Help me get my contacts straight.

Search This thread

bvbull200

Jul 21, 2010
Here is what I'm trying to do. I would like the "contacts" app to display only the contacts that i have saved to my Google account. I would like those contacts to have their pictures imported from Facebook. If there are contacts with names that don't match their Facebook name exactly, I'd like to be able to link them up.

What is happening right now is that if I only sync existing contacts with Facebook and/or Haxsync, I end up with a LOT of missing pictures. When I "sync all", I end up with all of my Facebook friends populating my contacts app.

Maybe I'm doing it in the wrong order? I assume I can remove my Facebook and Haxsync apps (or clear data), then clear data in the contacts app to start from scratch. What are the steps I need to take from there/

1. Only Google contacts displayed.
2. Contact pictures populated from Facebook.
3. Ability to join names without exact match.

Thank you in advance for the help.

imaconeheadXD

Jul 9, 2012
New York
You can sync all with the Facebook app, then join the contacts for the profile pictures within each contact (there is a merge/join contacts option). For names that don't match, they let you manually choose whoever you want to merge, so names don't have to be the same. After that is all done, go to your contacts and click the menu button, there should be an option "Contacts to Display". Hit that, then select your Google account. Enjoy :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
The other part is that if you hit the menu button in contacts and select "Contacts to display" (you may have to scroll the list down), you then can go down to "Custom List" and click the gear icon to the right. That will allow you to select which contacts display on your phone.