FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Rooting Every Spreadtrum SC6820/SC8810 phones ! (1.5)

70 posts
Thanks Meter: 164
 
By ElectronikHeart, Member on 25th February 2013, 04:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th March 2013, 07:02 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronikHeart

I just bought my A7100, so you will need to wait 2 weeks for me to dump it. Maybe you should try asking to the guy who have made the rooted rom for the A7100 ?
I will, none the less, make a full backup of my phone as soon as I receive it.

Ok, i will wait for it. thanks. I forgot to mention that in win device manager the phone is only detected as sprd us diag (comxx) and sprd com enumerator, also to be detected must connect the phone to pc and remove and insert the batery, while pressing volume -
5th March 2013, 12:04 AM |#22  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanx
Thank you for the quick reaction. I totally try to forget to replace the Rom yet, i try to find other solutions first. Thanx for the information.

About the problem:
First, the microphone problem: I replaced the microphones, because I thought, (and others said as well,) that it will be a hardware problem. After the chane, there was some improvement with the sound, but the problem was not solved. That's why I think, it will be some ROM or software problem, and that is why I ask for help. When I am using the phone, I can hear the others in the line crystal clear, just they are not able to hear me. I tried the sound recorder, and it works not perfect, but on a good level. I tried Skype, and the result was nearly horrible. During the Skype test call, i was using full sentences, and it lasts for 10 seconds. When I try to listen it back, I just only hear pieces of my sentences, and it lasts for maybe 4-6 seconds instead of 10 sec. Every other things (signal bars, sms, mms, connecting the internet, are working absolutely fine, the phone is absolutely fast.). I suppose it is not a signal and Sim problem.

Tamas


Quote:
Originally Posted by jvrey5

The Master hasn't been in the past few days so I'll try to answer your issue as best I can.

Usually, the phones are designed for a specific region/country. It's possible that your ROM was built for a different one. How sure are you that the ROM which you are replacing it with will work for you? (I assume that you have a backup and you know how to load ROMs) Also, you might want to try editing the build.prop it increase/maximize reception.

To be honest, this is actually a complicated approach. From what you said, it seems that you've made other troubleshooting steps on your own. Since you really did not mention all of them I'm basing my response on what you said.

Let's try to stick to the basics first. Why did you replace the microphone in the first place? If the same issue happens with 2 other phones from this type, I don't think the mic is the problem. Also, does this mean that you can hear them fine, but they have a hard time hearing you? Have you tried using the stock sound recorder on your phone? Is it also choppy? Have you tried using Skype? You don't really have to call anyone, you just need to make a test call.

When using the device as a phone (eg. making calls, sending SMS, MMS, or connecting to the internet using EDGE or 3G), you're actually relying mostly on your carrier/service provider. How many signal bars do you get? The easiest way to test signal related issues would be by using a different SIM or using a different phone. (When you try a different phone, I suggest using a GSM one - the ones that can only make calls or do SMS.) It's highly possible that there's already something wrong with your SIM.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 AM ----------



ElectronikHeart hasn't checked in the past few days, so I hope you don't mind me butting in.

When you say brick, does it mean that you don't even have recovery mode? If you don't, try to see if you can put CWM. Once successful, you can try to use the A7100 ROM if your original one was a mt6515_c910_ht_en_4.0_v01 rom using the update.zip

5th March 2013, 08:03 AM |#23  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxphoenix

First, the microphone problem: I replaced the microphones, because I thought, (and others said as well,) that it will be a hardware problem. After the chane, there was some improvement with the sound, but the problem was not solved. That's why I think, it will be some ROM or software problem, and that is why I ask for help.

It's definitively a software problem, but don't try to flash the rom, the problem is not located here and you will surely end up with a brick.

