MUGEN POWER 3000 mAh BATTERY CASE

Search This thread

sir_mambo

Dec 2, 2010
MUGEN, a staple in the battery case market, just released their Nexus 5 3000 mAh battery case. I'm pretty excited to see how this case fares up against the ZeroLemon and LimeFuel cases. Does anybody have the case or has seen a review for it. Is anybody else really excited about the news?!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

TheAtheistOtaku

Oct 18, 2011
Buffalo
would love to buy but for 90$ its a bit too expensive for my tastes.

Can someone explain why they are so expensive? is it build quality or is it just for the brand like apple

jkcarp94

Does anyone have this case? I contacted Mugen and they claim that the case is only 1cm thick. I find that really hard to believe. The Nexus 5 by itself is 0.7cm. I can't believe that the case only adds 0.3cm to the thickness. The i-Blason case is regarded as very thin and it is still 1.6cm thick and the Mugen is a bigger battery than the i-Blason. Something doesn't seem right.

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Does anyone have this case? I contacted Mugen and they claim that the case is only 1cm thick. I find that really hard to believe. The Nexus 5 by itself is 0.7cm. I can't believe that the case only adds 0.3cm to the thickness. The i-Blason case is regarded as very thin and it is still 1.6cm thick and the Mugen is a bigger battery than the i-Blason. Something doesn't seem right.

I think they meant that the case adds an additional 1cm thickness. So it would be 1.7cm thick with both the case and phone combined.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jkcarp94

That may very well end up being the reality but their email was very specific and said the dimensions of the case are as follows.

Something definitely could be lost in translation of languages too. I have sent them a follow up email specifically on that 1 centimeter measurement so we will see what they have to say.

I'd love to find out that the one centimeter depth is accurate and that might honestly explain the reason why it is twice as much cost as the other options. They might have a much more refined design that allows them to do something like a custom shaped battery or something else to keep the size down.

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
That may very well end up being the reality but their email was very specific and said the dimensions of the case are as follows.

Something definitely could be lost in translation of languages too. I have sent them a follow up email specifically on that 1 centimeter measurement so we will see what they have to say.

I'd love to find out that the one centimeter depth is accurate and that might honestly explain the reason why it is twice as much cost as the other options. They might have a much more refined design that allows them to do something like a custom shaped battery or something else to keep the size down.

Well, from this picture alone, you can pretty much see it's not .3cm thick. And the site says "Dimensions: W(70.96 mm) x D(20.2 mm) x H(151 mm)".

ZPLaZd3.jpg