CM10/AOKP: Full Galaxy S3 Touchwiz UX, Theme, Widget Add-On For Jelly Bean

Search This thread

hitmantb

Mar 20, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669190

I was asked about this on the general forum CM10 thread, not my work at all but just want to share the original 200+ page thread for those of you not aware. There are many derivatives of this add-on, but out of 10+ similar add-on's I have tried this one works most flawlessly. Launcher is 4x4 but as a result it works perfectly with accuweather widget. Even our own Note 2 is ditching the extra column and I like the bigger icons showing more icon detail on this over having more icons on the same screen.

Unlike any other package I have tried, this add-on when flashed with CWM morphs the actual system UI and core apps like dialer/MMS into S3 touchwiz look. It is also based on the new Jelly Bean leak so has speed and fluidity advantages. Just download 1.3.3 (last item on the download section) from mrmad.net, flash, wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy! CWM is required unfortunately to morph the system applications, without it you will just get launcher, widget and miss the dialer/UI tweaks. I tested this with quincyatt CM10 M2 and it works perfectly, and should work with all CM10 based ROMS (Paranoid, AOKP, etc). It has everything you need, just works and there is no messing with RWXX permissions!

Like many of you, I find Galaxy S3's nature UX to be a huge selling point. Note 1's gingerbread UI screamed "cheap iPhone copycat", but S3's touchwiz UX was so good that I would have stayed stock if Samsung treated their customers right and gave me the same visual treatment when they gave us the ICS upgrade. I love the new accuweather widget and I find it much better than any of the sense-inspired widgets I have tried, and I love the way they made Android feel warm, natural and inviting.

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon1-e1345645068547.png

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon-11-e1345645222251.png

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon-31-e1345645492576.png

Last edited:

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
I'd also like to know this. That would get me to at least consider installing this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Same here! Keep going back and forth bx Roms even though I don't use the apps that often I like to be prepared lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

damastah

Jun 29, 2009
Desert Hot Springs
I'd also like to know this. That would get me to at least consider installing this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

I always wondered...does the smemo, snotes, and pen functions work when this launcher is installed?

No, this is just a launcher. From what I know, those other apps require TW framework and other Libraries that arent in AOSP ROMs. It's a launcher like Nova or ADW. Only affects the homescreen and app drawer

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
I have a great lust of alternative apps for snote and memo paid and free I don't miss touchwiz in that aspect just miss stable builds . But I rather have a ROM that plays my games at full fps than slow n sluggish :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
Was running this rom for a while. Does anyone know where to get the boot animation that the s3 comes with???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Last edited:

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
Its works fine must have fixed it.

And the s3 boot animation u can get from anywhere just use romtoolbox to stretch it to our resolution.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1669190

I was asked about this on the general forum CM10 thread, not my work at all but just want to share the original 200+ page thread for those of you not aware. There are many derivatives of this add-on, but out of 10+ similar add-on's I have tried this one works most flawlessly. Launcher is 4x4 but as a result it works perfectly with accuweather widget. Even our own Note 2 is ditching the extra column and I like the bigger icons showing more icon detail on this over having more icons on the same screen.

Unlike any other package I have tried, this add-on when flashed with CWM morphs the actual system UI and core apps like dialer/MMS into S3 touchwiz look. It is also based on the new Jelly Bean leak so has speed and fluidity advantages. Just download 1.3.3 (last item on the download section) from mrmad.net, flash, wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy! CWM is required unfortunately to morph the system applications, without it you will just get launcher, widget and miss the dialer/UI tweaks. I tested this with quincyatt CM10 M2 and it works perfectly, and should work with all CM10 based ROMS (Paranoid, AOKP, etc). It has everything you need, just works and there is no messing with RWXX permissions!

Like many of you, I find Galaxy S3's nature UX to be a huge selling point. Note 1's gingerbread UI screamed "cheap iPhone copycat", but S3's touchwiz UX was so good that I would have stayed stock if Samsung treated their customers right and gave me the same visual treatment when they gave us the ICS upgrade. I love the new accuweather widget and I find it much better than any of the sense-inspired widgets I have tried, and I love the way they made Android feel warm, natural and inviting.

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon1-e1345645068547.png

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon-11-e1345645222251.png

TouchWiz-Jelly-Bean-Addon-31-e1345645492576.png
    Does anyone have a mirror? can not access the DL link anymore. Thanks