You should try this method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2175455
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectronikHeart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElectronikHeart Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 02:14 PM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Hi
I'm a fresh android user and this is my first post at this forum, so greetings to everyone ! :P
I'm form Poland and my English can be not good sometimes. I apologise for that :P

Recently I have bought chinese phone called BML Galxay III (its probably Feiteng GT-N9300 on Spreadtrum SC6820)

Device info:

Model number: GT-N9300
Android version: 4.0.3 (fake 2.3.5 i think)
Baseband version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.43 | sc6820_modem | 11-02-2012 17:53:08
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Software version: 6820_2.3.5_C909_hteng_s2_en_V02


Antutu info:

Model: GT-N9300
Vendor: sprd
CPU: SP6820A
CPU model: ARMv7 Processor
CPU freq: 400.0~1000.0 Mhz
Screen: 320x480
GPU vendor: ARM
GPU model: Mali-300
OpenGL: OpenGL ES 2.0
Internal storage: 190.0 MB
RAM: 207,4 MB
Camera: 0.3 Mpix 640x480
Android version: 4.0.3
Comp nr: 6820_2.3.5_C909_hteng_h2_en_V02
Linux version: 2.6.35.7 ([email protected])(gcc version 4.4.3(GCC))#4 Fri Nov 30 16:53:47 CST 2012


Spreadtrum Factory Test (volume + and power button when off):

SpreadTrum Version
Android 4.0.3
sprdroid_base-user 4.0.3 MocorDroid2.3.5 6820_2.3.5_C909_hteng_s2_en_V02 test-keys

Platform Version: MOCOR_880XG_MODEM_W12.43_P1_Debug
Project Version: sc6820_modem
BASE Version: DM_BASE_12A_W12.43
HW Version: sc6820_modem
11-02-2012 17:53:08

I think that's all what we need to know about this device. It seems it's a standard chinese SpreadTrum SC6820a with MocorDroid compilation (i think this is modded mocordroid because of software 6820_2.3.5_C909_hteng_s2_en_V02, or it is some kind of newer software?)
I have spent a few days trying to root it with some common softwares. Then I started to research your topic on this forum. I have tried all of your rooting opitons - Z4Root doesnt work, FastBoot - tried all button combinations - not working, CWM seems to be not installed. Then I have came across of all your Spreadtrum ResearchDownload tool advices. I installed all needed drivers, everything seems to work fine (tried both on WinXP x32, and Win7 x64 - yes! it works on Win7 64-bit too but its not easy to install drivers corectly because they are not certificated under win7 x64, to get them work correct you need to bypass certification process (I can write how to do it if somebody will need it)).

I tried to flash a Recovery with all of your CWM images attached in first post. Here are what i have got:
1. CWM for SC6820 - doesnt flash - ResearchDownload say that there are some problems with size of the recovery image (not match or something like that)
2. CWM for SC8810 - same as above
3. CWM for SC8810 non padded (btw what means non padded?) - flash succesfully! but... when trying to turn on recovery on the phone (volume + and power buttons) the standard SpreadTrum test utilites are shown (how is it possible if researchdownload tells that it flashed recovery partition?)
And so thats all I can get for this moment. You have written:

"Try them all, if none are working, we will have to flash the entire system partition with ResearchDownload, which is a lot more difficult ..."

I'm stuck here. Do you have some more informations? How to do that?
I have found on russian chinese phones forum that few people has exactly the same firmware as I have ( 6820_2.3.5_C909_hteng_s2_en_V02 ) but nothing more about it.
I'm open to do some experiments on my phone that can help you and other Feiteng N9300 users. Just need some more clues.
best regards
Mark
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to markla2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift markla2 Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 03:11 PM |#25  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markla2

3. CWM for SC8810 non padded (btw what means non padded?) - flash succesfully! but... when trying to turn on recovery on the phone (volume + and power buttons) the standard SpreadTrum test utilites are shown

Hi,

Thank you for all your feedbacks !

So what I meant by "Non padded" is that the file was Hex edited so that the end of the file was cropped.

The recovery mode is not the Spreadtrum test utilities. The recovery mode will be at "Volume- + Power" I think, where the old recovery was. It may be at home + power or something else, but it's most of the time at "volume- + power".

