Windows Mobile "XDA Live" - For Dummies

Search This thread

Arktronic

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 5, 2006
Since the other thread has been locked, people are bound to start creating useless threads asking stupid questions over and over again, so I might as well create a "for dummies" thread that people *might* look at and not post...

Q: What OS is it?
A: WM6

Q: When will it be available?
A: Unknown

Q: What customizations will it have?
A: See first post of the real "XDA Live" thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=294809

Q: Is it from provider "X"?
A: No, it's from multiple ones, and you cannot be told which ones.

Q: Why isn't it released yet?
A: Because all identifying information in the ROM must be found and eliminated, otherwise kyphur's source may be fired from his/her job or worse. Does NDA mean anything to you?

That's all I can think of so far.

Last edited:

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
what OS is it again, and when will it be released :D
i couldnt resist, i had to be first

jasjamming

Nov 7, 2006
In the Basement
windows mobile 6 is like windows xp for your mobile notebook. i can confirm this.

now i just need to perform a symbian s30v3 upgrade patch and install QuickMenu

eagle 1

I have a tytn and I downloaded the "Universal" WM6 crossbow rom. I flashed my Tytn and now I'm stuck. It won't even boot up.

Can someone help me, I mean come on "I used the Universal Rom", I thought that worked for everything....

lpsi2000

Jan 16, 2004
TriState
I did flash it with the "Universal ROM". It worked great and I think another name for the "Universal" is "Vanilla" and it will work on all devices especially the Palm 850. Has anyone seen the 850 yet?:)

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
**Partial serious post**
this is by far the most useless thread on here (except spam).. Normally i would lock something like this.. However, i think in the current situation with board and the whole M$ thing i think this is a good thread to let people finally shrug that pile of M$ sh!t off their shoulders and have a little fun before getting back to business..(hopefully the other mods agree with me).. so have some fun, but eventually this thread will have to go bye-bye ;)

BTW i heard that kyphur and steve jobs were good buddies and he is going to release the iphone OS for the hermes :D this new rom will have it all, it will even wipe your a$$

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
BTW i heard that kyphur and steve jobs were good buddies and he is going to release the iphone OS for the hermes :D this new rom will have it all, it will even wipe your a$$

For legal purposes, Steve insists that I have to call it XDiPhone!!

Of course he is very happy that we we able to port it to the Hermes and has promsed to open the platform to 3rd party developers one we kill the Windows Mobile Phone craze!:eek: