[ROM][GT-P7500] CM9 KANG (ICS Preview) (03/25/2012)

Search This thread

m_gl

Nov 28, 2009
It didn't solve the problem, today I had a reboot-bootloop again :(
Could it be that the tab become unstable if it runs for a long time (>3 days) without a restart and wifi always on? The last time I did a restart was 04/28 after flashing 0427 rom and kernel since that moment the tab was running with wifi always on and today I had a reboot-bootloop again :(
I have the reboot-bootloop problem since the mac problem was solved. 0325 was running great.

Same here after 4 days. Never had this with builds before the "mac problem".

FrankNS

Mar 4, 2011
Same here! Running 20120427 for few days. But then tab freeze while browsing with opera. Reset the tab but they don't boot. Only loop. CWM don't let me do anything! CWM freezes all the time on a selection (latest from pershoot). ODIN back to Stock 3.2 and then wiped all and reinstall everything ROM+CWM+Kernel!

Hope it never happens again!

Spend few hours to reinstall everything! :(

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Same here! Running 20120427 for few days. But then tab freeze while browsing with opera. Reset the tab but they don't boot. Only loop. CWM don't let me do anything! CWM freezes all the time on a selection (latest from pershoot). ODIN back to Stock 3.2 and then wiped all and reinstall everything ROM+CWM+Kernel!

Hope it never happens again!

Spend few hours to reinstall everything! :(

there you go. 'CWM freezes all the time'. that's corruption right there, and that runs off another partition.

do you know how many times my tab has corrupted itself when running samsung's honeycomb? i remember at one point i'd install, reboot and boom. at one point id just get black screens.

i still have yet to see any logs from anyone regarding this bootloop situation which ive seen happen to about 3 or 4 users (out of probably thousands).

my tab has been running all week with wifi on (either connected or not as ive been shuffling some HW around). every time ive woken it up, i see no issue at all. so maybe 65+ hours of uptime at this point.

it happens on this tab. very rare on cm9 though, but should not be discounted. if you see lots of errors on the nand in the logs, and it not being able to repair, that's a sure sign.

logs are your lifeline for any issue you encounter. without that, no issue has a chance to be rectified.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Flash 0503 kernel, and you shouldnt have issue.

If you use touchscreentune, uninstall it, and notify the developer to increase delay on wake up, etc.

Clouseau219

Jan 13, 2010
there you go. 'CWM freezes all the time'. that's corruption right there, and that runs off another partition.

do you know how many times my tab has corrupted itself when running samsung's honeycomb? i remember at one point i'd install, reboot and boom. at one point id just get black screens.

i still have yet to see any logs from anyone regarding this bootloop situation which ive seen happen to about 3 or 4 users (out of probably thousands).

my tab has been running all week with wifi on (either connected or not as ive been shuffling some HW around). every time ive woken it up, i see no issue at all. so maybe 65+ hours of uptime at this point.

it happens on this tab. very rare on cm9 though, but should not be discounted. if you see lots of errors on the nand in the logs, and it not being able to repair, that's a sure sign.

logs are your lifeline for any issue you encounter. without that, no issue has a chance to be rectified.

Hi,

I have done the steps you mentioned before again
this is what you should do:
get your media off /data/media
odin back to 3.2. boot in, then flash CWM, full wipe, flash CM9 + gapps, reboot.
Installed the 0427 Rom, 0503 Kernel and 0317 gapps
I will run a logcat -v time *:W >/sdcard/log.txt in a terminal session. Or what logcat parametes are the best for you?
If I had a reboot again I will send you the log, maybe you can find something usefull.

How can I start automatically logcat -v time *:W >>/sdcard/log.txt when the tab is restarting?

Last edited:

InTents

Oct 2, 2011
Cape Town
Have an update comin this wknd. Swapped out wifi driver with mostly google's latest implementation. This will have wifi direct working.

This 'should' also hopefully help the phantom bootloop stuff.

Will post some experimental builds this wknd.

What do you get for all this?
Seriously this is one of the reasons why I love the Android Community :)
Good work Pershoot

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby

running this build and its smooth as always with CM roms. But i noticed the kernel was named diffrent, is there any changes made to it comparing to Pershoots CM stock? Or to the one Pershoot posts separetly? had some problem with it in games. I played Shadowgun and it hanged and had some graphic problems, the screen started to flicker very fast and the game shut down, only the game closed the tab was still responding and worked fine.
So i flashed the kernel Pershoot posted on the 3 of may and the game works fine.
Anyway thanks for posting this update

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
My latest stuff is not in cm yet.

Waiting until i sort some more stuff.

You can keep flashing the kern posted on db seperately until thats done.

Roman-Kumori

Dec 7, 2010
Moscow
Flash 0503 kernel, and you shouldnt have issue.

If you use touchscreentune, uninstall it, and notify the developer to increase delay on wake up, etc.

Where can I get this 0503 kernel..? :confused:

Code:
http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/kernels/2636/ics/3/p4/boot-cm_2636.4_p4_ics-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-050312.zip

This one?:)

Last edited:

12345678ap

Jun 12, 2008
where is APN settings

You need to set it each time you open the browser.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

This is how I set my 3G to work:
  • Created APN and typed only APN for my provider and then save it.
  • Selected APN that just created. (It is not selected by default.)
  • Checked 'Data enabled'
  • Turned off WiFi.
  • Opened browser and...tada!

but can any one tell me where is APN settings ? where can i edit APN in ?

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

it say make sure you have the right APN with the right settings for your network provider selected , BUT HOW ? WHERE ARE THESE settings ??

