By dennisxl, Senior Member on 19th January 2012, 12:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2012, 05:30 AM |#991  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
on evo 3d,running andriod 4.0.3
can i flash this
it says apk and its a zip
is there a way to just flash/install apk(no adb pushing stuff)

5th March 2012, 05:31 AM |#992  
Thanks Meter: 351

More
Just copy apk to /system/app and set permissions. Or install normally and long press in titanium, it can do this as well.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
5th March 2012, 05:32 AM |#993  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Is it possible to remove the shadow below the notification bar? I have went to a transparent notification bar and the shadow looks out of place. Since xda has search currently disabled I could not check if this has been mentioned in this thread yet

Also great launcher I may of only had it installed for a few minutes but it is nice to have a ICS based launcher with a vertical app drawer.
5th March 2012, 06:03 AM |#994  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imail724

Apex mysteriously force closed before and when I went back to it my dock icons all shrunk. Anyone else have this happen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Anyone? Running gummy 8.1

5th March 2012, 06:07 AM |#995  
Thanks Meter: 5

More

5th March 2012, 06:53 AM |#996  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 25

More
multipicture live wallpaper doesn't work well with portrait mode but working great in landscape mode... please fix... it's really nice..thanks!
5th March 2012, 06:55 AM |#997  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33L4nc3r

It was an update from 0.5 to 0.6, but it seems not related.
Following your comment, I cleared cache / data / uninstalled / put as system app (0.6) / reboot / choose apex as default and make another attempt :

Desktop Visualizer Widget ________________________________ Agenda Widget

On the first image, I created the central widget (2*2 on a 4*4 grid size) and was able to add 3 overlapping widgets, as if the [3,3] block only was "used".
I was able to to something similar with another widget (Agenda Widget)
Ok, thanks for acknowledging this. I had an issue related to it when using 7 icons / folder in dock. The 4th icon was the app drawer, and wherever I touched it, it was either the folder on the left or right poping up, instead of showing the app drawer

Have you tried other widgets? Does the overlap also happen to other widgets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstre

Could you add support to allow the overlap of widgets? Thanks, the launcher is great so far.

May consider this in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10507

Can we have editable Folder background?

Thank for this wonderful launcher.

Planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezz_X

0.7 has some bad refresh stuff going on in the app draw with transperant background and vertical scrolling

Should be fixed in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aca_demik

I can`t open drawer. Apex crash.

Logcat output?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonn

Version 0.7 doesn't work on the my Xoom. Installed it and experienced the following issues:

- the set grid size was overwritten
- long press on the home screen didn't work so not possible to access the apps drawer
- not possible to restore a backup of Apex settings

Luckily I had a Nandroid backup with Apex 0.6 to restore.

Please do a clean install and manually re-configure the settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browngeek

Firstly, just want to say, am really loving Apex Launcher. I use it now on both my SG2 and my TF-101. Love the customisations and am still trying to figure out how to do various stuff.

Do have one small bug. Just recently upgraded to 0.7 beta on my TF-101 and the app drawer looks a bit weird (and it keeps on changing). As you can see from the attached, it seems that some apps are "overhanging" (don't exactly know that the technical term is).

Expect a fix in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelig

Thank you Dennis, for the vertical app scrolling.

My phone feels slick to use again, not like a crappy piece of fruit.

One suggestion:

I am using Vertical Continuous. It makes sense that once I have reached the end of my apps list that it stops scrolling. It should stay like that.

However, if I am at the bottom of the list and swipe up again, rather than just flashing the indicator at the bottom of the page, I would like it to start scrolling the apps again - sort of like infinite scrolling, ie the top of my apps list scrolls up from the below the end of my app list. My apps would scroll up until I reach the end of my app list again and then it would stop until the next swipe.

If I am at the top of my app list and swipe down, then the end of my app list should appear at the top and start scrolling down until we are back to the top of my app list again when it should stop.

Should work the same at either the top or bottom of the app list.

Are you suggesting infinite scrolling in continuous mode? Not sure if that's possible. Have you seen that in any other apps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by browngeek

Please see the above image. You will see that the widget is going over the app shortcut. Seems only to happen with Google apps and their Widgets.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Did you update from an earlier version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonoathome

Great launcher..

