.3.2.4 Rollback Images

Search This thread

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Hello All,

Warning: Do not flash these files unless you are on .3.2.4 or Nexus ROM 2.0.x.

Here are rollback images (prerooted) which will enable you to get back to .3.1.0

Instructions:

1. Backup your /data partition in Safestrap if desired and copy it to your computer
2. Flash the appropriate file for you device
3. From Safestrap do a factory reset
4. Reboot to 13.3.2.4 modified stock (the screen will go blank for about 15-20 seconds - no problem)
5. Do not connect to WiFi or register your kindle
6. Select Complete Setup Later
7. Copy the .3.1.0 stock update file to the root of your sdcard
8. Initiate update from device options.

Links

- Apollo Rollback Image
- Thor Rollback Image

Last edited:

ands2

Jul 6, 2011
i9100
Xiaomi Mi 4C
What are the benefits to go back to 3.1.0 as 3.2.4 is fully rootable and necessary for Nexus 2.0?
I'm still using 3.1/Nexus 1.4 and planned to update the device to 3.2.4/Nexus2.0. But now I'm wondering if I just should keep the current installation.

stapler85

Oct 13, 2010
what steps do i take if i m using nexus 2.02 on stock slot?

i have the original stock image 3.2.4 backed up in TWRP if it helps

jeryll

Dec 23, 2010
Lenovo P11
Realme GT
Warning

Thanks ggow, but this is a warning to all apollo (HDX 8.9) users - do not use file (with md5 hash: 0f9f3b084500b888fc66415a8539a341) to rollback attempt! If you downloaded file Apollo Rollback Image before and want to use it later, please redownload, @ggow just posted corrected file (with md5 hash: 119b5004e96a41eb073c8b324712fe23)

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks ggow, but this is a warning to all apollo (HDX 8.9) users - do not use this file to rollback attempt!

@ggow you forgot to edit build.prop file, so after anyone boot from this file (md5 hash: 0f9f3b084500b888fc66415a8539a341), kindle will not continue with downgrade to 14.3.1.0 :crying:

No harm done for me, as I backuped everything I can, but beware, if you dont want problems (I found extremely difficult install anything through adb on this installed/running rollback ... you can try edit build.prop file to correct values for downgrade by yourself, but messing with build.prop is highly risky and small mistake and brick is for sure, so you have been warned) WAIT for ggow to upload correct rollback image, or correct edited build.prop for downgrade

I have taken the file offline, Sorry about that @jeryll, will correct file and re-upload.

Reactions: jeryll

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
The corrected Apollo rollback image is uploading now. I'll post the new link in the morning.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk

Reactions: ands2

andPS2

Jan 15, 2011
Hello All,
1. Backup your /data partition in Safestrap if desired and copy it to your computer
4. Reboot to 13.3.2.4 modified stock (the screen will go blank for about 15-20 seconds - no problem)

i followed the steps but not sure where it went wrong for me
step 2. that would be the 13.3.2.4_rollback for thor correct? (i have 7 inch fire hdx)
was not sure where to flash this - i used rom slot 2
that installs 13.3.0.9_user into rom slot2 (i dont understand why we still have to update to 13.3.1.0 i guess
13.3.0.9 is not vulnerable?)
following the rest of the steps and rebooting kindle fire system recovery comes up
would be nice to put a link to 13.3.1.0 stock into the OP i found it in the forum)
i did reboot kindle (didnt dare to do reset to factory defaults)
that gets me back to 13.3.0.9
retrying the steps and after reboot rebooting into safestrap i see
openrecovery script installing zip (13.3.1.0)
if i let this continue and reboot i get a flashing screen and then a black screen

what am i doing wrong
p.s. luckily i have safestrap so rom slot 1 and stock still work

Last edited:

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
Does it mean: Flash the appropriate (rollback) file for you device (in safestrap) (to Stock ROM slot)?

Hello All,

Here are rollback images (prerooted) which will enable you to get back to .3.1.0

Instructions:

Links

- Apollo Rollback Image
- Thor Rollback Image

Last edited:

shadowcliffs

Jan 29, 2014
Guess the file has to be flashed to Stock ROM instead of any other rom slot.

i followed the steps but not sure where it went wrong for me
step 2. that would be the 13.3.2.4_rollback for thor correct? (i have 7 inch fire hdx)
was not sure where to flash this - i used rom slot 2
that installs 13.3.0.9_user into rom slot2 (i dont understand why we still have to update to 13.3.1.0 i guess
13.3.0.9 is not vulnerable?)
following the rest of the steps and rebooting kindle fire system recovery comes up
would be nice to put a link to 13.3.1.0 stock into the OP i found it in the forum)
i did reboot kindle (didnt dare to do reset to factory defaults)
that gets me back to 13.3.0.9
retrying the steps and after reboot rebooting into safestrap i see
openrecovery script installing zip (13.3.1.0)
if i let this continue and reboot i get a flashing screen and then a black screen

what am i doing wrong
p.s. luckily i have safestrap so rom slot 1 and stock still work

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,

Thanks of all your efforts on this. Is it possible to flash the roll back image any other way than installing and using safestrap ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello All,

Instructions:

Links

- Apollo Rollback Image
    - Thor Rollback Image
    Corrected Apollo Image

@jeryll,

The corrected Apollo Rollback Image is up.
    Thanks guys, unfortunately I also had the file in the sdcard folder (where it stays) and it doesn't want to update. When I checked the file on my Windows 10 PC, it was not executable because it is "from a different PC". Well, I changed that, moved the file over to the Kindle once more, but still nothing. What is it supposed to say in the Options -> Device -> Softwareupdates? All it says, build number 3.0.9 and Check now for updates.
    Does it have something to do with rights management? The mistake must be something I'm doing I wrong guess, so I will just keep trying today.

E: So I installed Safestrap again, tried to Flash Nexus HDX which failed, reflashed the modified, wiped and somehow mysteriously it found the update and updated! Yayyy. Thanks guys.
    Unlocked bootloader!
    Thanks ggow, but this is a warning to all apollo (HDX 8.9) users - do not use this file to rollback attempt!

@ggow you forgot to edit build.prop file, so after anyone boot from this file (md5 hash: 0f9f3b084500b888fc66415a8539a341), kindle will not continue with downgrade to 14.3.1.0 :crying:

No harm done for me, as I backuped everything I can, but beware, if you dont want problems (I found extremely difficult install anything through adb on this installed/running rollback ... you can try edit build.prop file to correct values for downgrade by yourself, but messing with build.prop is highly risky and small mistake and brick is for sure, so you have been warned) WAIT for ggow to upload correct rollback image, or correct edited build.prop for downgrade

I have taken the file offline, Sorry about that @jeryll, will correct file and re-upload.