Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

6th March 2012, 02:48 AM |#1022  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It is really faster then Nova.
6th March 2012, 03:18 AM |#1023  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Did a quick search through this thread and couldn't find a definite answer. I know folder icons can not be customized but does anyone know if this feature will be implemented in the future?

Also, I realize that you can't add widgets from the app drawer like the stock launcher unless you install it as a system app but will it be possible in the future to have it updated to get around this?

Nova launcher can edit folder icons and you can also add widgets without having to install it as a system app. INITIALLY it was the same as apex where it had to be installed as a system app but through one of their updates they figured out a way to add widgets through the app drawer without installing as a system app.

There has to be a way.
6th March 2012, 03:53 AM |#1024  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 312

More
The way is to request root permissions. That's how Nova does it. One way or another, the launcher needs certain elevated permissions, either as a system app or through root permissions.

Sent from The Past into The Future via The Present.
6th March 2012, 05:01 AM |#1025  
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Lovely launcher!

Any chance of dock icon size choices? I'm rocking two pages, seven icons per, and the icons nearly overlap each other, even across page borders.

Continuous, infinite scrolling dock like Zeam would be awesome++.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
6th March 2012, 05:07 AM |#1026  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
I have to say that I'm thoroughly impressed with this launcher so far. I was forced to switch from Nova Launcher after dealing with consistent OG Droid like launcher redraws after being in any app for more than a few mins. It was very annoying and uncalled for on a flagship device like the Galaxy Nexus that has more than enough resources to keep the launcher in memory while running anything else in the foreground.

But this is even an improvement in the features category. More options in overall and still retain all the functionality of Nova launcher.
6th March 2012, 06:00 AM |#1027  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
New convert from Nova. Looks good, but one issue that I didn't find in a thread search: I specified my up gesture as the people app, but it always opens the phone app. When I go look at the specified gesture again, both people and phone are selected, even though you are only supposed to be able to select one. Tried to clear and re-select, but it always selects both.
6th March 2012, 08:11 AM |#1028  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
this is really nice. i especially like that the grid is customizable per orientation. it runs amazing in CM9 on the Atrix.

the one feature request i'd make is customizable icon size. ADW EX has it, and it works.. decently. using desktop visualizer is too slow. i really don't like to keep widgets on my launcher at all. especially not ones that are purely aesthetic =)
6th March 2012, 08:33 AM |#1029  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milamber33

The way is to request root permissions. That's how Nova does it. One way or another, the launcher needs certain elevated permissions, either as a system app or through root permissions.

Sent from The Past into The Future via The Present.

I'm rooted but would rather not install it as a system app since updating to 4.0.4 caused problems because nova was installed as a system app. Wouldn't want an update from google to cause problems with my phone if I installed apex as a system app. I am rooted though, wouldn't mind giving it root access at all. Hopefully this and the folder icons being able to be customized are addressed in the near future!
6th March 2012, 09:05 AM |#1030  
Flag GMT-5
Thanks Meter: 516

More
Coming out of the app drawer I had a freeze up that looked like the attached picture (homescreens shrunk, partially showing 3 different screens at once). I held back button down to kill the launcher, and it remained looking this way until I opened and closed the app drawer.

Also, i always get a force close when first setting up the launcher and trying to remove the browser icon from the dock.

Other than that this is hands down the smoothest, fastest and most consistently high performing ICS-based launcher around - Trebuchet and Nova ain't got nothin' on Apex! Looking forward to stability updates

Galaxy Nexus GSM 4.0.3
AOKP B27 ROM
Apex v0.7 installed in /system/app

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1331021125540.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	933859  
6th March 2012, 09:18 AM |#1031  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,724

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenjason89

Hi dennis... how about the multipicture live wallpaper? in portrait mode it doesn't work well..but in landscape mode... it is okay... tried with go launcher and everything is fine from portrait to landscape...

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

multipicture live wallpaper works well in landscape mode but in portrait mode 2 screen swipes are needed to complete the background transition

Never used multipicture live wallpaper before. Will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floomat

hey very very nice launcher, would pay for it!

but i have a problem, i'm using custom dock icons and when i reboot they somehow are very small.

anyway, keep on this nice work!!

btw: it would be nice to set the number of icons in a row in the app drawer

I'll fix it in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot

Hello Dennis, absolutely love your launcher -- currently running it on my SGS2 and TF101.

Have had 1 or 2 of the minor niggles listed in the thread, but nothing of note.

I have a request for 2 features:

1: Multiple save files with the option to rename, so that I can try out various combinations of settings without manually going through all the options again, with the ability to restore, of course. ;)

2: The ability to create and rename custom categories inside the app drawer -- iE: utilities, GPS, etc etc.

So far very impressed with the way the Launcher is evolving and the fact that you actually listen/talk to people.

More drawer customization options will be added in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohrab1985

Great launcher. Works Perfect on my Galaxy Tab.
There is just one thing I want to mention. Since version 0.6 something changed
with homescreens grid size. Take a look at these pictures. Their both gird size
are set on 7*9, but as you can see they look different. It looked much better on
0.5 in my opinion. Is there something that can be done about it?
BTW, good job, keep it up.

Expect a fix in the next version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33L4nc3r

It seems so : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=961
I also tested with another 2*2 widget on central position :

Widgets used :
- Desktop Visualizer
- Agenda Widget
- Beautiful Widget

Could you try again with only stock widgets (e.g., Bookmarks, Gmail, Youtube)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjee

Hi,
Your launcher is IMO the best one on ICS. I love the swipe actions but I find them a tad too sensitive: when scrolling a widget (eg. Gmail) it triggers the swipe action too often. Is it possible to make the sensitivity configurable? Or simply to decrease it a bit?

Thanks again.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Will look into this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guilhermedsx

Thanks for developing such a great launcher for ICS!
I was wondering if you will implement the same kind of install that Nova Launcher implemented some time ago, where you can install as a normal app, but it will ask you for su permissions and then work like a system app (widgets on the drawer and everything), that would make updating much easier, wouldn't it?

As long as you initially install Apex as system app, all updates can be installed as regular apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWhy

When I first installed ICS on my Desire, I chose Nova Launcher because it allowed to have folders with more than 16 icons (which Apex didn't at that time). Now that Apex does it, I'd like to switch to Apex but I don't want to lose aforementioned folders that I created on Nova. Is there any way to import them from Nova / import a Nova backup into Apex? Or maybe such a feature could be conceived for Nova and other launchers, allowing people to easier switch to Apex?

TIA
SoWhy

Not sure if this is possible. Will look into this later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by importtuner

Did a quick search through this thread and couldn't find a definite answer. I know folder icons can not be customized but does anyone know if this feature will be implemented in the future?

Also, I realize that you can't add widgets from the app drawer like the stock launcher unless you install it as a system app but will it be possible in the future to have it updated to get around this?

Nova launcher can edit folder icons and you can also add widgets without having to install it as a system app. INITIALLY it was the same as apex where it had to be installed as a system app but through one of their updates they figured out a way to add widgets through the app drawer without installing as a system app.

There has to be a way.

Folder customizations are coming in future versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLZ

New convert from Nova. Looks good, but one issue that I didn't find in a thread search: I specified my up gesture as the people app, but it always opens the phone app. When I go look at the specified gesture again, both people and phone are selected, even though you are only supposed to be able to select one. Tried to clear and re-select, but it always selects both.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Actually, People and Phone are different activities in the same app. I'll fix the bug in the next version.
The Following User Says Thank You to dennisxl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dennisxl Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apex, apex-launcher, ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, kitkat, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)