[APP][4.0+] Screen Mirroring, Broadcasting to Twitch, Youtube, ... and recording app

Search This thread

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Screen Stream Mirroring is a powerful app for mirroring or broadcasting your Android screen and audio in real time !
http://mobzapp.com/mirroring

You can share Android screen "live" just like a dual screen to any device or pc on the same network through media player, web browser, Chromecast, and UPnP / DLNA devices (Smart TV or other compatible devices).
You can make powerful presentation for work, education, or gaming.
You can broadcast your Android screen to internet popular streaming servers (Twitch, Ustream, Youtube, ...).
You can also record it to MP4 video files.

Main features are:
  • No root required: Prior to Android 5.0 you need to run our startup tool from your computer to activate screen mirroring.
  • Mirroring with media players and tools such as VLC, XBMC/KODI, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), and others...
  • Mirroring with web browsers
  • Broadcast online to Twitch, Youtube, Ustream, and others...
  • Mirroring with UPnP / DLNA devices such as Smart TV and others compatible devices
  • Google Cast™ Ready (Chromecast)
  • Recording to MP4 file
  • Camera overlay while you stream or record
  • internal audio (ROOTED Android 4.4+ devices) and microphone
  • Mixed audio (internal + microphone) available
  • Compatible with Network Tethering (wifi, bluetooth, USB)
  • Many settings to optimize performances
  • Secure stream with username + password (RTSP)
  • Logs to know who is connected
  • Any number of connections can be made, so multiple people can connect at the same time

Links to Play Store:

App screenshots are also attached to the thread...

App web site is here: http://mobzapp.com/mirroring

Attachments

• device-2015-02-20-234502.png
    device-2015-02-20-234502.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 12,519
  • device-2015-02-20-234743.png
    device-2015-02-20-234743.png
    122 KB · Views: 12,540
  • device-2015-02-20-234645.png
    device-2015-02-20-234645.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 12,495
  • device-2015-02-20-234634.png
    device-2015-02-20-234634.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 11,519
  • device-2015-02-20-234555.png
    device-2015-02-20-234555.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 11,032
  • device-2015-02-20-234608.png
    device-2015-02-20-234608.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 10,639
  • device-2015-02-20-234657.png
    device-2015-02-20-234657.png
    128.6 KB · Views: 10,792
  • device-2015-02-21-131139.png
    device-2015-02-21-131139.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 10,454
Last edited:

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Whats the difference between this app and "screen mirroing " of chromecast apk

Differences are :
  • Chromecast mirroring is only one of the features of this app (you can also mirror to many other kind of target devices, broadcast to Internet, and record)
  • Official Chromecast mirroring gives better latency
  • It's works for some devices for which Chromecast mirroring is not possible with Google's app
  • You can choose to stream with internal audio OR microphone audio OR both
  • You can change many settings such framerate, bitrate, and resolution to tweak quality
  • Software encoding provides many live video effects
  • probably few other differences but I think I told you most important ;)

dimurg

Jun 17, 2015
VLC

VLC crashes after I change the screen orientation. How to fix this?

Everything is ok. I was using old version of VLC, after updating it works properly. Sorry.

Last edited:

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
great ! Yes I was just about to tell you to update to the last VLC version. They handle rotation properly now...

huyn54

Jun 19, 2015
Galaxy s5 audio issues

I am able to stream my screen to xbmc and chrome. However, no matter what I do I am unable to get the internal audio to stream. I am using Moar Rom 6.2 lolipop galaxy s5. Is there something I could do to get this app to work with audio?

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
I am able to stream my screen to xbmc and chrome. However, no matter what I do I am unable to get the internal audio to stream. I am using Moar Rom 6.2 lolipop galaxy s5. Is there something I could do to get this app to work with audio?
It might be because of the ROM you are using, but I am not sure.
I'll try to check if this is a problem related to this device, but it would be great to know if it is the same with Samsung's Lollipop ROM...

