Search This thread

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi Daxter,

very weird. The basic mod works - which is good.
The toggles do not work, really weird. Unfortunately I now would need to see your adb log during the bootloop to get more indication what goes wrong. But this is not really possible unless you are having good knowledge on adb.

And the CSC should be completely unrelated.

You can try to install the mod done by pantrif (with whom I have worked together on this). It should be compatible with Boeffla-Mod.
If you are successful, please let me know. Because then I have to check again what is wrong :)

Thanks
Andi

rollback works fine. no i dont have any other modifications
(but i got a CSC with ATO from JV2)

tried to install again, first the main theme only, then reboot and there was no bootloop.

then i installed the addon with the toggles and i got a bootloop again...

could i install the toggles just from another mod?
(e.g. from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21127449#post21127449)
because the main theme works fine

rmsinaga

Mar 13, 2011
phone.apk FC

Hi Andi,
When you're still using XXJVU, have you experienced phone.apk FC in this scenario? I experienced this, which is quite interesting how it happened:
1. Use other phone to call SGS, then answer the call
2. Let the screen turn off (by pressing the power button)
3. End the call from the other phone
4. The signal status bar turned white, then no response => phone.apk FC

If the screen is not off, no FC encountered :confused:
Not sure what is the root cause of this. Perhaps you may try to test it in your XWJW1 based mod.

I use XXJVU odex-based ROM (Tornado Whirlwind), Tornado Aureus Gold, Boeffla-Mod 2.0.3a Blue.

Thank you.

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi rmsinaga,

fortunately, I never experienced the Phone FC bug myself since I am on xxjvz or newer. So I never had it with xwjw1 and also never with xxjvu.

But, as you know, many people were reporting they got the Phone FC bug back with xxjvu. And this was one of the many reasons I went back to xwjw1.

I just did the test (which I always do when I am on a new firmware as I were suffering this issue before xxjvz all the time) you described on xwjw1. And, as expected, no issue.

I do not want to influence you, but I really do not see a hard reason to stay on xxjvu. I am more happy with xwjw1, but this is again only my personal opinion.

Personally I will never return back to xxjvu again. Only to the next leaked version (if there will come any ever) or once straight onto ICS when it is stable enough for daily usage.

Andi

Hi Andi,
When you're still using XXJVU, have you experienced phone.apk FC in this scenario? I experienced this, which is quite interesting how it happened:
1. Use other phone to call SGS, then answer the call
2. Let the screen turn off (by pressing the power button)
3. End the call from the other phone
4. The signal status bar turned white, then no response => phone.apk FC

If the screen is not off, no FC encountered :confused:
Not sure what is the root cause of this. Perhaps you may try to test it in your XWJW1 based mod.

I use XXJVU odex-based ROM (Tornado Whirlwind), Tornado Aureus Gold, Boeffla-Mod 2.0.3a Blue.

Thank you.

daxter19

Sep 15, 2010
You can try to install the mod done by pantrif (with whom I have worked together on this). It should be compatible with Boeffla-Mod.
If you are successful, please let me know. Because then I have to check again what is wrong :)

ok the same bootloop with the mod from pantrif...
is it right that i have to install the main theme in CWM with "choose zip from sd card" and the addon too?
or the addon with "toggle script asserts" or something else?

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi Daxter,

no, it is completely correct to install everyhing (main theme, all mods) via "choose zip from sd card". You never gonna need other options for it.

Hm, so you get also a bootloop with pantrifs mod. So, on the one hand this means, my mod is ok.
On the other hand it tells us, something is weird in your current configuration.
Very strange.

I have currently no idea what could go wrong. I would need the adb log for it to further investigate, but it is not trivial to get hold of this log.

Another option is - of course - a fresh install (or at least a wipe) and then putting the mods on first thing. But by going down that route you would loose all your apps and settings and data. So, do not know whether it is worth considering it.

Andi

ok the same bootloop with the mod from pantrif...
is it right that i have to install the main theme in CWM with "choose zip from sd card" and the addon too?
or the addon with "toggle script asserts" or something else?

daxter19

Sep 15, 2010
unfortunately i have no experience with adb...
and because the wipe: i flashed the same day the jvu rom and right after it i installed the mod...

i guess i have to live without the toggles...

