FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

nothing but problems after kitkat update

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By mikeinaus, Member on 13th April 2014, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I got my phone on eBay a few months ago with a broken SIM slot. Got that fixed and I've had no complaints with it until the kit Kat update. Download the ota opdate, then accidentally did a factory reset when attempting to load boot loader so should be a more or less clean install.

Off the top of my head my problems are:
Double tap doesn't work ever
Can't click install in playstore
GPS is useless
Copy and paste only works 1/2 the time
Can't paste number into text messages
Auto focus on videos is extremely slow
Trouble clicking into areas to bring up the keyboard occasionally
People complain my voice is quiet in phone calls
In general it's also sluggish
Battery life isn't horrible, but not as good as before.

Also my phone is an unbranded canadian version with no bloatware, or carrier programs installed. Supposedly the guy I bought it off of won it in a contest from lg or something along those lines. If I was to install a custom Rom would anyone have any idea which ones I can install without bricking my phone?

13th April 2014, 06:57 PM |#2  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 83

More
I only have a couple of your issues after the kit Kat update. The GPS never working and I don't think the battery life is as good either. Being a Canadian G2. Its a d803. I would recommend only using roms that support our d803 variant.

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th April 2014, 07:22 PM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Rutland UK
Thanks Meter: 3,993

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinaus

I got my phone on eBay a few months ago with a broken SIM slot. Got that fixed and I've had no complaints with it until the kit Kat update. Download the ota opdate, then accidentally did a factory reset when attempting to load boot loader so should be a more or less clean install.

Off the top of my head my problems are:
Double tap doesn't work ever
Can't click install in playstore
GPS is useless
Copy and paste only works 1/2 the time
Can't paste number into text messages
Auto focus on videos is extremely slow
Trouble clicking into areas to bring up the keyboard occasionally
People complain my voice is quiet in phone calls
In general it's also sluggish
Battery life isn't horrible, but not as good as before.

Also my phone is an unbranded canadian version with no bloatware, or carrier programs installed. Supposedly the guy I bought it off of won it in a contest from lg or something along those lines. If I was to install a custom Rom would anyone have any idea which ones I can install without bricking my phone?

Suggest you do a FULL wipe (SD Card included) and flash kdz/tot.

None of the above is typical... > 1000 folk have downloaded my 80B and 80C KK versions (albeit d802) and nothing like this has been reported... for what it's worth!

OTA, in my experience, is a poor flash/update medium.
13th April 2014, 07:27 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1741

I only have a couple of your issues after the kit Kat update. The GPS never working and I don't think the battery life is as good either. Being a Canadian G2. Its a d803. I would recommend only using roms that support our d803 variant.

Sent from my LG-D803 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I see a lot of Roms or files like kernels and stuff being vendor specific. Was meaning more along those lines. Or should any d803 files work?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)