Sychodrama

Nov 28, 2011
I can only get it to have Su access like 1 out of 8 times. But Su actually grants access evertime it just seems the app doesn't know. Then when it does work I can't get it to actually stream to twitch. It just says "Mirroring is paused" when I press play. Then if I press stop it automatically goes back to the opening screen giving me instructions for if i'm not rooted or Android 5.0.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition Stock ROM Rooted.

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
I can only get it to have Su access like 1 out of 8 times. But Su actually grants access evertime it just seems the app doesn't know. Then when it does work I can't get it to actually stream to twitch. It just says "Mirroring is paused" when I press play. Then if I press stop it automatically goes back to the opening screen giving me instructions for if i'm not rooted or Android 5.0.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition Stock ROM Rooted.
Hi,
what app version do you have ? Please be sure you are using the last available update.

EratosDev

Jul 16, 2015
App crashes when camera is turned on

Greetings all,

Im running android 4.1.2 and each time i try to record my phone screen it just crashes .It happens when i turn on the camera all and just shows in the application the following message .

Application closed , invalid access to resource .

I did use the tutorial to use the application even thou i don't have root privilege .

Eratos

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Greetings all,

Im running android 4.1.2 and each time i try to record my phone screen it just crashes .It happens when i turn on the camera all and just shows in the application the following message .

I did use the tutorial to use the application even thou i don't have root privilege .

Eratos
Hi,
so are you able to stream or record, and do you have troubles only with camera ?
By the way what app version do you have ?

Reactions: EratosDev

EratosDev

Jul 16, 2015

Hi,
so are you able to stream or record, and do you have troubles only with camera ?

Sorry for the wait,

I am able to stream to google with some lagg, but i cant do the local desktop recording.

1.-I can open the app.
2.- I select record on local file option.
3.- I start the recording.

-its recording well if i don't start the camera app on the desktop.
If I do that it crashes or doesn't save the video or saves but doesn't play the full video.

My version is 2.1.5 .

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Sorry for the wait,

I am able to stream to google with some lagg, but i cant do the local desktop recording.

1.-I can open the app.

If I do that it crashes or doesn't save the video or saves but doesn't play the full video.

My version is 2.1.5 .
Ok you seem to have a recent version but you seem to have a problem with use of camera.
If it ask you to send a bug report when it crashes, please send it. I'll do my best to fix it.
Thanks.

Reactions: EratosDev

EratosDev

Jul 16, 2015
More information

Ok you seem to have a recent version but you seem to have a problem with use of camera.
If it ask you to send a bug report when it crashes, please send it. I'll do my best to fix it.
Thanks.

Hi Sloosh,

In the quest of helping you fix this problem , I will send all the details of the device . My device android version is 4.1.2 and its on a samsung camera s3 . For what i saw , I needed the code to run it on root that you guys provided(start service.sh) .I think the problem lands on the class you used for the recording on the application . Once it starts the screen recording and the camera app at the same time there could be a conflict on the class or the resources.

*Updated my app

I did all the process and at the end when i open the camera app it looks like it works well. When i see the video the video is just damaged , it doesn't play the full video and stops each 3 seconds . I have to play it again and again and the camera part doesn't show .

I would like to help you more but the Screen Stream app is driving me crazy . With all the bugs and the publicity it takes me like 5 minutes to run the application . If i want to use it again the next day, I have to run startservice.sh again.

EratosDev

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
Hi, I'm having issues with the audio, if I have it set to internal and enable it to play on my device as well it will echo really bad on the stream (using it to stream on Twitch). Its not so bad if I don't have it play on my device, but I really like to have it play on my phone as well when playing a game.

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Hi Sloosh,

In the quest of helping you fix this problem , I will send all the details of the device . My device android version is 4.1.2 and its on a samsung camera s3 . For what i saw , I needed the code to run it on root that you guys provided(start service.sh) .I think the problem lands on the class you used for the recording on the application . Once it starts the screen recording and the camera app at the same time there could be a conflict on the class or the resources.

*Updated my app

I did all the process and at the end when i open the camera app it looks like it works well. When i see the video the video is just damaged , it doesn't play the full video and stops each 3 seconds . I have to play it again and again and the camera part doesn't show .

