FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[7.10.2012][NT 5.10.8835.35 V1]Gold_C_ML_51265104_R_153000830_2316w0506U by ansar

2,767 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,851

By ansar.ath.gr, Retired Recognized Developer on 16th February 2012, 05:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th February 2012, 05:40 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
DFT rom works perfectly, except that I get a new wifi MAC id each time I reboot. Since I use MAC filtering on my wifi, it gets annoying to add the MAC everytime. Isn't it supposed to pick it up from the h/w? Why is it using a custom one?

19th February 2012, 07:48 AM |#32  
Flag Gilbert, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I've been running the DFT Freedom ROM too for 24 hours now on my primary handset with zero problems. Now that ansar has fixed the connection issues in his, both custom ROMs seem solid and worth the trouble to download and flash.
19th February 2012, 02:25 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztid420

I have now loaded both roms on my phone and used them and both seem to issues for me.

DFT ROM:
I cant open emails i can see the names of them but if i open one it takes me to the start screen. This seems to be the only issue i am having currently with this rom but kinda of important to me

Ansar ROM:
after a few times of opening any programs or games i cant open them any more including reg editor and file explorer rebboting of the phone doesnt help either.

I have not tried hard resetting on either rom i may try that to see if it fixes the issues.

i haven't had any issues with DFT either. Everything runs just as my sprint mango did, just with more features hopefully the hard reset works for you.....did you do HSPL?
19th February 2012, 03:49 PM |#34  
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dimentia

i haven't had any issues with DFT either. Everything runs just as my sprint mango did, just with more features hopefully the hard reset works for you.....did you do HSPL?

Does DFT fix the whole 160 sms limit?
19th February 2012, 06:59 PM |#35  
Flag Gilbert, Arizona

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iEatRappers

Does DFT fix the whole 160 sms limit?

No. But now that we're fully unlocked, we can start pouring through the registry and comparing DLLs to see where the limitation comes from and how we can "fix" it.
19th February 2012, 07:07 PM |#36  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dimentia

I figured out my issues with the DFT rom, It was certian Color changes i made to the theme in the registry. So i got that fixed and DFT rom works perfectly. Yes i did HSPL also.

As far as the 160 txt limit that still isnt fixed. but it gives you the access to try and fix it if it is in the registry.
19th February 2012, 07:21 PM |#37  
Flag Bronx, NY
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Cool also does anyone know what registry to edit to allow us to control track playback using headphones(like double click the middle button twice to go to next track and click it 3 times to go to previous track).I know samsung windows phone can do it but 1st gen htc windows phone(arrve,trophy,hd7 etc...) cant :/
20th February 2012, 04:00 AM |#38  
Flag new york
Thanks Meter: 18

More
loving the dft rom right now,but a few of the apps are not displaying properly once opened. how do you hard reset? is it : Settings/about/reset your phone or is it done by using another method? thx!

***update: had to change the background from white to dark...seems like some apps wont work with white background now....(seems like a bug)
20th February 2012, 05:17 PM |#39  

More
Looking for XAP
I saw this mentioned earlier... but where is the U2M8107_v1.2.xap ? After a short search I found a link from rapidshare for it but it won't work on my arrive it tells me:

Quote:

Warning

The carrier doesn't exist in database.
Please contact your carrier for connection setting and go to Setting>cellular>edit APN for further configuration.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Awesome job ansar!
20th February 2012, 05:22 PM |#40  
Flag Detroit Mi

More
It seems mms doesn't work on dft's rom. Does it work properly on ansars?
20th February 2012, 06:15 PM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygriggs

It seems mms doesn't work on dft's rom. Does it work properly on ansars?

Seems to be; though honestly maybe I am misunderstanding the problem. I have sent pictures to other phones using this rom using messaging>paperclip (and I was sending to another phone, not email, Facebook, or messenger.)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)