htc one x- kitkat thread

Search This thread

nlsolja123

Feb 14, 2010
Atlanta
I thought it would be good to start a threat about kitkat anticipation and also when a ROM is spotted we would have a place to talk about it. A lot of people are porting the HTC one ROMs to the one x and there is some CM kitkat ROMs already on the HTC one. So maybe we can find someone to port it soon. Its already apparent that the sense versions are behind . the HTC one has 4.3 and sense 5.5.. Pure android seems like it will be the only way for new ROMs

Arrow44

Aug 21, 2012
San Antonio
I feel as though we should leave kitkat alone and mainly focus on the roms at hand, but I definately would not mind a nice piece of chocolate if you catch my drift

Sent from my HTC One XL using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Pure android seems like it will be the only way for new ROMs

I'm not sure why you see that. There were at least 2 or 3 devs that ported Sense 5 over from the M7 to the EVITA (before HTC released Sense 5 for us officially). As long as there is interest by devs, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same again for KitKat and Sense 5.5. True, the hardware hurdles will be an issue. But AOSP ROMs will experience their share, as well.

SOpsMattW

Oct 30, 2013
I'm not sure why you see that. There were at least 2 or 3 devs that ported Sense 5 over from the M7 to the EVITA (before HTC released Sense 5 for us officially). As long as there is interest by devs, I don't see why they wouldn't do the same again for KitKat and Sense 5.5. True, the hardware hurdles will be an issue. But AOSP ROMs will experience their share, as well.

Team Venom has released the Viper ROM for the HTC One. They released ViperXL for ours. Seems like they have all the necessary talent and tools to put together a new ViperXL release with 4.3/Sense5.5

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2
I am pretty sure Kit Kat is going to be a while. It would be really cool to get a 4.3 Rom good enough to be a daily driver. They are getting there. We still have a healthy Dev community.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Mflick86

Nov 20, 2012
As far as 4.3 being a daily driver, I'm running PAC 4.3.1 with touched 6.1 kernel with no problems, I use it as a daily driver. I've been on 4.3 maybe a month with little to no problems. So I think 4.4 is looking good for our phones

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

X96

Mar 18, 2012
Islamabad
Also saw in some other thread a screenshot of Evita running CM11 (H8's screenshot, I think), so yeah. :good:

tjhooker73

Jan 7, 2013
4.4 Kit-Kat is officially coming to The HTC One in January of 2014 So hopefully we see a nice port come to our One X/L

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Unfortunately it's pretty difficult to port from the One due to the different chipsets and resolution, it just doesn't work properly. A port would need to come from a similar device, like maybe the One Mini.

Sent from my Evita

arashtarafar

Sep 26, 2010
I've read in many places that Evita is going to get even an Android 5 update, so "Why so disappointed?"...
After all, it has been a flagship phone for several months and is still a powerful one in the markets :D

Reactions: NathanWS

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I seriously doubt this phone will ever get Android 5.0 as an official update, I'd put money on it. I'm not sure where you read that but it's highly unlikely. We're probably not even going to officially see 4.3 or 4.4.

Sent from my Evita

tjhooker73

Jan 7, 2013
I'm fairly certain that the Evita is done for updates. Also, HTC has a horrendous record of keeping their promises when it comes to release dates. Remember that update we were supposed to get at the end of November? Remember how it wasn't released until march nearly 5 months later? I do. That's when I rooted my phone.

That was the carriers fault. Adding all that bloatwear takes time dontcha-know.
And I was talking about a Port from the One by our devs here to the One X.

I've read in many places that Evita is going to get even an Android 5 update, so "Why so disappointed?"...
After all, it has been a flagship phone for several months and is still a powerful one in the markets :D

No we are supposedly getting a Sense 5 Update (Android 4.2 from Android 4.1.1 I think) But AT&T won't get it till next November probably

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You're not quite right about that. HTC push their own non-carrier updates to their non branded/Asian models and they do have a terrible record of keeping promises and getting them out on time, if at all.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: raisage

paulh1978

Nov 13, 2011
st helens
Hey guys I have the international version but both versions seem to be abandoned by HTC but there is a glimmer of hope as Google want 4.4 pushing out to all devices capable of running it so hopefully HTC will update all the one series phones eventually.

Alcoholic

Aug 27, 2009
Google can't even get their own nexus (galaxy) updated. What makes you think they can make HTC do it. This phone won't get any more updates. The next HTC one will be out soon and all focus will go for that.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

undivide

Dec 16, 2013
Bear, Delaware
Google Pixel 5a
shoredroid

anyone here running shoredroid 4.4 on their at&t one x?
just flashed mine last night after unlock/root/s-off/ and I can't believe how much more smooth and fast my phone feels.
now I just have to order a new screen to replace this cracked junk!
guess thats what I get for an $80 craigslist phone huh?

alextaja

Jan 31, 2013
anyone here running shoredroid 4.4 on their at&t one x?
just flashed mine last night after unlock/root/s-off/ and I can't believe how much more smooth and fast my phone feels.
now I just have to order a new screen to replace this cracked junk!
guess thats what I get for an $80 craigslist phone huh?

All of the kitkat roms are pretty darn smooth. I had some SD card/signal loss/reboot problems on shoredroid so I moved to the CM 11 nightlies. Latest nightly working perfectly so far *crosses fingers*

Reactions: raisage

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I thought it would be good to start a threat about kitkat anticipation and also when a ROM is spotted we would have a place to talk about it. A lot of people are porting the HTC one ROMs to the one x and there is some CM kitkat ROMs already on the HTC one. So maybe we can find someone to port it soon. Its already apparent that the sense versions are behind . the HTC one has 4.3 and sense 5.5.. Pure android seems like it will be the only way for new ROMs
    HTC releases their updates on time. Blame your carrier for the delays

Sent from my VENOMized HoxL
    You're not quite right about that. HTC push their own non-carrier updates to their non branded/Asian models and they do have a terrible record of keeping promises and getting them out on time, if at all.

Sent from my Evita