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
unfortunately i have no experience with adb...
and because the wipe: i flashed the same day the jvu rom and right after it i installed the mod...

i guess i have to live without the toggles...

It seems more and more. However something is weird, have no other reports of unresolvable boot loops.

Would you mind telling me step by step how you flashed your rom? And what you did until installing this mod?

Maybe wenn find something still.

Thanks
Andi

(sent via tapatalk)

Nergla

Feb 23, 2011
Espoo
I have been on jvu since it was released and have had no problems. Have 2.0.3a with no problems. Keep trying other themes and mods but always come back to this one. Rollback works perfectly as does installation of theme and toggles. I really am satisfied and happy with it. Many thanks Andip

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Reactions: andip71

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
I have been on jvu since it was released and have had no problems. Have 2.0.3a with no problems. Keep trying other themes and mods but always come back to this one. Rollback works perfectly as does installation of theme and toggles. I really am satisfied and happy with it. Many thanks Andip

And me too, rock solid and fast on semaphore 2.5 bm, will wait for general release of ics before trying, as I need my phone and everything just works on jvu. Very happy, but still itching to flash!

Sent using TCP/IP

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks guys, glad you like it.

I say that because I usually put only into the mod what I really like too. Ok, sometimes it needs some convincing me :)

But knowing other people like as well what I like, ... well, is a good feeling.

Also, I am more and more playing with the thought of giving ICS (slim-ics) a try for at least some days. But not yet there...

Andi

And me too, rock solid and fast on semaphore 2.5 bm, will wait for general release of ics before trying, as I need my phone and everything just works on jvu. Very happy, but still itching to flash!

Sent using TCP/IP

gsw5700

Jan 31, 2011
Hi Andi, so will you be looking at creating themes for ics sometime in the future? (crossing my fingers)

Sent using TCP/IP

daxter19

Sep 15, 2010
It seems more and more. However something is weird, have no other reports of unresolvable boot loops.

Would you mind telling me step by step how you flashed your rom? And what you did until installing this mod?

ok now i had to flash my firmware again because i had problems with the market, and i have the same problem with the addon.

flashing:
opening odin 1.3, use jvu pda as code, jvu modem as phone and ato csc from jv2.
then factory reset and cashe wipe. then i used cf root for jvu as pda, flashed it. then semaphore 2.5 sc as pda, flashed it.
then i installed main theme via CWM "install zip", then directly the addon, then reboot system... - bootloop, the SGS logo comes and goes again and again...

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi Daxter,

I can confirm you did everything right. Just you could have skipped the step of flashing cf root when you flash semaphore next.

But, I really have no clue why it does not work for you. I do not know what is going wrong in your case as there are so many people around using the toggles mod by pantrif or by me without any issues.

Honestly, I am running out of ideas now :confused:

Have to think about it, but I am not positive I will get any new ideas... I am sorry.

Andi

ok now i had to flash my firmware again because i had problems with the market, and i have the same problem with the addon.

flashing:
opening odin 1.3, use jvu pda as code, jvu modem as phone and ato csc from jv2.
then factory reset and cashe wipe. then i used cf root for jvu as pda, flashed it. then semaphore 2.5 sc as pda, flashed it.
then i installed main theme via CWM "install zip", then directly the addon, then reboot system... - bootloop, the SGS logo comes and goes again and again...

daxter19

Sep 15, 2010
ok now it works!!!
dont really know why. i installed the blue mod and toggles and everything is perfect
i just installed semaphore and no cf-root. and maybe it was a download error or something.

thanks for the support

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Oh, I am really glad now. Was running out of ideas and would have recommended to download the zips again.
Maybe it was due to skipping the cf root step.

But please do not ask me whether I understand it or not... I honestly do NOT :)

Andi

ok now it works!!!
dont really know why. i installed the blue mod and toggles and everything is perfect
i just installed semaphore and no cf-root. and maybe it was a download error or something.

thanks for the support

medar

Mar 28, 2010
"Addon2 Disable scrolling cache" can be used with stock framework.jar? If not could you please provide a tutorial on how to disable scrolling cache in case I have stock odex XXJVU rom and I don't need a theme.
Sorry for my bad eanglish.
Thanks

andip71

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2008
Potsdam
OnePlus 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

your English is well, no worries :)

Yes, you can install addon2 also without Boeffla-Mod. It is quite independent.

