--OLD DELETE ME! [ROM] OnePlus One / CyanogenMod 11S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

rayfin

Jan 19, 2011
www.derekross.me
OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11S for the Oppo Find 7a

People with much better skills and more time on their hands than me have been doing great work on this after I initially posted it. I am updating the OP with their comment. Please give all credit to them.

CM11s for Find 7(a) V3: DOWNLOAD
SDCard Support Package V3: DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
*) Removed NFC Support (it was broken anyway, and consumed a lot of battery)
*) Greatly increased Battery Runtime (see above why)
*) VOOC Charging Support
*) SDCard Lagfix (for those using the SDCard Support Image, if you like benchmarks see appendum)

Appendum:

SDCard Benchmark before Lagfix (128GB Sandisk SD Card):
27.82MB/s Read / 12.48MB/s Write

SDCard Benchmark after Lagfix (128GB Sandisk SD Card):
39.42MB/s Read / 12.55MB/s Write

INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERNAL MEMORY USERS (10GB Storage)
1. Install TWRP Recovery
2. Install cm11s-oppo-find7a.zip
3. In TWRP Recovery do... Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Tick System, Cache and Internal SD -> Slide to Wipe
4. Reboot System

INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXTERNAL MEMORY USERS (as much storage as your SD-card can offer, for me thats 128GB)
1. Format your SD-Card as EXT4 and plug it into your Find 7(a)
2. Install TWRP Recovery
3. Install cm11s-oppo-find7a.zip followed directly by sdcard-data.zip
4. In TWRP Recovery do... Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Tick System and Cache -> Slide to Wipe
5. Reboot System

Final Notes
This bundle includes the first two OTAs from the first page of this topic, a bunch of sensor configuration changes to fix the sluggish behavior of the GUI and the slow (un)locking of the screen as well as the proper Find 7(a) radio binaries to give you proper reception.

The Back Camera is still upside-down with this package and just like many other people in this topic I'm still researching why that is the case / how to fix it. Truth be told though I think someone else will have it figured out way before me!

Also - this ROM is meant to work with a "unified storage" at its core.
The basic installation will use the internal /sdcard partition as its unified storage (rather than the leak on page 1 which uses /data) giving you 10GB of unified storage for both your apps and data.

If you need more storage, you can flash the optional sdcard-data package which will use your external SD-card as the unified storage for apps, settings and data.

To do that though your SD-card has to be EXT4 formatted, I suggest using Ubuntu plus the gparted Tool to get the job done, a live-boot-disc is enough to do that.

As for me, I highly suggest going the SD-card unified storage route, its damn nice having 128gb of unified storage to work with.
Also, should you ever need to back your data up all you have to do is pull the SD-card and copy it somewhere using Linux (all your data - and I do mean ALL - is stored on that SD-card after all thanks to the unified storage).

PS. Unlike what some other people have told here, using this build with the changed sensor configuration seems to run okay on FastCharging from what I can tell. Non the less please handle all of this thread's contents as early early alpha content and expect to run into bugs.

Should you find any, please report them and / or share constructive criticism on how to fix them.

Last edited:

GibMcFragger

Dec 23, 2010
Vancouver
You can install the OnePlus One ROM from the OnePlus One on the Find 7a.

What works:
Front Camera / Video
Microphone
WiFi
Data
Bluetooth
Sound
GPS
Calling

What doesn't work:
Rear Camera / Video are upside down
Voice Wake
NFC
Storage is only reporting 3GB

--------------------

I modified the updater script to not check for the OnePlus One (bacon) when flashing. You can download it here:

Full ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963275
OTA: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963298

Awesome! Thanks. Now someone needs to tinker with it and get everything tweaked to work properly on the 7a.

ZenithHammerhead

Nov 8, 2013
worldinhd.wordpress.com
You can install the OnePlus One ROM from the OnePlus One on the Find 7a.

What works:
Front Camera / Video
Microphone
WiFi
Data
Bluetooth
Sound
GPS
Calling

What doesn't work:
Rear Camera / Video are upside down
Voice Wake
NFC
Storage is only reporting 3GB

--------------------

I modified the updater script to not check for the OnePlus One (bacon) when flashing. You can download it here:

Full ROM: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963275
OTA: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491963298

I've got the ColorOS rom downloaded, so I'll give this a shot tomorrow after work and report back.

Doesn't look like there could be too much more to fix (other than optimizations of course) in order to get this ported completely...

ayysir

Aug 30, 2011
Bronx, NY
I'll take a look at this when I get home in a few ;) see of I can get it working.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
2nd update is 109 mb

wu7NasW.png

babyree

May 18, 2013
Please post screenshots or updates so we know how it's going and what everything looks like. Kudos to person/persons responsible for porting this to the 7a.

