[Q] HELP! I bricked my phone and don't know what to do!

Search This thread

sjmay92

Mar 2, 2014
So I have a LG G2 D802 that I rooted, then installed CWM and Mahdi ROM on. I had been having a lot of trouble with SuperSU not installing correctly after I installed the rom (had no issues with SU or CWM prior to installing custom firmware) so I decided to try a factory reset to see if that would help. Because I couldn't figure out how to get into recovery mode without going through ROM Manager, which didn't work any more since SuperSU wasn't working correctly, I tried doing a factory reset through the settings menu. After waiting about half an our to complete, I figured an error had a occurred and forced the handset to restart (in hindsight probably a terrible idea, but I couldn't think of anything else to do).

Now when I boot the phone, it gets past the LG logo to the boot animation and stays there. I worked out how I should be able to get to recovery but that only gives me the ability to factory reset the LG way (and pressing any other button besides power causes the menu to freeze) and when I try to factory reset again it just sits there, not progressing like it did before.

Now I have absolutely no idea what I can do, since recovery mode is inaccessible I have no idea what I could possibly do to fix it. Any help or advice at all would be GREATLY appreciated.