FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

NORDICTRACK ELITE 9500 PRO Treadmill w/ 10" Android Tablet

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By ntsteele, Junior Member on 27th January 2011, 04:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2013, 11:35 PM |#61  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
I have a feeling that no one here can help me but I have a Nordictrack c2450 (2012) that seems to be flat out broken. About 6 months ago I got the treadmill and followed the steps posted earlier to get aptoid and a side launcher installed so that I could install an XBMC remote, but that never ended up being used. I haven't accessed the android menu since, and used the treadmill many times.

Last week I noticed the treadmill's screen was on the default, blank android home screen as I walked by it. It is never like that so I rebooted it, and it went right back to the android home screen- no iFit launch or anything.

I am not sure what happened since just over a week ago I went for a run on this treadmill. Suddenly it seems that the iFit software is gone or at least not booting? Because of this literally none of the buttons work on the treadmill and it is completely unusable.

There is no visible usb port on the c2450, but I am not sure if there is one if I start to disassemble the main console. Could I try flashing the 2150 firmware from the usb key posted in an earlier post on this thread or would it be different? I'm at a loss here, it just isn't working.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might be able to give me.

EDIT: I fixed it after finding a random support page from iFit. Was like a needle in a haystack, but it is actually quite easy and quick:

https://ifit.zendesk.com/entries/214...t-app-manually

Maybe it can help someone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagle132 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagle132 Ad-Free
 
 
17th December 2013, 05:05 PM |#62  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Lets get more out of these
I am going to throw out the offer again to any developers that would be interested. I have both 10" and 7" screens that I would donate to the cause. I'm sure that we could do a lot more with these tablets if we had a dev working on it.
21st November 2014, 07:57 PM |#63  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle132

I have a feeling that no one here can help me but I have a Nordictrack c2450 (2012) that seems to be flat out broken. About 6 months ago I got the treadmill and followed the steps posted earlier to get aptoid and a side launcher installed so that I could install an XBMC remote, but that never ended up being used. I haven't accessed the android menu since, and used the treadmill many times.

Last week I noticed the treadmill's screen was on the default, blank android home screen as I walked by it. It is never like that so I rebooted it, and it went right back to the android home screen- no iFit launch or anything.

I am not sure what happened since just over a week ago I went for a run on this treadmill. Suddenly it seems that the iFit software is gone or at least not booting? Because of this literally none of the buttons work on the treadmill and it is completely unusable.

There is no visible usb port on the c2450, but I am not sure if there is one if I start to disassemble the main console. Could I try flashing the 2150 firmware from the usb key posted in an earlier post on this thread or would it be different? I'm at a loss here, it just isn't working.

Thanks for any assistance anyone might be able to give me.

EDIT: I fixed it after finding a random support page from iFit. Was like a needle in a haystack, but it is actually quite easy and quick:

https://ifit.zendesk.com/entries/214...t-app-manually

Maybe it can help someone else.

Like a boss....... TY.
25th April 2015, 12:16 AM |#64  
Jay A whY's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aurora, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Bump...

I just purchased the 9700 series. It's running Android 2.2 and I was able boot into safe, install z4root and Smart Taskbar. Having issues finding Froyo compatible apps (Aptoide, Shiwbox and Sling Player) the ones I've found online are not compatible with Froyo (pic attached).. If someone has a link or APK for Aptoide, Showbox or Slingplayer (I own a copy of this software) that is Froyo compatible, I would greatly appreciate the help!

Anyone successfully install the Play Store without killing the allotted drive space?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11th August 2015, 05:20 AM |#65  
DetCochese's Avatar
Member
Flag Unmarked Rustbox
Thanks Meter: 5
 
Donate to Me
More
Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread but I just wanted to say thanks.

My brand new X9i incline trainer is a whole lot more fun now. I got the Smart task bar installed. I just got Kindle up and running which was my primary reason for doing this. Next, maybe gapps to get Google music to stream? And maybe Nexflix and Amazon Video so wifey can watch her shows. More tinkering tomorrow.

Thanks guys!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DetCochese For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DetCochese Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 02:49 AM |#66  
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Thanks for all of this info.
I have a NordicTrack C1750 (as several others have mentioned). I opened up the back of my tablet, placed a micro SD card so that I could install to it. However, no matter what I do, I cannot get the tablet to recognize or allow me to mount the SD card.