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Looks fun ! Same device with another name... then another ROm... Portage can be easy enough...

m3dd0g

Jul 11, 2011
NRW
There is no need to download all updates. You guys can flash original 1+1 recovery and then you get all 1+1 updates OTA.
eryja4ut.jpg

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk

EnormoDerClown

Jan 18, 2011
When you do so, are there any bugs left? Because if not they wouldn´t get fixed because of the original ota which is for the oneplus, or not?

Reactions: irishrally

EnormoDerClown

Jan 18, 2011
That´s what i thought, but than an official ota is useless, because you will never be able to use the phone fpr 100%, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OnePlus One CyanogenMod 11S for the Oppo Find 7a

People with much better skills and more time on their hands than me have been doing great work on this after I initially posted it. I am updating the OP with their comment. Please give all credit to them.

CM11s for Find 7(a) V3: DOWNLOAD
    SDCard Support Package V3: DOWNLOAD

Changelog:
    *) Removed NFC Support (it was broken anyway, and consumed a lot of battery)
    *) Greatly increased Battery Runtime (see above why)
    *) VOOC Charging Support
    *) SDCard Lagfix (for those using the SDCard Support Image, if you like benchmarks see appendum)

Appendum:

SDCard Benchmark before Lagfix (128GB Sandisk SD Card):
    27.82MB/s Read / 12.48MB/s Write

SDCard Benchmark after Lagfix (128GB Sandisk SD Card):
    39.42MB/s Read / 12.55MB/s Write

1. Install TWRP Recovery
    3. In TWRP Recovery do... Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Tick System, Cache and Internal SD -> Slide to Wipe
    4. Reboot System

INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXTERNAL MEMORY USERS (as much storage as your SD-card can offer, for me thats 128GB)
    2. Install TWRP Recovery
    4. In TWRP Recovery do... Wipe -> Advanced Wipe -> Tick System and Cache -> Slide to Wipe
    5. Reboot System

Final Notes
    This bundle includes the first two OTAs from the first page of this topic, a bunch of sensor configuration changes to fix the sluggish behavior of the GUI and the slow (un)locking of the screen as well as the proper Find 7(a) radio binaries to give you proper reception.

The Back Camera is still upside-down with this package and just like many other people in this topic I'm still researching why that is the case / how to fix it. Truth be told though I think someone else will have it figured out way before me!

The basic installation will use the internal /sdcard partition as its unified storage (rather than the leak on page 1 which uses /data) giving you 10GB of unified storage for both your apps and data.

If you need more storage, you can flash the optional sdcard-data package which will use your external SD-card as the unified storage for apps, settings and data.

To do that though your SD-card has to be EXT4 formatted, I suggest using Ubuntu plus the gparted Tool to get the job done, a live-boot-disc is enough to do that.

As for me, I highly suggest going the SD-card unified storage route, its damn nice having 128gb of unified storage to work with.
    Also, should you ever need to back your data up all you have to do is pull the SD-card and copy it somewhere using Linux (all your data - and I do mean ALL - is stored on that SD-card after all thanks to the unified storage).

PS. Unlike what some other people have told here, using this build with the changed sensor configuration seems to run okay on FastCharging from what I can tell. Non the less please handle all of this thread's contents as early early alpha content and expect to run into bugs.

Should you find any, please report them and / or share constructive criticism on how to fix them.
    No rush I am at work ;) will flash after work ;) u r amazing mate. shoot ur paypal will buy u a beer
    DOWNLOADS
    CM11s for Oppo Find 7(a): DOWNLOAD
    SDCard Storage Patch: DOWNLOAD

1. Install TWRP Recovery
    4. Reboot System

2. Install TWRP Recovery
    5. Reboot System

Final Notes

Nice.. Now give me credit :p

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    I have completely fixed the proximity and rotation (much faster now) sensors. Next step is the camera.

Gesendet von meinem One mit Tapatalk
    Alright. I managed to fix the broken camera rotation.
    Just like people initially guessed, one of the devices has the "lens" installed with a different rotation angle.

So I built a new device tree binary from the Oppo Find 7(a) Kernel Source and injected that into the CM11s kernel to fix it.
    And voila, properly oriented camera!

Will upload a build with it later, incorporating m3dd0gs sensor changes as well (thanks for that one buddy).

I also figured out why the LED flash isn't working on our Find 7(a), this is because the LEDs in the OPO and Find 7(a) work with different currents, the one for the OPO being considerably lower than the one from the Find 7(a), causing our Find 7(a)'s LEDs to simply not fire because we aren't giving them enough current.

I will be fixing that either today or tomorrow too... so guys, we will have a fully working camera soon! :highfive:

Oh and a little goodie on top for those complaining about the button backlights being too dim, I've found a way to increase the brightness on those too (upping the current by 5ma, from 15 to 20).

PS: Anyone feel like helping me pay off the huge bill I got from my insurance company a week ago?
    I accept PayPal donations, the email is vanburace@gmail.com :D