straight talk activation - sim not provisioned mm#2 HELP

Search This thread

mook_

Apr 9, 2012
Aurora, IL
Howdy - switched my infuse 4g from simple mobile to straight talk today. Activated it by their website. ported my old number over / set the apn / rebooted phone - got message:

"sim not provisioned mm#2"

I'm sure that just means the cellular network has not been activated yet.

I unlocked this months ago when i first got the phone and put it on simple mobile - running gingerbread stock - rooted

anybody run into this trouble?

chuckles_prs

Nov 25, 2011
Schenectady
Howdy - switched my infuse 4g from simple mobile to straight talk today. Activated it by their website. ported my old number over / set the apn / rebooted phone - got message:

I unlocked this months ago when i first got the phone and put it on simple mobile - running gingerbread stock - rooted

What method did you use to unlock it?

*becoming a flashaholic*

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

This is the method I used.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1081072

Worked flawlessly

*becoming a flashaholic*

Reactions: mook_

mook_

Apr 9, 2012
Aurora, IL

*becoming a flashaholic*

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Worked flawlessly

*becoming a flashaholic*

it was probably back in march when i unlocked it. It's been so long that I don't remember - probably the same turorial you posted the link to. I had it using simple mobile since then - but switched over to straight talk today because I couldn't handle the edge network anylonger. I seriously doubt just switching the sim would lock it up again.

chuckles_prs

Nov 25, 2011
Schenectady
You need the one that's specifically for unlocked att phones. Atleast, that's what I have and didn't have any problems switching from simple mobile to straight talk.

*edit* sorry, thought that was mook_ response. But that's weird. I tried a basic sim (friend has one) and it told me sim not provisioned

*becoming a flashaholic*

Last edited:

tat2messiah

Nov 8, 2010
Ephrata
I orderd the standard att straight.talk sim and it worked flawlessly on all phones its been tried on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

mook_

Apr 9, 2012
Aurora, IL
Ok, I thought you were talking about THE basic sim for straight talk.

*becoming a flashaholic*

I bought a sim package and one months of service from Walmart. $59

It was pretty cool it actually came with 3 sims - 1 regular and 1 micro for att and 1 regualr for t-mobile

My original problem of sim not provisioned is solved - it just took 24 hours to port the number from simple mobile to ST and activate it. Love ST - just hope I don't max out the data.

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
I bought a sim package and one months of service from Walmart. $59

It was pretty cool it actually came with 3 sims - 1 regular and 1 micro for att and 1 regualr for t-mobile

My original problem of sim not provisioned is solved - it just took 24 hours to port the number from simple mobile to ST and activate it. Love ST - just hope I don't max out the data.

That's a cool deal... I can't find mention of it anywhere online. It would be great to have sims for both networks; it only shows up on straight talk's website and walmarts one sim at a time. Where did you find it?

klyon

Sep 1, 2009
In a store? Recently? I couldn't find Sims there at all. Maybe it's local.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

mook_

Apr 9, 2012
Aurora, IL
I called the 800 number for ST this weekend and they said go to wmart. They had them but at first the gut didnt know what the hell i was talking abouy (newb). your right though i asked about them 6 months ago and they didnt have them. If you need one ive got 2 micro sims for att and 2 regulars for t-mobile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

abhijaan23

Jul 8, 2014
Hyderabad
Sim not provisioned MM 2

Hello xda developers,

I have flashed cwm recovery (for xperia M) in my M dual c2004 device. First thing it says is "Sim not provisioned MM 2" What is this? I think Xperia M is not a dual sim variant so the CWM designed for M does not support 2nd SIM? i think so.

Now I have flashed CWM recovery designed for M dual C2004. I successfully rooted my phone. Yippeeee.

My actual doubt is - if i flash xperia's kitkat firmware in my Xperia M dual device, will i be able to use my 2nd SIM?

What best can i do if i want a kitkat firmware which supports dual sim on my M dual c2004 phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*becoming a flashaholic*

Worked flawlessly

*becoming a flashaholic*
    Just a lil info but really not needed to unlock to run on straight talk.

What sim card did you get from straight talk? A basic sim?

*becoming a flashaholic*
    Yea i orderd a standard sim

You need the one that's specifically for unlocked att phones. Atleast, that's what I have and didn't have any problems switching from simple mobile to straight talk.

*edit* sorry, thought that was mook_ response. But that's weird. I tried a basic sim (friend has one) and it told me sim not provisioned

*becoming a flashaholic*