[ROM][CM9][AOKP] Temporary Stock E4GT from emmc

Search This thread

slowpc

Sep 29, 2010
W.S -=- NC
I actually have been trying to get this to work on my GF's epic , the cwm is the directboot does not have read/write access so it does not work for some reason. We had some cm10 on there for some time with a ICS kernel right now , the directboot el29 flashes and passes fine using mobile odin or pc odin.

:( Any help for an old thread.?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Epic Touch Blog: Temporary Stock E4GT from emmc

Utility for CM9 Epic Touch
    This is a temporary ROM that boots Samsung's Gingerbread EL29 firmware entirely from emmc without making any changes to the ROM currently installed on your phone. When you reboot, you return to recovery where you can re-flash the ROM to return to CM9. This temporary ROM is useful for several purposes.

• Update Profile.
    • Update PRL.
    • Sprint Activation.
    • Dial codes and diagnostic mode.

This should be helpful to users of any AOSP-based ROM including CM9, AOKP, etc.

Thanks to noobnl and mkasick for making this possible!
    I'm sorry but what does this do?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
    Its for AOSP roms. You currently can't update PRL/Profile, activate your device, or use dialer codes on them so this temporarily allows you to boot stock el29 off the SD card without changing your current rom. You can do what i said from there. Saves you time from doing backups, restoring, etc.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Got a how to video uploading now!
    This definitely will come in handy, can I suggest seeing if you can get a video made of how it works. I can honestly say It seems to help out quite a bit in this forum for a lot of people and does cut down on the crazy questions.

Great job though!
    Agree, this is broken on AOKP FE22. (T.C.P)

Just returns back to menu screen.

Could people please read the instructions? You MUST use the directboot CWM. Nothing else will work.