[App]One Click Unroot[WIP]

Search This thread

MrEddy

Oct 8, 2009
Cedar Rapids
Its not working for me, when I run it, it doesn't prompt for superuser, it just opens normally but when I press unroot, it shows an echo error of something. I do have superuser installed and it seems to be functioning normally. What am I missing?

I'm having this same issue. I do not have "su.txt in the nook and zergy folder".

SuperUser is installed and lists 5 apps as Allowed. The Unroot app is not one of them.

I had everything working on 1.4.0. Trying to get back to "rooted normal" after the 1.4.1 update but not having much luck.

424aca

Feb 23, 2011
Inglewood, California
Help me please

Need help unrooting my nook this app fails me every time with an error message

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 571
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 481

Sharakk

Nov 2, 2008
This worked for me. Thank you! When it rebooted I was back to the nook setup screen as if it was right out the box.

jsp254

Apr 20, 2009
Does this restructure the folders, etc. back to the original configuration? Somehow when I ran the snowball unroot, some things got crazy. IE when I use dropbox, the downloads go to an internal folder instead of the sdcard. I want to absolutely turn this thing back to stock, no root, and folders rewritten and cleared. I know with the evo shift its called RUU.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
It's the same thing except the RUU is preloaded to the device. This just exploits the safety protocol its attached to and resets your device to factory firmware.

dirkdm

Aug 19, 2008
Did not work for me

Ok I have read through these post and I get the same thing. When I run it , select super user it reboots, comes up as android and says it
"Sorry
The application Nook Unroot (process com.indirect.nook.unroot)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force Close"

Can someone help please? I rooted this because my daughter wanted to work on android. Now she has a nice android phone and actually likes the reader part of the stock nook color than the android reader. Any help would be much appreciated.

tmjohnsonfse

Dec 23, 2011
Dallas
Ok I have read through these post and I get the same thing. When I run it , select super user it reboots, comes up as android and says it
"Sorry
The application Nook Unroot (process com.indirect.nook.unroot)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
Force Close"

Can someone help please? I rooted this because my daughter wanted to work on android. Now she has a nice android phone and actually likes the reader part of the stock nook color than the android reader. Any help would be much appreciated.

This is a forum for Nook Tablets not Nook Color. Not sure what device you are looking for help on.

sebastian1978

Dec 21, 2011
Moscow
Apk doesn't work for me for 1.4

Need help unrooting my nook this app fails me every time with an error message

I have the same problem. When I click button "Nook Tablet unroot" I have the same errors. Also when I turn on device I get Sorry! window: The application Nook Unroot (process com.indirect.nook.root) has stoped unexpectedely.

dirkdm

Aug 19, 2008
Thanks for the response.

I do have a nook color that I am having the issue with. Interesting this is just for the nook tablet as the video shows a color nook getting unrooted. Worked good for him the whole way through. Whats the difference between the nook color and a nook tablet? They look the same...

Dirk

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Thanks for the response.

I do have a nook color that I am having the issue with. Interesting this is just for the nook tablet as the video shows a color nook getting unrooted. Worked good for him the whole way through. Whats the difference between the nook color and a nook tablet? They look the same...

Dirk
Ok So I found this
The differences:

NC: 800 Mhz single core processor
NT: 1 Ghz dual core processor

NC: 512 M RAM
NT: 1 G RAM

NC: no microphone
NT: microphone

NC: 1.3 update (1.4 coming soon)
NT: 1.4 update

So based on this seems like unroot should still function. No?

tomc585

Sep 9, 2009
can this be done via sd card if i do a sd boot to cm7? I cant get my rooted nook tablet to go past the home screen. hard restored and still hangs at home.

edit: so I did the dual button reboot 8 times and it restored again. This time I think its un-rooted. How can I be sure. I dont see any evidence, shows v1.4.2

Last edited:

Indirect

Mar 25, 2011
Florida
Next update (When I get around to it) will include:
Flash stock recovery before unrooting to ensure device will act appropriately
ensure compatibility with 8gb just incase there's any differences.

Next update (When I get around to it) will include:
Flash stock recovery before unrooting to ensure device will act appropriately
ensure compatibility with 8gb just incase there's any differences.

I'm planning on getting a replacement Nook Tablet - have you updated the app to flash stock recovery first?
No biggie if not, I can do it myself first.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am proud to present you with: Nook Tablet Unrooter One click APP!
    By Indirect​

Information?: Well, the way to best unroot the nook tablet (as it's easy to see if you have done mods to it) is to do a factory system restore, so I decided why not exploit that and make it into an application? Well that's exactly what I did and best of all, it's 1 click (technically 3 but i don't count accepting SU permissions as part of the app). You need to grant SU both times it asks for it to automatically reboot.
    Code:
    //I take no responsibility what happens with this application or your device and assume that any problem during this process if user fault.
    //

Download link?:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15069134/Nookunrooter.apk

Instructions?:
    Install app, open, click button, grant SU permissions (twice), and let it restore. That's about it.

Warnings?:
    You WILL lose ALL data on the tablet except the Sdcard. Be sure to back everything up using titanium backup.

Changelog?:
    Code:
    1.2: Initial release

Credits?:
    Code:
    Dodgejcr for his code on github so I just had to change a few things as well as his help in IRC. Thanks man
    Myself for rewriting parts of the app to be a one click unroot for the nook tablet
    Unrooter app is now BACK. :) Courtesy of a public source code and myself, I now have a -working- unrooting app for you all that I made. :) (This is my first java application so I didnt want to get into writing a GUI thats why the source was used.)
    ADW Launcher. It is what I use on my transformer and phone.
    Thanks much. Just happened to see the EX version of ADW.Launcher is 10 cents today, so went ahead and bought it.
    Just start a factory data reset. (hold n button and power button while the device is off.

Sent by breaking the sound barrier