FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting Every Spreadtrum SC6820/SC8810 phones ! (1.5)

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 164

By ElectronikHeart, Member on 25th February 2013, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd March 2013, 04:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
question
Hi ElectronikHeart, i need help

I have a feiteng a7100, and i flash a rom with ResearchDownload.exe, in the flash operations tab i choose the option to erase all flash. Now i have a brick phone. Do you have a copy of nv.bin? Do you know how to recover from it? how can i reflash nand?
thanks
3rd March 2013, 05:17 PM |#12  
Flag QC
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxphoenix

Dear Spreadtrum Master!

But when i try to use the phone as a phone, i talk to the phone, and the others just only hearing pieces of my sentences. Sometimes the phone is very-very silent, i need to shout for the others to hear. I thought, that this is a microphone problem, so i replaced the microphone. But nothing changed. I had 2 phones from this type, and both produces the same fault,

The Master hasn't been in the past few days so I'll try to answer your issue as best I can.

Usually, the phones are designed for a specific region/country. It's possible that your ROM was built for a different one. How sure are you that the ROM which you are replacing it with will work for you? (I assume that you have a backup and you know how to load ROMs) Also, you might want to try editing the build.prop it increase/maximize reception.

To be honest, this is actually a complicated approach. From what you said, it seems that you've made other troubleshooting steps on your own. Since you really did not mention all of them I'm basing my response on what you said.

Let's try to stick to the basics first. Why did you replace the microphone in the first place? If the same issue happens with 2 other phones from this type, I don't think the mic is the problem. Also, does this mean that you can hear them fine, but they have a hard time hearing you? Have you tried using the stock sound recorder on your phone? Is it also choppy? Have you tried using Skype? You don't really have to call anyone, you just need to make a test call.

When using the device as a phone (eg. making calls, sending SMS, MMS, or connecting to the internet using EDGE or 3G), you're actually relying mostly on your carrier/service provider. How many signal bars do you get? The easiest way to test signal related issues would be by using a different SIM or using a different phone. (When you try a different phone, I suggest using a GSM one - the ones that can only make calls or do SMS.) It's highly possible that there's already something wrong with your SIM.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmss

I have a feiteng a7100, and i flash a rom with ResearchDownload.exe, in the flash operations tab i choose the option to erase all flash. Now i have a brick phone. Do you have a copy of nv.bin? Do you know how to recover from it? how can i reflash nand?
thanks

ElectronikHeart hasn't checked in the past few days, so I hope you don't mind me butting in.

When you say brick, does it mean that you don't even have recovery mode? If you don't, try to see if you can put CWM. Once successful, you can try to use the A7100 ROM if your original one was a mt6515_c910_ht_en_4.0_v01 rom using the update.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to jvrey5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jvrey5 Ad-Free
3rd March 2013, 07:41 PM |#13  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvrey5

The Master hasn't been in the past few days so I'll try to answer your issue as best I can.

Usually, the phones are designed for a specific region/country. It's possible that your ROM was built for a different one. How sure are you that the ROM which you are replacing it with will work for you? (I assume that you have a backup and you know how to load ROMs) Also, you might want to try editing the build.prop it increase/maximize reception.

To be honest, this is actually a complicated approach. From what you said, it seems that you've made other troubleshooting steps on your own. Since you really did not mention all of them I'm basing my response on what you said.

Let's try to stick to the basics first. Why did you replace the microphone in the first place? If the same issue happens with 2 other phones from this type, I don't think the mic is the problem. Also, does this mean that you can hear them fine, but they have a hard time hearing you? Have you tried using the stock sound recorder on your phone? Is it also choppy? Have you tried using Skype? You don't really have to call anyone, you just need to make a test call.

When using the device as a phone (eg. making calls, sending SMS, MMS, or connecting to the internet using EDGE or 3G), you're actually relying mostly on your carrier/service provider. How many signal bars do you get? The easiest way to test signal related issues would be by using a different SIM or using a different phone. (When you try a different phone, I suggest using a GSM one - the ones that can only make calls or do SMS.) It's highly possible that there's already something wrong with your SIM.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------

ElectronikHeart hasn't checked in the past few days, so I hope you don't mind me butting in.

When you say brick, does it mean that you don't even have recovery mode? If you don't, try to see if you can put CWM. Once successful, you can try to use the A7100 ROM if your original one was a mt6515_c910_ht_en_4.0_v01 rom using the update.zip

I dont have recovery mode, the phone doesnt turn on. I already try to put CWN but it doesnt work. I need nv.bin file for sc6820a for rewrite nand flash.
3rd March 2013, 10:40 PM |#14  
Flag QC
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I dont have recovery mode, the phone doesnt turn on. I already try to put CWN but it doesnt work. I need nv.bin file for sc6820a for rewrite nand flash.

Now we really need the Master
4th March 2013, 07:05 AM |#15  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxphoenix

Dear Spreadtrum Master!