Bugs in v7..

In the app drawer whole screen is bleeding at the sides with previous and next page of apps or widgets with horizontal.

Vertical scrolling offsets app/ widget list to the left in the app draw..

Using Motorola Zoom in landscape mode..

Will be fixed in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk

Since 0.6, this great launcher dropped swipe action in drawer ( ) while adding other features, such as double touch on homescreens.

Gestures are supposed to work on the desktop only in the first place. Also, allowing gestures in the drawer may have conflicts with vertical scrolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milamber33

I love the vertical scroll options in 0.7, but I noticed something odd.

If you have Vertical Continuous selected, the apps section works fine, but the Widgets section shows up as Vertical Paginated. Is this a bug, or is it deliberate? If so, why?

Sent from The Past into The Future via The Present.

I don't know if you noticed, the option reads "Vertical continuous (apps)". This is intentional for performance reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej1976

1st off. Excellent launcher.

Congrats, each release seems to tick off each feature that I currently think damn this would be made so much better if only it'd do xxx thing. then it does

Just to visually point out my problem I'll post a screen shot

Now the top widget is Weatherbug Elite widget. this is in it's normal 1 row setting which as you can see misses out half of the temperature text. If I resize the widget to two rows as per the second widget on the screen then you can read the temperature fully. Now I understand that devs need to rewrite their widgets maybe to fully support Android 4. However I think the next widget is an inbuilt (with maps or navigation) which I would hope fully support ICS.as you can see the lefthand widget displays no "label" if I extend the widget to fill 2 rows then it displays correctly.

Also if I leave the amount of rows and columns to their default settings they work fine. So I guess it's something to do with my 6x5 screen setup.

Hope this makes sense. I appreciate all your (and your teams) efforts in improving the stock launcher and look forward to future releases.

Many Thanks

Will

It is not an ICS issue. Under your desktop setting (6 rows), the grid is smaller than usual, so there's not enough space for the widgets. The fix is simply either increase the number of rows or resize the widgets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure465

I still have a problem with all dock icons getting duplicated. It first happened on 0.5 i think. It really slows down the launcher.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Please perform a clean install of the latest version and do not restore any backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasmatt25

I'm running 7 on CM9 Photon. When I set the scrolling speed Max for home screen and drawer all I well. Then when I launch a game or an app and to back to homescreen the speed is back to normal.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

This bug will be fixed in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunswick

Same issues on Transformer running 4.0.3 ICS.

Long press on home screen does not work anymore.

All my icons are gone from the home screen.

It is very unresponsive - i have restarted and force closed the app (i upgraded from v 0.6 FYI).

Cannot open apex setting at all.

Can you perform a clean install of the latest version?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dennisxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dennisxl Ad-Free
5th March 2012, 07:13 AM |#998  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hi dennis... how about the multipicture live wallpaper? in portrait mode it doesn't work well..but in landscape mode... it is okay... tried with go launcher and everything is fine from portrait to landscape...

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

multipicture live wallpaper works well in landscape mode but in portrait mode 2 screen swipes are needed to complete the background transition
5th March 2012, 09:55 AM |#999  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 579

Donate to Me
More
Whene come the fix version? Where can download older Version?
5th March 2012, 10:25 AM |#1000  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
hey very very nice launcher, would pay for it!

but i have a problem, i'm using custom dock icons and when i reboot they somehow are very small.

anyway, keep on this nice work!!

btw: it would be nice to set the number of icons in a row in the app drawer
5th March 2012, 11:16 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Cool Request for Features
Hello Dennis, absolutely love your launcher -- currently running it on my SGS2 and TF101.

Have had 1 or 2 of the minor niggles listed in the thread, but nothing of note.

I have a request for 2 features:

1: Multiple save files with the option to rename, so that I can try out various combinations of settings without manually going through all the options again, with the ability to restore, of course. ;)

2: The ability to create and rename custom categories inside the app drawer -- iE: utilities, GPS, etc etc.

So far very impressed with the way the Launcher is evolving and the fact that you actually listen/talk to people.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apex, apex-launcher, ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, kitkat, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)