12345678ap

Jun 12, 2008
Can't change SIM card lock state. Possibly incorrect PIN

Pleaseee guide me : my sim card didnot work and when i got to setting-Security-sim card lock , i input my sim card`s PIN number it keep saying :""Can't change SIM card lock state. Possibly incorrect PIN" what is the probelem , why it has disable my sim card ? even i tried different company sim cards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

this is a CM9 KANG built for the GT-P7500 (3G) model.

What does KANG mean, I hear you asking? It means I'm not the one responsible for the code behind this ROM, it's all CyanogenMod/pershoot/isimobile (as noted below).
    I "only" compiled it and wrote this nice post, sharing my KANG along the way. Hope you will like it!

All credits to the CyanogenMod team and Pershoot, they're the real heroes.
    Credits to isimobile as well for the 3G stuff. All you guys are great, keep up the awesomeness!

Needless to say, don't bug the CyanogenMod team about bugs (pun intended).
    Also, neither I nor CM will be held responsible if your Tab explodes (or any other unfortunate side effect).
    That being said, it should work beautifully :)

What is working:
    - 3G
    - WiFi tethering
    - HW video decoding
    - Quite a lot more

Not working:
    - Camera

Bugs:
    - For auto-brightness to work, lock/unlock the screen once.
    - Searching for network providers doesn't work.

How to install:
    Do a FULL WIPE/FACTORY RESET & WIPE CACHE in CWM if coming from another ROM!
    If coming from any previous version of this ROM, full wipe/cache wipe shouldn't be necessary.
    Then, flash in this order:
    1. ROM
    2. Gapps
    3. Kernel modules (optional)
    without rebooting between flashes.

Additional info:
    To get 3G working, make sure you have the right APN with the right settings for your network provider selected.
    For the most part this is autodetected but sometimes it's not detected properly.

Kernel modules are optional. If you want support for things like nfs, ps3 controllers etc... flash this. You will have to do the modprobing yourself (in a terminal window: first get root access with su, then modprobe <modulename-without-.ko>)
    cifs.ko, ntfs.ko and tun.ko got moved into the ROM, no need for modules zip if you just want those.

To get your Tab to show up on your computer when connected via USB, goto Settings -> Storage -> click the three dots in the upper-right corner. Enable MTP or PTP.

Looking for a changelog? There's no changelog in the traditional sense but the latest merged changes can be seen here: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged branch:ics,n,z (ignore all android_kernel_* and android_device_* projects) & https://github.com/pershoot/

Don't flash the kernel from Pershoots thread on this ROM. The latest kernel is included in this ROM already. The one in Pershoots thread is for Honeycomb.

Bandwidth kindly provided by my friend snapcase. Thanks man :)

Download (latest):
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba.zip - 121 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Requires CWM recovery from here (flash in Odin via "PDA" button). Thread by pershoot here
    • Refreshed CM sources, with new official boot animation :)
    • WiFi fixed, FOR REAL this time ;) Pershoot has worked very hard on it, please thank him! WiFi Direct not working though at the moment.
    • Fewer graphical glitches (opening recent apps on home launcher still glitches)
    • Voice search fix is now obsolete; upgrade gapps to a newer version instead
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-032512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: coming)
    • Modules will be installed to /system/lib/modules, this will make modprobe find them properly

Gapps:
    Download gapps from here
    Download one of the newer gapps from that page (one of the gapps-ics-2012* files).
    If doing an upgrade from an earlier version of gapps, be aware that upgrading gapps can make your tab unbootable. In this case you have to wipe data!
    Remember to make a backup before upgrading gapps just in case!

Youtube:
    Download Youtube 3.5.* from here

Download (old):
    Voice Search fix: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-maba-voicesearch-fix.zip - 1.5 MB (MD5: b18cc6de1d35043ab671d26082d48992)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba.zip - 117 MB (MD5: e2dc5369cecba1d3d8296730572f90aa)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-030512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: e7dd5fb3ef50cfca4864aa55ab7eb184)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba.zip - 119 MB (MD5: 1d70f3781ce08c79c7e61c518a581b6a)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-022112-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 454e1e5d6c667142358625b2a2cee70d)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-020712-maba.zip - 118.4 MB (MD5: 59323d3091392696a0d30c43136b924c)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 6.7 MB (MD5: 5c5c3f5d1ed178f7b11b4fc2fac9995a)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.zip - 118.3 MB
    Torrent: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012912-maba.torrent (includes both ROM and modules flashable zips)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba.zip - 107.3 MB (mirror)
    Kernel modules: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012512-maba-kernel-modules.zip - 8.9 MB (mirror)
    ROM: GT-P7500-CM9-KANG-012412-maba.zip - 107.7 MB

Enjoy!
    New build in first post.
    Have an update comin this wknd. Swapped out wifi driver with mostly google's latest implementation. This will have wifi direct working.

This 'should' also hopefully help the phantom bootloop stuff.

Will post some experimental builds this wknd.
    here's a build i ran, just to ensure things are in place for 7500.

unofficial
    http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4/
    (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p4-KANG-signed.zip)

use the supplied recovery (odin: recovery.tar.md5)

everything you need to build is on my github.

most stuff in/outside has been submitted, pending review, in to mainline, excluding the p4 device tree, which will be created at some point.
    New build uploaded. Changes are minor, some memory tweaks and transition effects in Trebuchet. I've also built kernel modules for those of you who get turned on by stuff like that. :p

First post updated with links and relevant info.