Andi

"Addon2 Disable scrolling cache" can be used with stock framework.jar? If not could you please provide a tutorial on how to disable scrolling cache in case I have stock odex XXJVU rom and I don't need a theme.
Sorry for my bad eanglish.
Thanks

Reactions: medar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** PLEASE NOTE, I am currently back on xwjw1 firmware due to stability reasons. So development on this Boeffla-Mod version is freezed for the time being ***

Hi all,

as I make my own Theme after every ROM Samsung releases, I wanted to share this with you as I know some people find it useful.

Installation sequence:
    1. Always flash Boeffla-Mod main theme first (green-stock or blue theme)
    2. Then flash add-ons as you like:
      - Addon1: 13-toggles mod for drop down statusbar
      - Addon2: Disable scrolling cache to have smoother scrolling experience in lists
    3. If you want to fully revert or revert a part back, always use the rollback zip and start again from scratch.
      The rollback zip is the only procedure to make everything undone and get you back to a consistent basis !!!

Tip: You can flash everything sequentially in CWM without a need to reboot in between! Boeffla-Mod update scripting is made to support this, so you save time.
    Version history:

Version 2.0.3a (18.01.2012)
    • Changes to transparent dialer and contacts (now fully semi-tranparent on all main tabs)
    • Slight polishing on contacts UI (brought back the separator bar)
    • Energy saving widget is now also semi-transparent, and in blue mod has also blue theming
    • Disable scrolling cache as an own add-on as some people reported issues with it, so everyone can decide on his/her own
    Version 2.0.2
    • Disable scrolling cache is now included (there is mixed feedback on the effect, but in no case it will harm in a way)
    • The 13 toggles mod (until now without flashlight, I have patched this out) is now available again as add-on package for both themes
    • New rollback zip
    Version 2.0.1
    • Transparent Dialer and Contacts list
    • New rollback zip
    Version 2.0.0
    • Stock and blue theme available
    • Battery icon with percentage numbers (green or blue circle)
    • Connection icons turn to green/blue when fully connected
    • Extended power menu
    • Some quickpanel icons from ICS
    • Some transparency effects in pull down
    • Change overscroll glow to white for stock theme
    • CRT off animation
    • ICS window animations
    • All apks Zipaligned

Just flash (in CWM Recovery) the following files:

Current version:
    Stock theme 2.0.3a: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...nsp.+ICS-QuickPanel+TranspDialerContacts).zip
    Addon1 13-toggles stock theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...fla-Mod-Addon1-V1.0-(13-Toggle-Statusbar).zip

Blue theme 2.0.3a: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...ansp.+ICS-QuickPanelTranspDialerContacts).zip
    Addon1 13-toggles blue theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...od-Addon1-V1.0-blue-(13-Toggle-Statusbar).zip

Addon2 Disable scrolling cache (all themes): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...la-Mod-Addon2-V1.0-Disable-Scrollingcache.zip

Rollback zip (all themes): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Boeffla-Mod_2/2.0.3/XXJVU-ODEX-Boeffla-Mod-V2.0.3-Rollback.zip

Older versions:
    Stock theme 2.0.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...anel+TranspDialerContacts+DisScrollCache).zip
    13 toggles add-on for stock theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...ffla-Mod-Addon-V2.0-(13-Toggle-Statusbar).zip

Blue theme 2.0.2: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...PanelTranspDialerContacts+DisScrollCache).zip
    13 toggles add-on for blue theme: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...Mod-Addon-V2.0-blue-(13-Toggle-Statusbar).zip

Stock theme 2.0.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...nsp.+ICS-QuickPanel+TranspDialerContacts).zip
    Blue theme 2.0.1: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...ansp.+ICS-QuickPanelTranspDialerContacts).zip

Stock theme 2.0.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...reenIcons+ICSAnim+Transp.+ICS-QuickPanel).zip
    Blue theme 2.0.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19719719/Bo...reenIcons+ICSAnim+Transp.+ICS-QuickPanel).zip

Screenshots are attached.

As always: Flash on our own risk! This mod is only for ODEXED stock firmware!!! Make sure you have some space on /system left before you flash. I can and will not take any responsibility for bricked phones.

Please always do a nandroid backup in CWM first before any flash. Just in case bad comes to worse, this is your way back.

