[Q] Rom Manager Backup Rebooting to Laying Down Android

Search This thread

Tyberius777

Feb 11, 2014
Okay so here are the steps I've done so far.

1. My phone is rooted and verified rooted with Root Checker Basic and have Super Su installed to grant super user privileges and Rom Manager is listed as being granted super user.

2. I've installed Rom Manager

3. I've selected Recovery Setup, Install Or Update Recovery for ClockworkMod Recovery, and selected LG G2 vs980 Verizon.

4. It asks me if I want to flash the "touch" version but I leave No selected and proceed to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.

5. After it downloads (I paid the 1.99 to download it instead of manually doing it to support the devs) and flashes it says "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!".

6. It then asks me if I want to upgrade to touch recovery which I decline.

7. I then go to "Backup Current Rom" and then click okay for the backup name.

8. The phone then reboots, shows the lg logo, then stops at an android laying down with an exlamation mark coming out of his chest.

9. If I just let it sit there without rebooting it will auto reboot after a minute or so. after the phone reboots and I check the clockworkmod folder there is no backup file (of course because it never happened)

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong? Do I need to buy the touch version for this to work or is there a painless free way to do this that I'm not aware of?

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
Rom manager is the problem. It doesnt work on this phone. Use flashify or freegee to install recovery. Personally see no need for rom manager ?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Tyberius777

Feb 11, 2014
Rom manager is the problem. It doesnt work on this phone. Use flashify or freegee to install recovery. Personally see no need for rom manager ?

Ah I see, okay so I went ahead and installed Freegee for $1. On the orange and green screen it has the options to "Backup EFS", "Restore EFS", "Restore all backups", "CWM 6.0.4.6", "CWM 6.0.4.7", and "TWRP 2.6.3.3".

Is "Backup EFS" the same option that ROM Manager had to "Backup a complete image of my phone"?
If so does it just save one simple file that can be used to restore the phone should I mess it up while messing with the phone?

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
Ah I see, okay so I went ahead and installed Freegee for $1. On the orange and green screen it has the options to "Backup EFS", "Restore EFS", "Restore all backups", "CWM 6.0.4.6", "CWM 6.0.4.7", and "TWRP 2.6.3.3".

Is "Backup EFS" the same option that ROM Manager had to "Backup a complete image of my phone"?
If so does it just save one simple file that can be used to restore the phone should I mess it up while messing with the phone?

backup efs doesnt back up the image of your phone. this is drive partition info needed in case you corrupt a partition. it will save an efs zip file that can be used in recovery.

Last edited:

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
Efs is a file of important data about your phone, similar to bios on a computer.

To back up you're rom and data you boot into recovery and use the backup option inside the recovery

aronline

Oct 2, 2015
I also install ROM Manager for my D802 and I also tried to Back up the ROM. Then after reboot display not working. Only showing some white and blue lines on black background. Please help to solve this.