Android 4.4 KitKat is here! Sony Mobile confirms roll out!

Search This thread

w63201784

Feb 5, 2011
Taiwan
FTF will be online in 65 minutes

Screenshot_1970-02-09-00-56-23.png

Screenshot_1970-02-09-00-56-36.png

online now?
:confused:

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster
oh noooo that f..ugly "new" quicksettings :eek: Why should I need a separate tab for them!?!?

That is classic case of doing something different for the sake of it. They should have stuck with default Android behaviour. Single finger swipe down = Notifications. 2 finger swipe down = Quick settings.
This is the thing I hate the most. I am fine with skins, but dont change things around for the sake of doing something different. Some things needs to be left as they are meant to be.

Ugh, I hate the look of this change. So bloated and messy, and without the two finger fast access.

Currently on Sony's 4.3 I have a single neat row of the toggles that I actually use. Much neater and much more convenient.

_katho_

Jan 24, 2010
That is classic case of doing something different for the sake of it. They should have stuck with default Android behaviour. Single finger swipe down = Notifications. 2 finger swipe down = Quick settings.
This is the thing I hate the most. I am fine with skins, but dont change things around for the sake of doing something different. Some things needs to be left as they are meant to be.

Ugh, I hate the look of this change. So bloated and messy, and without the two finger fast access.

Currently on Sony's 4.3 I have a single neat row of the toggles that I actually use. Much neater and much more convenient.

Maybe you should try first before speaking. 2 fingers for fast access works.

brocnical

Oct 9, 2011
Ulster
Was only waiting for kitkat only if smartcall and tap to wake up were in it... I dont see the point of upgrading.. :S

Of the Z2 features, I think Smart Backlight Control would be the most useful. It's a feature Samsung devices have had for a couple of years now, so see so reason why it shouldn't be on the current Sony flagship (which the Z1c is).

papzi57

Feb 28, 2013
pécs
Is it possible, flash ftf with flashtool, don't wipe data and cache: and keep rooting? (Supersu in survival mode)
Or any solution root the 4.4 ver, on locked bootloader?

Darkimmortal

Sep 21, 2010
Can anyone confirm if the gamma curve has been fixed?

(in other words are darker colours any brighter / is there more definition in shadowy areas of images?)

Last edited:

pixel81k

Nov 4, 2011
everything working great, even root with doomlords "testimage" =)

Sony even spent "Touchblock" now!!! great thingy =)

what i cannot bring to life is XPosed-Framework - it's not the most needed, but hopefully soon gets an update

UPDATE: XPosed 2.5 Beta 2 works flawlessly

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android KitKat is rolling out.
    Quote from Sony Mobile:

"The next Sony software rollout for*Xperia Z Ultra,Xperia Z1*and*Xperia Z1 Compact*starts right about now*…

We’ve been working to build new Sony experiences on Google’s KitKat release to create some neat / sweet features (if we say so ourselves) – in addition to a few performance tweaks here & there, some of the functionality you can look forward to includes:

Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat*as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation…We’ve added*our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
    If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface*– we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
    We’re also*uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions*– bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and…
    Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration**– a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more!
    Our*unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”,*with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select*– skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…"

More info available here: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/03...eria-z-ultra-xperia-z1-and-xperia-z1-compact/

No signs of tap2wake and other stuff from Xperia Z2.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    even in xperia z and z1 UK are always behind in updates :(

UK unbranded here and got update via sony seus on two Z1Cs.
    Hmm, I have to admit it's very weird seeing you guys complain about battery duration on KK. I updated my Z1C to 4.4.2 last night via PC Companion, and I have to say there are plenty of improvements. Extended battery life, A LOT better camera quality (I was utterly disappointed by the quality on 4.3) and less RAM usage (On 4.3 there was approx. 900-930mb of RAM used, and on 4.4 it's literally 200mb less. Exactly 723mb as I'm typing this).

And while this is subjective, and I'm not saying it is, or is not, a bad 'upgrade', I got used to the new Quick toggles very soon.

Anyway, just my two cents.
    ART

It's a shame, but I can remember reading somewhere in some blog that ART will only be available on Nexus phones (and Motorola i guess) for now

It's included in the CyanogenMod 11 nightlies.
    No signs of tap2wake and other stuff from Xperia Z2.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Meh... That would kinda suck... Dev would've to port tap2wake from Z2\Z into custom kernel (which we still don't have) and that might take quite a looooong time =(