Any suggestions? Without being able to mount the SD card, I cannot install any applications

Thank you in advance!
4th August 2016, 10:47 AM |#67  
BRANDENDEUCE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MEMPHIS
Thanks Meter: 180
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsay

Thanks for all of this info.
I have a NordicTrack C1750 (as several others have mentioned). I opened up the back of my tablet, placed a micro SD card so that I could install to it. However, no matter what I do, I cannot get the tablet to recognize or allow me to mount the SD card.

Any suggestions? Without being able to mount the SD card, I cannot install any applications

Thank you in advance!

Try using app2sd

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
6th August 2016, 02:33 PM |#68  
Senior Member
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDENDEUCE

Try using app2sd

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using XDA-Developers mobile app

I agree that I think app2sd should be able to take care of this; I'm just running out of ideas on how to get app2SD installed so that I can do this.

Where I stand:
My SD card is recognized by my computer, not my nordictrack tablet. I do not have any other phones or devices besides my windows computers that have an SD or microSD card slot.
I have successfully moved the app to my SD card, named latest.apk, which comes from Icon; however, I never "installed" the app to my SD card.
How do I install the app to my SD card rather than just having the APK located on it?
If I use app2SD or something equivalent to do this (which I believe I likely do), how do I use app2SD on a windows computer to install the app on my SD card?

Thank you VERY much for your assistance, I am very grateful.
6th August 2016, 03:40 PM |#69  
BRANDENDEUCE's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag MEMPHIS
Thanks Meter: 180
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsay

I agree that I think app2sd should be able to take care of this; I'm just running out of ideas on how to get app2SD installed so that I can do this.

Where I stand:
My SD card is recognized by my computer, not my nordictrack tablet. I do not have any other phones or devices besides my windows computers that have an SD or microSD card slot.
I have successfully moved the app to my SD card, named latest.apk, which comes from Icon; however, I never "installed" the app to my SD card.
How do I install the app to my SD card rather than just having the APK located on it?
If I use app2SD or something equivalent to do this (which I believe I likely do), how do I use app2SD on a windows computer to install the app on my SD card?

Thank you VERY much for your assistance, I am very grateful.

You can't. It has to be installed on the main sd. Then after formatting the sd card before putting it in with the correct partitions it should read the external card. Use eausus partition program on Windows to set up the external sd with the partitions.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using XDA-Developers mobile app
11th November 2016, 07:15 PM |#70  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Awesome thread! Thanks for all the info!
I can get into the android desktop and have installed Smart Taskbar and App2SD.
Anything else i try to install either has a parsing error, or won't fit.
There is supposedly 2GB sd card space, that I cannot access to copy to, even with App2SD.
Any ideas how to access that space? What is it even there for if it can't be used?
If I add a micro sd to the slot, android boots from it, even if it is an empty sd card, and the card does not show up in the settings.

Also, the browser constantly has issues with supposedly outdated security certificates, even though time and date are set correctly, and thecertificate is within date.
The browser won't allow me to go to many websites, and often tells me it is outdated.
Netflix, for example.
Thanks for any help/ideas1
20th December 2017, 04:14 PM |#71  
Aqua1ung's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Got me a brand new NordicTrack Elliptical Commercial 14.9 (NTEL71517). Followed instructions, installed Smart Taskbar. Big thanks to whomever discovered this hack! Currently looking to tweak some of the built-in workout routines. Looks like they're all hosted on s3.amazonaws.com. I am guessing, however, that they should be downloaded/cached somewhere locally, as I cannot imagine one needs an internet connection to do one's workout. Any idea where these might be hosted locally?

Anyway, thank you all for your pioneering work! Someone should post a quick tutorial in the OP with steps on how to hack this machine. Here's a beginning:
  1. Turn on machine.
  2. Once you see ANDROID appear in the center of the screen, hold the menu button pressed ("the dashes button that is between the home and back buttons on the console") until you see "Unable to load widget" on the screen. This launches safe mode, hence bypasses the loading of the iFit application that steals focus.
  3. Go to settings, and enable side loading.
  4. Launch browser and download Smart Taskbar (or plug in a USB dongle containing the Smart Taskbar apk file to the USB port).
  5. Install Smart Taskbar.
  6. Reboot after installing Smart Taskbar.
  7. Allow normal boot up, no safe mode required. You'll notice the trademark Smart Taskbar arrow on the screen. Launch Smart Taskbar. You're in. Feel free to kill the iFit process to restore Android desktop.
  8. Next: root (how?) + install apps to USB dongle (how?). Someone else, please detail these steps.

Many thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aqua1ung For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Aqua1ung Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android tablet, fitness, nordictrack, treadmill

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes