S-ON" Its the problem?

Thanks a Lot.

Gaston.

Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
country code, fix, ics, wifi, wifix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)