OTA update to 4.3 with rooted Verizon HTC One on 4.2.2?

Search This thread

ian99rt

May 30, 2013
I just did a bit of searching and did not find an answer to my question.

I got my Verizon HTC One brand new yesterday making sure it was on 4.2.2 software and rooted it just this morning with the rumrunner.

Everything went smoothly and have confirmed S-off, unlocked bootloader, and root access.

The phone is constantly trying to do the OTA 4.3 update and I would like to run a 4.3 stock rom while keeping root. Is this possible?

Reactions: gryghst72

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Santod has an ota killer in his rom/radio thread. Flashing it in recovery should prevent the ota message.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

woznet

Jan 23, 2011
DC
If you are s-off, I would suggest getting to 4.3 by using this rom - ★ ☆ [ROM/RADIO/KERNEL] Stock 2.10.605.1 | Rooted | Deodex/Odex | Debloat/Full | UPDATED 01-18-14 | ☆ ★ - this is the stock 4.3 rom, you can get the deodexed and debloated 2.10.605.1 rom, it is the first rom listed in the first post. You will also want to download and install the 2.10.605.1 firmware to go with the rom, be sure to follow the instructions for the firmware update, you do not flash the firmware with the recovery or any app like Flashify, you must use fastboot in the bootloader.

If you are s-off but have not installed a custom recovery, let me know and I can help you with that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just did a bit of searching and did not find an answer to my question.

I got my Verizon HTC One brand new yesterday making sure it was on 4.2.2 software and rooted it just this morning with the rumrunner.

Everything went smoothly and have confirmed S-off, unlocked bootloader, and root access.

The phone is constantly trying to do the OTA 4.3 update and I would like to run a 4.3 stock rom while keeping root. Is this possible?