Thanks Meter: 2,724

By dennisxl, Senior Member on 19th January 2012, 12:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th March 2012, 04:37 PM |#1101  
Thanks Meter: 936

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact7

Moved the apk to system/app with RootExplorer and installed it after. But everytime I want to add a widget from the launcher, it says, I have to move it to system/app (root required)
I installed it now 2 times and rebootet my device 4 times.
My phone is running CM9 and I don´t know where the mistake is, because Nova Launcher were no problem...

You only have to move to /system/app, do not install the apk, just move it...
The Following User Says Thank You to vlt96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vlt96 Ad-Free

7th March 2012, 04:46 PM |#1102  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 527

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlt96

You only have to move to /system/app, do not install the apk, just move it...

I deinstalled the app and kicked it from system/app.
Then I restarted my device and moved it to system/app and did NOT installed it in any way, but now I can´t use it.
Slowly I think I´m an idiot...
7th March 2012, 04:46 PM |#1103  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Check the permissions. It must be world-readable.
The Following User Says Thank You to KBanause For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KBanause Ad-Free
7th March 2012, 04:53 PM |#1104  
Flag Munich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBanause

Check the permissions. It must be world-readable.

If you mean the superuser permissions, it don´t get any... don´t know why and the app doesn´t demand for permission.
7th March 2012, 04:56 PM |#1105  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
No, I mean the file system permissions. If you have moved the file to /system/app it might not be readable by the system depending on which app you have used.
The Following User Says Thank You to KBanause For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KBanause Ad-Free
7th March 2012, 04:58 PM |#1106  
Flag Venice
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic

I just updated to the newest version, a clean install with none of the previous versions leftovers and I'm still seeing icons doubling or tripling (sometimes creating as many as seven copies of themselves) on the dock.

The problem persists unless the app crashes (which it usually does in this case) or I force close it manually.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

I'm getting this as well.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium
7th March 2012, 05:51 PM |#1107  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 147

More
AOKP build 26, Icy Glitch v14b5, Apex V0.8: I have one app in my dock that multiplies (I noticed a black outline and the icon) and when I try to remove the duplicates, Apex crashes. The black outline is the only indication it's happening that I've noticed, and it is only happening to one app. Also, after Apex redraws after the crash, the app in question is gone completely and needs to be replaced in the dock, only to begin multiplying again once the screen is turned off and back on.

Otherwise, awesome launcher, thanks!

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.
7th March 2012, 06:16 PM |#1108  
Flag Munich

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBanause

No, I mean the file system permissions. If you have moved the file to /system/app it might not be readable by the system depending on which app you have used.

Permissions and a direct reboot were the problem.
So thanks everyone.
7th March 2012, 07:32 PM |#1109  
Thanks Meter: 920

Donate to Me
More
Hi,
your launcher is awesome like fancy widgets.
Could you add an option to change the dock background like on other launchers? i think is an important feature.
thanks and keep the good work.
7th March 2012, 08:15 PM |#1110  
Flag Midlothian, Va
Thanks Meter: 39

More
The apps in my folders keep getting rearranged. If I open a folder, arrange the apps, then close the folder and flip phone to landscape they get sorted differently. Then when I flip back to normal they get sorted again differently. Appears to be somewhat random however I am able to reproduce this fairly consistently. Is anyone else seeing this behavior or can reproduce?
7th March 2012, 08:47 PM |#1111  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
One bug:

Icons in dock bar are sometimes duplicating above each other. Result is bad look of them, and posibility to move them correctly...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apex, apex-launcher, ice cream sandwich, jelly bean, kitkat, launcher

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)