I would like to help you more but the Screen Stream app is driving me crazy . With all the bugs and the publicity it takes me like 5 minutes to run the application . If i want to use it again the next day, I have to run startservice.sh again.

EratosDev
Camera uses a lot of things, it might also be an opengl issue because it uses opengl for video effects.
So if I understand well now the camera works well, but you have troubles with recording a good video file, is it correct ?
If so, can you please let me know the settings you are using ?
Have you tried to enable hardware encoding option ? It should be disabled by default with your device because it is running Android 4.1, this is a quite old Android version now and causes some troubles...

Sloosh

Jan 7, 2011
Hi, I'm having issues with the audio, if I have it set to internal and enable it to play on my device as well it will echo really bad on the stream (using it to stream on Twitch). Its not so bad if I don't have it play on my device, but I really like to have it play on my phone as well when playing a game.

What do you mean by it will "echo really bad on the stream" ? Do you mean it cuts audio or produces scratches on the stream side ?

grilledbacon32

Jan 2, 2012
What do you mean by it will "echo really bad on the stream" ? Do you mean it cuts audio or produces scratches on the stream side ?

On the stream side, it sounds like its playing the audio twice, one is faint but you can for sure hear it. It almost sounds like it my phones microphone picking it up, but I do not have it set to mic/internal (mixed), I only have it set to Internal and then check the "keep on phone" option. If I do not have that option selected it works fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Screen Stream Mirroring is a powerful app for mirroring or broadcasting your Android screen and audio in real time !
    http://mobzapp.com/mirroring

You can share Android screen "live" just like a dual screen to any device or pc on the same network through media player, web browser, Chromecast, and UPnP / DLNA devices (Smart TV or other compatible devices).
    You can make powerful presentation for work, education, or gaming.
    You can broadcast your Android screen to internet popular streaming servers (Twitch, Ustream, Youtube, ...).
    You can also record it to MP4 video files.

Main features are:
    • No root required: Prior to Android 5.0 you need to run our startup tool from your computer to activate screen mirroring.
    • Mirroring with media players and tools such as VLC, XBMC/KODI, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), and others...
    • Mirroring with web browsers
    • Broadcast online to Twitch, Youtube, Ustream, and others...
    • Mirroring with UPnP / DLNA devices such as Smart TV and others compatible devices
    • Google Cast™ Ready (Chromecast)
    • Recording to MP4 file
    • Camera overlay while you stream or record
    • internal audio (ROOTED Android 4.4+ devices) and microphone
    • Mixed audio (internal + microphone) available
    • Compatible with Network Tethering (wifi, bluetooth, USB)
    • Many settings to optimize performances
    • Secure stream with username + password (RTSP)
    • Logs to know who is connected
    • Any number of connections can be made, so multiple people can connect at the same time

Links to Play Store:

App screenshots are also attached to the thread...

App web site is here: http://mobzapp.com/mirroring
    Greetings all,

Eratos
    Hi,
    Sorry for the wait,

1.-I can open the app.

My version is 2.1.5 .
    Thanks.
    Hi there.
    I got a Galaxy Note 4 running 4.4.4. After some experiments, I found that the only hardware encoder that works seems to be "MPEG4 [Hardare 4.1]". Is that normal? Is there somewhere I can enable some sort of error logging to see what's going on when it tries the different hardware encoder?
    Also, for local file recording, it only allows H264, is it possible to allow MPEG4 as well (so that I can use the hardware encoder)?
    Thanks for this great app again.

Hi,
    I'll see if I can add MPEG4 in addition to H264 for file recording, but I would recommend to upgrade your Galaxy Note 4 to Lollipop as the last update (2.1.6) works great with the best hardware encoding method with such device on Lollipop.
    Thanks. I did see the changelog about Note 4. However at the moment I cannot move onto Lollipop yet because of a few security changes (selinux and the like).
    Thank you very much for look into this though.
    The new update available today includes MPEG4 format for file recording.
    I hope it can fill your needs, but please keep in mind you will have far better performances if you update to Lollipop.
    Regards.