[ROM][8/1/2011] Virtuous Unity v1.31.0 (Beta for Dinc) :: Sense 3.0 based on Pyramid

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:

Screenshots

fusion5.jpg
fusion2.png
fusion3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.35.75.1).

• Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.

• Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.

• Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.

• Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.

• Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.

• Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).

• WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).

• Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices

Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.

Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

Support for the Droid Incredible is in BETA status. Some compromises had to be made to support an older device. This includes disabling of the EBook Reader and using the Sense 2.1 Gallery application. Additionally, the custom kernel for this device is not ready yet, so the OC daemon does not function. Everything else should function normally.

*** SD-EXT PARTITION IS REQUIRED (512MB is fine) ***

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​

Last edited:

rhmclay

Jun 8, 2010
I haven't used a sense rom in a while (since your other Virtuous ROM), have been using CM7 ever since. This has me tempted to give sense another try.

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina
SD-Ext.

Noticed on virtuousroms that Ext4 journaling is used. Didn't see a way to upgrade the SD partition to 4 in CMR3.0.08. Will the default work? Also any recommendation on the partition size and do we need to specify a swap file? I am figuring with a 378MB file Dinc will need some help, lotsa help :)

spence341

Aug 16, 2010
Milford
Been waiting for this. Thanks for not forgetting about us old Inc users.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

mcfarlan

Oct 10, 2007
North Carolina
Only major issue so far has been weather force-closing so unable to change settings to Farenheit. After it settles for a bit the initial sluggishness improved. Very nice Rom...thank you

nfiniti9

Aug 29, 2010
Noticed on virtuousroms that Ext4 journaling is used. Didn't see a way to upgrade the SD partition to 4 in CMR3.0.08. Will the default work? Also any recommendation on the partition size and do we need to specify a swap file? I am figuring with a 378MB file Dinc will need some help, lotsa help :)

Take a look inside the rom. It actually has the setup for every phone inside it. So i'd imagine the final rom is around 260-270 for our phone. It also has some ebooks inside and a pretty large theme.

Triumph23

Mar 26, 2009
Is there any instructions for the sd-ext part? I've never done that.

Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
Would you guys prefer using /data rather than /sd-ext? It's a fairly easy change. It'll mean less room for Market applications but makes it easier on most people also.

We may also be able to detect whether sd-ext is available and use it if it is, otherwise fall back to data.

jdog94

Mar 3, 2010
Would you guys prefer using /data rather than /sd-ext? It's a fairly easy change. It'll mean less room for Market applications but makes it easier on most people also.

We may also be able to detect whether sd-ext is available and use it if it is, otherwise fall back to data.

i would say either
with complete instructions

is this why i can only get to the white htc screen????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

Virtuous Unity is the first custom Sense 3.0 ROM, scaled for WVGA screens, to be based on an official shipping release from HTC (1.35.75.1).
    The entire ROM is brand new, taking no application or framework components from any prior Sense 3 releases.

Unity is the result of a collaborative, team effort by the following developers:

Screenshots

fusion5.jpg
    fusion2.png
    fusion3.png

Features

• Based on the official Sensation shipping ROM (1.35.75.1).

• Ported for full functionality on each supported devices. Additional device support is being added regularly.

• Resized for WVGA (800x480) displays, using a purpose built tool to modify HTC's proprietary m10 binaries, developed by Flemmard and Diamondback.

• Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.

• Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.

• Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1.2Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.

• Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).

• WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).

• Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.

• Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.

• Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.

Supported Devices

Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Unity, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.

• You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.

Bugs and Errors

To ease the process of reporting bugs to the team, we made a public bugtracker where you can report the bugs you found. Please make sure you read all the existing entries there to avoid doubling the errors.

The bugtracker is located here.

Device specific information

Support for the Droid Incredible is in BETA status. Some compromises had to be made to support an older device. This includes disabling of the EBook Reader and using the Sense 2.1 Gallery application. Additionally, the custom kernel for this device is not ready yet, so the OC daemon does not function. Everything else should function normally.

*** SD-EXT PARTITION IS REQUIRED (512MB is fine) ***

(Official Website of Virtuous ROM)​
    Could you guys explain how to do the SD-EXT.. Im already giving up on this rom cuz I can get it to install...?? Thanks

Clockworkmod recovery lets you partition your SD. Backup SD because it will wipe everything.
    Reserved for future use.
    Also reserved for future use.

WAY back when IncredibleDoes ported the Desire Z for the Inc., an sd-ext partition was required. At that time CWM, while had a Partition option, it did not work and people had to use the Amon_RA recovery instead of CWM to partition.

In discussing the partition size with rmk40 via Twitter, he stated that it should be 1024MB (1GB). Here's the link to the Amon_RA recovery thread. You'll need to backup your sdcard and in the past there was a several step formatting process going from ext3 (I think it was) to ext4. This was, as I said, a long time ago and CWM may work now, likewise, the Amon_RA recovery steps may be easier (not that they were really hard to begin with, just don't stop until it's ext4). The longest part for me is backing up a 2/3 full 32GB sdcard... Very slow in both directions (over an hour each way).

Hope this helps.

X

Edit: Should be a 1GB partition not 1MB - typo.