You also can issue this in adb if nothing works:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
If CWM is not booting (instant reboot or nothing append), I will do a padded version of the over CWM to test with, and if it's still the same, I will explain how to root the phone by manually flashing a modified system partition.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElectronikHeart For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ElectronikHeart Ad-Free
7th March 2013, 03:37 PM |#26  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Thanks for fast feedback.
I tried volume - and power as you said and...
I have CWM!! (btw why its upside down?
Thanks a lot Master
I'll do a full backup now and post it here if you need that for more research.
OK now i can go further, thanks a lot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronikHeart

Hi,

Thank you for all your feedbacks !

So what I meant be "Non padded" is that the file was Hex edited so to end of the file (where nothing is) is cropped.

The recovery mode is not the Spreadtrum text utilities. Flashing the recovery will be at "Volume- + Power" I think where the old recovery was. It may be at home + power or something else, but it's most of the time at volume- + power".

You also can issue this in adb if nothing works:

Code:
adb reboot recovery
If CWM is not booting (instant reboot or nothing append), I will do a padded version of the over CWM to test with, and if it's still the same, I will explain how to root the phone by manually flashing a modified system partition.

7th March 2013, 03:46 PM |#27  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markla2

I have CWM!! (btw why its upside down?
Thanks a lot Master

So it's upside down because every manufacturer are using different hardware for their phones.
This CWM image was done using an other kernel than the one in your phone, so your hardware is not fully understood by it.
It's not a big problem because CWM just have to use very basic and standard hardware.

I would really appreciate to have a copy of your full backup. You will also have to say what fdl files you used to make ResearchDownload work. This could help.
7th March 2013, 04:20 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I succesfully rooted my phone :P

I used fdl files with C909 folder names (both from set 1 and set 3 worked well) i didnt try others.
only CWM SC8810 Non padded version worked (strange because i have sc6820 chip?)
I will post my flash in few hours. Which files do you need? Do you know the best site to upload my firmware for you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronikHeart

So it's upside down because every manufacturer are using different hardware for their phones.
This CWM image was done using an other kernel than the one in your phone, so your hardware is not fully understood by it.
It's not a big problem because CWM just have to use very basic and standard hardware.

I would really appreciate to have a copy of your full backup. You will also have to say what fdl files you used to make ResearchDownload work. This could help.

7th March 2013, 04:40 PM |#29  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markla2

I succesfully rooted my phone :P

I used fdl files with C909 folder names (both from set 1 and set 3 worked well) i didn't try others.
only CWM SC8810 Non padded version worked (strange because i have sc6820 chip?)
I will post my flash in few hours. Which files do you need? Do you know the best site to upload my firmware for you?

SC6820 and 8810 are pretty much the same. It's not really difficult to see an exact same firmware working on those two processors. the SC6820 is just an SC8810 with the 3G (Chinese 3G) modem truncated.
They uses the exact same Cortex A5 based processor and everything.
In fact the only problem we could have using a wrong CWM with theses kind of processors is with the screen (orientation and resolution) and the hardware keys mapping.

Edit: don't know exactly where you can upload your files but there is http://www.needrom.com
9th March 2013, 07:05 AM |#30  
Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
recovery
hello friends I introduce myself, I'm Spanish caparrut, yesterday I put the rom in this forum
([ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted), and it works perfect, thanks, wanted
* know if you can put the recovery on this phone, if so how and where to get the
* recovery program and thanks.
9th March 2013, 07:26 AM |#31  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 164
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caparrut

hello friends I introduce myself, I'm Spanish caparrut, yesterday I put the rom in this forum
([ROM] Feiteng A7100 - Spreadtrum SC6820 - Rooted), and it works perfect, thanks, wanted
* know if you can put the recovery on this phone, if so how and where to get the
* recovery program and thanks.

Hi,

CWM will probably work, you just have to follow the tutorial. Try the images I uploaded, if none of them works, just do a full backup (I will post on how to do that). And I will extract the Linux Kernel from your boot.img file and make a recovery working with your phone.

I will receive exactly the same phone in the following days, so if you want, you can wait a little and I will try by myself before you do. But it's pretty safe. The only thing you can break, if you read the tutorial carefully, is the useless recovery coming with your phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes