FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader

488 posts
Thanks Meter: 243

Post Reply Email Thread
31st July 2014, 04:03 PM |#131  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCap79

Okay so nevermind what I just said...I've lost track of what ROM I'm on bc I've been flashing so much.

So I'm still on the 4.3 update from this thread. I flashed the CF Auto-Root thru Odin, but still says that I don't have root access. I'm still on stock recovery, so how do I wipe the dalvik-cache? I usually do it through CWM, but I can't install CWM bc it says my phone isn't rooted

Sorry I meant data wipe/factory reset and not dalvik-cache. Data wipe is recommended when you switch major ROM versions like 4.1.x to 4.3 or 4.4.x but you loose all your data and settings. You can flash TWRP via ODIN and then try flashing CF autoroot from TWRP.

31st July 2014, 06:45 PM |#132  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

Sorry I meant data wipe/factory reset and not dalvik-cache. Data wipe is recommended when you switch major ROM versions like 4.1.x to 4.3 or 4.4.x but you loose all your data and settings. You can flash TWRP via ODIN and then try flashing CF autoroot from TWRP.

Great...thanks so much for your help. Looks like it's fixed now. Last question though (I swear) when I'm in CWM recovery and I select "Reboot System," I get a warning before it reboots that says root access may have been lost, do you want to fix it...should I choose yes or no?
1st August 2014, 07:25 AM |#133  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCap79

Great...thanks so much for your help. Looks like it's fixed now. Last question though (I swear) when I'm in CWM recovery and I select "Reboot System," I get a warning before it reboots that says root access may have been lost, do you want to fix it...should I choose yes or no?

Yes, CWM and TWRP both check permissions on SuperSu app and su binary and prompt/warn if any of the permission is missing. You can select "Yes".
5th August 2014, 02:16 PM |#134  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Is the Samsung music player zip flash able Or do I have to manually install it.
6th August 2014, 07:21 PM |#135  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meoshe

Is the Samsung music player zip flash able Or do I have to manually install it.

Sorry, it's missing in the zip, you will have to manually install it.
9th August 2014, 07:44 AM |#136  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I just picked up a Note II with stock 4.3 ....

First post says not to flash using odin if I'm already on stock 4.3 but use zip file instead ...

Second post says I will lose wifi if I flash the zip file and to use odin instead ...

I'm confused. Do I flash the zip file and THEN reflash with odin?
9th August 2014, 09:00 PM |#137  
OP Senior Member

More
If your phone is already on 4.3 then it should not loose wifi.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app
12th August 2014, 06:08 PM |#138  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
My phone has been working great for a few weeks, but within the past 2 days I have been getting random reboots and several FCs. I also just realized today that I somehow lost root. I haven't changed anything recently.
19th August 2014, 06:11 PM |#139  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i need some help. i just flashed the Flashable zip from post #2. everything is working great in my note 2, but i cant find the samsung music player.. it would be great if somebody just upload the file to flash the samsung music player and tell me how to do it. thank you.
20th August 2014, 12:55 AM |#140  
Flag Lubbock, TX
Thanks Meter: 118

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelrfq

i need some help. i just flashed the Flashable zip from post #2. everything is working great in my note 2, but i cant find the samsung music player.. it would be great if somebody just upload the file to flash the samsung music player and tell me how to do it. thank you.

Please read 4 posts above yours. Question already asked. Just a little reading could have saved you some time.
21st August 2014, 03:00 AM |#141  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
I think i messed up my phone bad with this rom...

I flashed the .zip on my Wind mobile t889v phone and everything was fine. Previously I had Jedi Master X rom which is android 4.3 and also had a 4.3 boot loader.
Only issued I notice after flashing this rom was that the Samsung music app stopped working.

I performed a nand recovery in cwm and everything was fine accept that I no longer could connect to the Wind 'home zone' network. I could only connect to roaming on Rogers's network.

I tried recovery again but my phone no longer connects to any network. IMEI is 'null' and baseband is 'unknown'.

Any idea on how to fix or have I just created a new Ipod?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3 sgh-t889 stock rooted. knox-free

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)