Please, can you help me with this problem:

I have a Star I8160 phone with Spreadtrum 6820 and 256 MB ROM. It seems, that everything is working fine, the ROM and the phone is fast, and cool. But when i try to use the phone as a phone, i talk to the phone, and the others just only hearing pieces of my sentences. Sometimes the phone is very-very silent, i need to shout for the others to hear. I thought, that this is a microphone problem, so i replaced the microphone. But nothing changed. I had 2 phones from this type, and both produces the same fault, so i think maybe the problem will be with the ROM. What do you think, is it possible? If so, can i replace my normal rom, which is DM_BASE_12A_w12.43 (sc6820_modem) 11-02-2012?

Hi,

I had the same problem with one of mine. You just have to use a diagnostic tool from Spreadtrum and adjust the microphone amplification level. I will start a thread on that subject and link it there.
It seems to be a very common problem with Spreadtrum phones, but it is, most of the time, very easy to fix.

edit: here is the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=38731407

WARNING: Don't ever flash if you don't have a working copy of the original firmware somewhere (a complete backup that you have tested your ability to flash back) The first step to do a complete backup, if the manufacturer don't want to send you the firmware, is to successfully root your firmware)
Don't flash if you have a microphone problem, nothing good will happen, this problem is not firmware related AT ALL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ElectronikHeart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElectronikHeart Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 07:17 AM |#16  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

thanks

Oh god ! Why have you checked that option ^^

I may be able to dump my nv.bin file from the a7100 I just bought. (If I recall correctly, the nv.bin contain the imei so I will have to edit it to use your imei instead, imei are written in the battery compartment)

Can you try flashing it a second time entirely, It's possible that your uboot partition (what manage the early time boot operations), is not flashed properly.
Even without the nv partition you phone should be able to boot android, you will just not be able to use the phone as a phone. (make a call and everything)

Try with a better micro usb cable, Chinese ones can be very cheap and corrupt data on the way to the phone.

If your phone is still able to flash using ReasearchDownload that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectronikHeart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElectronikHeart Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 05:16 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Smile Re: 4.5 - Do a full nand backup and help me make you a new CWM recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronikHeart

4.5 - Do a full nand backup and help me make you a new CWM recovery

Please if you have rooted your phone using this method, and can't use the CWM method, that mean I can do a CWM that work on your device !
Now that you are rooted, you can make a full backup of your phone with ADB !

#open adb shell:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
I still have to explain this if someone needs it
Then send me you boot.img file and I will send you a recovery.img that you can flash to your recovery partition.
That will help new users to root a lot faster the same phone as you, and will make your life easier is you have to restore a backup.

>>>

I have also the same kind of chinese android phone, having a model # S930 with the same cpu chipset SP8810 (aka. samsung galaxy s3 clone), i've successfully rooted my chinese android phone, and installed some very usable apps like link2sd & titanium backup pro, i want also to have a full backup of my phone using your methods & ideas, can you help me? where can i find my boot.img so that you can make me my recovery image for my phone? my phone don't have any compatible clockworkmod recovery, but it have a native recovery mode option which work on an update.zip or fastboot....i hope you can help me make my phone recovery image with a rooted features... Thanks!
4th March 2013, 05:30 PM |#18  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by earl22online

where can i find my boot.img so that you can make me my recovery image for my phone?

So, you already have tested every recovery already posted ?

To make a backup of your boot.img, you will have to do a full backup manually using the Android shell. I will make a tutorial about this, and link it here.

It's pretty easy as you already rooted your phone.

When you have your backup I will, post a recovery.img file suitable to your phone.

Please keep an eye to this post. I will post the tutorial very soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectronikHeart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElectronikHeart Ad-Free
4th March 2013, 05:52 PM |#19  

More
Quote:

Oh god ! Why have you checked that option ^^

I may be able to dump my nv.bin file from the a7100 I just bought. (If I recall correctly, the nv.bin contain the imei so I will have to edit it to use your imei instead, imei are written in the battery compartment)

Can you try flashing it a second time entirely, It's possible that your uboot partition (what manage the early time boot operations), is not flashed properly.
Even without the nv partition you phone should be able to boot android, you will just not be able to use the phone as a phone. (make a call and everything)

Try with a better micro usb cable, Chinese ones can be very cheap and corrupt data on the way to the phone.

If your phone is still able to flash using ReasearchDownload that is.

I already try with tree micro usb cables. when i try to flash with researchDownload it failed at nvitem (after FDL2).
can you post a link to your nv.bin to test it ?
4th March 2013, 06:36 PM |#20  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I already try with tree micro usb cables. when i try to flash with researchDownload it failed at nvitem (after FDL2).
can you post a link to your nv.bin to test it ?

I just bought my A7100, so you will need to wait 2 weeks for me to dump it. Maybe you should try asking to the guy who have made the rooted rom for the A7100 ?
I will, none the less, make a full backup of my phone as soon as I receive it.
4th March 2013, 07:02 PM |#21  

More
Quote:

I just bought my A7100, so you will need to wait 2 weeks for me to dump it. Maybe you should try asking to the guy who have made the rooted rom for the A7100 ?
I will, none the less, make a full backup of my phone as soon as I receive it.

Ok, i will wait for it. thanks. I forgot to mention that in win device manager the phone is only detected as sprd us diag (comxx) and sprd com enumerator, also to be detected must connect the phone to pc and remove and insert the batery, while pressing volume -
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)