Nexus7 UMTS-Stick extern working

Search This thread

Xda2013

Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Die you remove the SIM card code? Otherwise wouldn t work. Firewall turned Off? Device is rooted?

Greetings.... Hope that helps... :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

dude_uuk

Dec 12, 2010
Die you remove the SIM card code? Otherwise wouldn t work. Firewall turned Off? Device is rooted?

Greetings.... Hope that helps... :)

Hi, what do you mean about sim card code? And how do you turn off firewall? And yes device is rooted. Can you advise?

Xda2013

Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
You can install an additional Firewall, if should bei turned off, if existing.

Your umts sim is protected by a four digit code. There s an option, if you use this stick with a Laptop to remove this asking for a code. Afterwards you just connect the stick and use the Software.

PPP widget will only work, if There s no code protection on the SIM.

Greetings

dude_uuk

Dec 12, 2010
You can install an additional Firewall, if should bei turned off, if existing.

Your umts sim is protected by a four digit code. There s an option, if you use this stick with a Laptop to remove this asking for a code. Afterwards you just connect the stick and use the Software.

PPP widget will only work, if There s no code protection on the SIM.

Greetings

Hi, you mean like droid wall from market? Ok i will try that first. Hope things goes well...thanks...

Xda2013

Sep 12, 2012
Berlin
Still cannot make it to work...:confused:

Sorry to hear that....

There are 3 different versions from ppp widget, beginning with 0.99 from developers page and later versions on the play market. Have you tried reinstalling, all versions ??

Did you configure apn-settings/username/password in ISP "Settings" ??

Does this UMTS stick work out if connected to a normal computer?

Cheers..:silly:

Last edited:

dude_uuk

Dec 12, 2010
Sorry to hear that....

There are 3 different versions from ppp widget, beginning with 0.99 from developers page and later versions on the play market. Have you tried reinstalling, all versions ??

Did you configure apn-settings/username/password in ISP "Settings" ??

Does this UMTS stick work out if connected to a normal computer?

Cheers..:silly:

Hi. Installed the v.99 and yes i have configured the settings.it worked fine on my desktop but not on my n7.probably gonna install the newer versions and see what happens.hope it works this time. Fingers crossed...

hello_world.c

Jun 3, 2011
Hi guys, got a huawei e173 but could not connect to the internet.the usb stick is unlock.it says connected on the widget but could not connect to the internet.

Any suggestions guys?

I got the Huawei E173 (not unlocked, original provider) to work with UMTS Manager from market/play. Disable Wifi, start it, then plug in the dongle and you should see messages about it being found (there are three virtual devices). Wait until there are no new messages, fill out APN, PIN and DNS according to your provider of course and hit connect.

Works here once after boot. If I disconnect/reconnect the dongle, it won't connect anymore, have to reboot.

joliv

Jul 4, 2010
Zurich
Just wanted to thank dev. Worked seamless on first time. Using Huawei E173.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

Yesterday evening i managed to connect my external UMTS-Stick ( Huawei , free gift from Alice /O2 Provider in Germany ) via OTG Kabel

xxx.amazon.de/gp/product/B0090N2FBA/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00

to my Nexus7.

Stock Rom, Android 4.1.1, rooted.

I used the app PPP Widget. ( xxx.draisberghof.de/android/pppwidget.html )

Everything worked like a charm.

I hardly found informations about Nexus7 working with this app, so i just wanted to spread the good news.

If someone needs information about the exact hardware version of this Huawei stick, i could post information later on.

As far as i tested, all applications got working internet connection.

Greetings.
    Root access is mandatory....

So far with the OTG USB cable i`m able to access my pictures directly on SD-Card in my EOS 1100d Canon Camera with Sticky Mount ( Play Market ), connect a USB 3.0 NTFS 32 Gig Stick and , as described, use an external UMTS modem.

So a few good reasons for Root.

Cheers.

Great news. Does the app need root or will it work on an unrooted device?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    checked and the ppp app needs root. What model is the Huawei ?

still at work, i ll check this afternoon. Post it tomorrow, ok ?!?
    Root is not necessary! play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Nexus Media Importer allows you to import and stream music, video, photos and documents from a USB flash drive or SD card connected to your Nexus 7, Galaxy Nexus, or other Android 3.2+ devices with USB Host support.

you can`t mount an umts stick with this method, no writing on media, no NTFS !!!!
    checked and the ppp app needs root. What model is the Huawei ?

Sorry, no Huawei, i just checked, it`s a ZTE HSDPA Stick

UMTS Stick ( Alice/ O2 ) ZTE MF100 (unlocked)

Greetings.