128GB Sandisk MicroSD Work On GPAD

Search This thread

RaiderWill

Jul 11, 2011
NEW ROMULUS
Great To Know..

Great Job on the vids Snake :good:
And Thanks for passing on the info.. having a 128 Gb option that works across multiple configs is a good thing.. :cool:

robotapocalypse

Nov 7, 2011
Nice. I just popped a 64GB card in. The lack of external (and internal) storage is what kept me from buying a Nexus 7. It's ridiculous that they won't put in a simple expansion slot just so they can sell them in different capacities. Well, their loss.

tengtengvn

Dec 13, 2008
Silicon Valley
Samsung Galaxy S21
Nice. I just popped a 64GB card in. The lack of external (and internal) storage is what kept me from buying a Nexus 7. It's ridiculous that they won't put in a simple expansion slot just so they can sell them in different capacities. Well, their loss.

Google has their reasons for moving away from supporting mass storage.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

cbb77

Do y'all think its worth it to buy this just yet?

At the current price, no. You can pick up a 64GB card for $35 - $40. Thus you can pick up 5 - 64 GB cards at this price. I know it's not as convenient to have a single large capacity card, but to me, it's too expensive right now. Give it 6 months and it will be considerably cheaper.

NSRhodes

Jul 6, 2013
Atlanta
Thanks!

At the current price, no. You can pick up a 64GB card for $35 - $40. Thus you can pick up 5 - 64 GB cards at this price. I know it's not as convenient to have a single large capacity card, but to me, it's too expensive right now. Give it 6 months and it will be considerably cheaper.

Thanks much! I most definitely agree with you on that conclusion. Just wanted to see what the community had to say! :)

Galveira

Mar 24, 2014

Good point. Maybe I should have read this before I bought the card.
But I am not regretting it as I don't think I can wait another 6 months and I am pretty sure I'll lose some cards if I'm using multiple cards :p . Now I can put many of my 1080p videos on the device!! yay!

a.fenderson

Apr 13, 2011

Thanks! I appreciate having actual user confirmation this works. LG's manual and the Google Play store both indicate that there is an artificial 64 GB limitation to microSD cards on this device, which is really stupid considering that it's both a lie and it makes the device look far less useful than it really is! I only have one device that works with 64 GB cards in exFAT format but not 128 GB cards in exFAT, but it's a camcorder. The general state of SD support is a huge mess, even for technically-minded customers.

snaketooth2007

Sep 28, 2012
Allentown
Thanks! I appreciate having actual user confirmation this works. LG's manual and the Google Play store both indicate that there is an artificial 64 GB limitation to microSD cards on this device, which is really stupid considering that it's both a lie and it makes the device look far less useful than it really is! I only have one device that works with 64 GB cards in exFAT format but not 128 GB cards in exFAT, but it's a camcorder. The general state of SD support is a huge mess, even for technically-minded customers.

thanks for the feedback great to hear my video helped you

ForeverTroll

Oct 20, 2013
Hi, I just get this 128 Gb Sandisk for my LG PAD 8.3. It recognize 119Gb which is fine but I can't copy any file on it ! :p
I tested it on Windows and the copy is OK.

What kind of file manager are you using with the Sandisk ? I am using daily ES Explorer with a 64Gb and it can copy any file anywhere.
It seems ES can't deal with this Sandisk. Same issue with the default file manager that comes with the LG pad 8.3

Thanks in advance for your help !

Last edited:

peener81

Nov 23, 2007
Hi, I just get this 128 Gb Sandisk for my LG PAD 8.3. It recognize 119Gb which is fine but I can't copy any file on it ! :p
I tested it on Windows and the copy is OK.

What kind of file manager are you using with the Sandisk ? I am using daily ES Explorer with a 64Gb and it can copy any file anywhere.
It seems ES can't deal with this Sandisk. Same issue with the default file manager that comes with the LG pad 8.3

Thanks in advance for your help !

give this a try and see if you can write to the sdcard afterwards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

Reactions: ForeverTroll

ForeverTroll

Oct 20, 2013
Peener81, actually finding no other solution 2 days after that post I rooted my brand new GPAD 8.3. Void warranty, but the issue is fixed ! ES explorer or the default explorer can now write on the Sandisk 128 GB.
Anyway thanks for your help ! :)

Top Liked Posts