And on a very special request, I want you to know I partially use the (1.4.3) to do my mod. This tool has bugs as any other software of course, so it might come to unexpected side effects. Additionally I use smali and baksmali in version 1.3.0.

On top of that:
    I understand, many people would like to have slight deviations of this mod, different battery icons, different overscroll glow colours etc. However, I honestly do not have enough time to fulfill all your special requests.
    I build this mod only for my personal use basically, so it is like it is.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

In planning:
    • Looking into the AOSP lock screen enablement (challenging !!!)
    • Rotating dialer
    • Functional ideas: hacked camera, hacked dialer without increasing ring tone as add-ons as well

If you want to still have different Battery Icons etc, I recommend you to use the UOT kitchen (http://http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen) with which you can do a lot of additional tweaking yourself.
    Just extract the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files out of the Boeffla-Mod zip and load it into kitchen. As soon as the new files are built by kitchen, copy the both files back into the Boeffla-Mod zip and you are there. 7-Zip recommended as a good tool to work on the zip files.

Have fun.

If you like my work and want to donate something, please klick here: Donation

Please also refer to my old Boeffla-Mod thread for any more questios: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=20428822#post20428822

Cheers and enjoy
    Andi

Credits:
    - Samsung and Google for letting me reuse their graphics
    - Many others I do not know that did some graphics as well
    - pantrif13 and lidroid for the original 14 statusbar toggles mod
    - Everyone testing my latest stuff
    - All for their inputs and feedback
    New version 2.0.1

Good evening,

new version 2.0.1 is available.

It includes now transparent dialer and contacts list again.

Not yet included is the "disable scrolling cache" feature as I want to do another day of testing to ensure there are no hidden side effects.

Originally I wanted to also prepare the 13 toggles mod but somehow I do not seem to be fresh enough today. I struggled so far in integrating this. Will still work on that of course.

Have a good night
    Andi
    New release 2.0.2

Hi all,

I will release a new version 2.0.2 in a few minutes after doing some more extensive testing.

It will include on top of the last release:
    - Disable scrolling cache for smoother scrolling

And finally, I will release add-ons to install the 13 toggles mod for both themes. So everyone using this mod can use it again. Please note: It is the same mod as I did before for XWJW1 Boeffla-Mod, so it is again without flashlight. The reason is: I could easily copy the solution over from someone else. But I will not do it due to two reasons:
    a) I only release what I have modded myself - this is the only way for me to control what has been done and ensure to meet my personal quality targets
    b) I read about some weird effects for the 14 toggles mod still (statusbar disappearing completely and such things), so I will monitor this over the next days and see if it is stable or not

Hope you understand and support my approach.

Please note: I am still on a business trip until the weekend, so I will not be able to do any more development before the weekend.

Have fun with the new release :)

Thanks again to all for the feedback and motivating words so far.

Andi
    Dev update

Hi all,

just a small update:

The transparent dialer and contact lists are done now as well.

Next to tackle is the 13 toggles mod (before I try to get flashlight working and have a 14 toggles mod - thanks to pantrif for working together).
    Then will tackle the AOSP lock screen.

If everything goes well I can release a new version tonight (if conntection internet from hotel room is robust enough) with the transparency stuff + 13 toggles mod.

I keep you posted.

Thanks
    Andi
    New Boeffla-Mod coming up...

edit: sorry, will be tomorrow. got a bad cold and cannot work anymore today. tomorrow for sure!

Hi all,

just to announce, I will release a new Boeffla-Mod version either tonight or tomorrow.

Included:
    • Changes to transparent dialer and contacts (now fully semi-tranparent on all tabs)
    • Slight rework on contacts
    • Energy saving widget is now also semi-transparent, and in blue mod will also have blue theming
    • Disable scrolling cache will be an own add-on as some people reported issues with it, so everyone can decide on his/her own

Also to inform you: After monitoring closely some threads about the full 14 toggles statusbar including flashlight, I have seen too many people having issues with it still. So for the time being I dropped the idea to include flashlight as well. If you desparately need it, you can flash pantrif13's mod for it on top of Boeffla-Mod (only stock theme though and default icons). Or I recommend going for Widgetsoid to put it onto your home screen even (as I do).

Ok, more to come soon...

Thanks
    Andi