[ROM] [M7] [4.4.4] TeamEOS - The Revival || Nightlies

Search This thread

[-]awkeye

Dec 5, 2011
Yes. Nightlys coming up in about a week or two. I got shamu and wife got my m8. So I'm actually getting her old m7 back in my hands. So I'll likely maintain it. I'll swing by here and drop some test builds.
Great. Can't wait to s-off my new M7 for this ROM.

Does anyone here know how to root and install TWRP without having to go s-off by any chance? Or is s-off the only solution?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EOS-Wall1.png

Welcome to Eos! The Eos project originated with the AOSP release of ICS, and was originally founded by Solarnz and co founded by Bigrushdog. Since then, Eos has evolved into a multinational collaborative effort backed by top Android developers. Our objective is to provide a world class AOSP build with unique features and enhancements. Eos is an ongoing development project in which builds are released on a regular basis. Every release should be considered stable and highly functional.

Roster.png

Bigrushdog - Project lead, Chief Developer [Xoom || Galaxy Nexus || HTC One (M7)] || Nexus 7
    RaymanFX - Co-leader, AOSP code maintainer [Xperia S || Nexus 7 (2013) || OPPO N1 || OPPO Find7a]
    jrior001 - Jenkins/Gerrit Admin, CAF code maintainer [HTC One X]
    anders3408 - Frameworks Developer [OPPO Find5 || OPPO N1]
    Roach - Frameworks Developer [Nexus 4 || Nexus 7 (2013) || HTC One (M8)]
    Connor Baker [Nexus 4 || HP Touchpad]

features.png

Code:
    NX 2.0 Gesture Navigation Interface
    EOS Weather Engine
    Custom Quick Toggles Tiles with Brightness & Volume Seekbars
    Softkeys Long-Press Actions
    Network Indicator
    Battery Indicator Mods
    Clock Mods
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Force Navigation Bar on any device
    Volume keys switch depending on rotation. So the volume up key is always either on the top or to the right of volume down. (Toggle-able)
    Default Volume Control Stream (Ring or Media)
    Advanced power menu with reboot options.
    MORE...

credits.png

We give love and much respect to Cyanogenmod. The AOSP scene would not exist as it does today without them. We implement some of their branches to support legacy devices and features that users have demanded.

downloads.png

Team EOS Nightly builds

M7 Downloads

G-Apps Package

Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the rom:

GApps

installation2.png

These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE LATEST 4.4.x COMPATIBLE RECOVERY.
    Detailed instructions:

Going to EOS4.4.x from a rom < 4.4.x:
    • Backup everything !
    • Go to recovery
    • Make a full wipe / factory reset
    • format /system
    • Flash the rom
    • Flash optional kernel
    • Flash gapps
    • Reboot
    Updating from EOS 4.4.x #XX to #YY:
    You can usually skip the full wipe step.
    If ever you encounter an issue make sure you make a full wipe first before reporting though.

Information.png

All HTC msm8960 devices use a slightly moddified version of the standard CM built 3.4 linux kernel, many thanks to the boys on our CM team who have made most of this possible on our HTC devices.

Contribute
    Gerrit Review
    Jenkins Build System
    Github
    Kernel Source
    Welcome! Just some brief info on the project and philosophy and all that. If you are looking for a project with every feature on the planet, this build is not for you. I write features or bring in a feature from other guys based on a simple idea. I personally must find it fun or useful. Many features I see out there I find to be just plain stupid, and won't be found here. As project leader, I get the privilege of making that assessment. If someone makes a strong argument for something, my opinion can be swayed. If a user says "Hey brd, check this out!", and it is cool, I'll bring it in. If it sucks, I'll pass.

TeamEos took a brief hiatus to work with the CodefireX project. That all ended up going south in a blaze of glory. In the TeamEos repo, you will see reference to cfx code. It's my code, i wrote it. I need to re factor some projects.

I personally run this build on my m7 and love it. Thoughts? Suggestions? Build sucks and you're going back to Omni? It's all good. Let me know. Have fun!

M7 Specifics

-- legacy IR HAL as well as the new one: I'm keeping the old one for now as well until I'm certain most apps use the new one
    -- hardware keys - any action: for now, default actions are not clearable. Meaning you can not assign a "no action" against default behavior. This is to keep my sanity but may change if there's strong demand for it.
    -- the kernel : Based on the work Intervigil, mdmower, h8rift, and the other CM HTC guys have done. I commend them on a strong and stable kernel base. In addition, we have the following:
    -- Fast charge
    -- the latest BFQ I/O scheduler as well as SIO and FIOPS
    -- we use @showp1984 's thermal controls instead of thermald. Keep the device cold as a ice cube
    -- I highly recommend Trickster paid for kernel controls
    Really enjoying the clean AOSP experience with this ROM. Running AGK Kernel v1.12 and have no issues to report. Thanks for developing for our device.

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Good to hear! I try and keep it clean while keeping the real win subtle yet useful.

Any plans to update to the latest AOSP 4.4.3

Sent from my One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes. Merged. We took Jenkins down for a day or so to get the merge pushed. I almost had the full merge done, but got messed up with aosp telephony. AOSP introduced a new tele API and for the life of me I couldn't get it to play nice with MSIM. So i had to wait for @rmcc from @CyanogenMod to help out. When I looked at his merge, I was mad! I was so close! Much love and respect to talented guys like @rmcc who help me tie up my loose ends.

Fresh M7 4.4.3 cooking on Jenkins now. It's smooth too!
    hi,i have a question;this rom is not based of the googleplayedition!?I installed this with twrp2.6.3.3 and all went vry good,fast and smooth.
    Then i tryed to install the ElementalX vers.15,for GPE,and it doesnt run,no way to use another Kernel?!?

otherwise the rom as it is is fantastiq.Some ideas to this?

cheers

Manne:good:

This is AOSP based, not GPE. They are very different

Only AOSP kernels work. I would recommend the EOS kernel (which is stock here) since its great and incorporates a lot of good stuff and is not bloated at all
    my ideas:
    1) New notifications interaction: new because you can interact directly with the notification without leaving the screen having all you need.

When a new notification arrives the multitasking icon changes into the new notification one (or the notif icon can appear beside the multitasking one). If you touch it a pop up window appears and you can directly reply viewing previous messages.

For devices without bottom bar, (or we can simply use this method for all devices) an icon appears in the notification bar and if u touch it the pop up appears.

2) Lock screen:
    in the stock android you have no information in the lockscreen, so you can easily access with a swipe to your messages likes this video show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwumTW1sZzM

3)Music:

4) weather