Hello Friends back again...
I am very happy to release the BlueBerry ROM based on XXLQ9 here. If you are wondering, why based on Nordics? why not Austria? the answer is, I see other developers (Selva, Frank etc) putting invaluable efforts in their development based on Austria rom, I thought of developing one on top of Nordics so that we as a community get a chance to experience both the ROMS. The Nordics stock rom was as good as Austria rom and I never experienced any issues with that.
Is it safe to flash this ROM? - Absolutely Safe. Logcat was thoroughly checked for any errors while developing the features. I have tested this ROM to the greater extent and was using it for few days. It is a clean and very optimized ROM. It doesn't increase the counter or bring the yellow triangle. Ardatdat kernel would be flashed first before it proceeds with other installations
Please note that this ROM does not include any of the play store applications(only exception is Holo HD) since it is difficult to match with everybody's taste and also to reduce the zip file size (Go Green ).
Base Version (1.0) Features
1. Based on XXLQ9 ROM
2. Deodexed, Debloated, Zip Aligned and Pre-rooted(using Superuser)
3. Using Ardatdat kernel 4.0 [Non OC].
4. Auto backup efs folder contents while flashing to "\sdcard\Android\bb-efs-backup" folder.
5. Blue Themed
6. All Blueberry Mod features
- Transparent notification bar
- 1% Battery Image
- Extended power menu
- 15 Toggle buttons status bar with working flash light**
7. Call Recording** (saves to /sdcard/sounds)
8. Volume down button as camera shutter button (Vol up kept as it is to enable Zoom slide and for Zoom-in operations)
9. Bundled with Media package (Beats Audio libraries + MIUI Player + Flash Support**)
10. Default launcher - Holo HD
11. AOSP Lockscreen##
12. Removed SMS and MMS logs from call log
13. Increased the max SMS recipient count from 10 to 200 and no more auto conversation of lengthy SMS to MMS.
(Clear messaging application data once for 200 recipients to work. Settings -> Applications -> All -> Messaging -> Clear Data)
14. Disabled increasing ringtone volume for incoming calls
15. Performance Tweaks and Battery Savings
- Enabled GPU UI rendering
- Improved virtual memory management
- Improved Touch Sensitivity – GPU Acceleration
- Improved photo and video recording quality.
- Improved scrolling responsiveness
- Decreased dialing out delay
- Noticable Battery Savings during deep sleep (Non OC Procesor)
- Wifi and Gprs speed tweaks
- Disable kernel error logging (this seems fixes games FC or crashes)
- Enabled video acceleration for players that doesn't has HW decoding options. (Still doesn't play 1080p videos )
...and other tweaks
** - Has known issues. Please read Post #2 for the details.
## - Fixed in later version.
For manual workaround for disabling boot animation sound and camera shutter sound please read Post #2.
First of all, If you are not aware of EMMC brick bug please search or read the sticky/other threads or get to know about it by posting in the general section. I am not responsible for any damage that may happen to your device.
DO NOT ATTEMPT to do any of the cwm or phone wipe operations (Wipe Cache or Dalvik Wipe or Wipe data/Factory Reset) until I recommend to do so. Please take the complete CWM backup before you proceed further.
1. Flash the stock I9103XXLQ9 using Odin. Let it to boot once. Don't worry, it is like an official installation and should not brick the phone.
2. Install and enter the CWM (4.0 or above) recovery console.
3. Flash the rom zip and wait for the successfull installation message.
4. Reboot the phone. Check if ardat kernel was flashed successfully in Settings -> About Phone (see the screenshot below)
5. OPTIONAL but Recommended - After ensuring ardatdat kernel was flashed successfully in Step #4, login to CWM and do wipe data/factory reset for the clean installation. Though flashing rom zip in step #3 doesn't wipe your applications and settings in previous ICS rom (Leaked or Austria), it is recommended to do wipe once for experiencing the performance tweaks made in the rom.
Download ROM Link
All removed stock apps can be downloaded from here and here
Thank You List
Special thanks to following people. Without them the BlueBerry ROM would have not be possible.
Ardatdat for the wonderful kernel
lidroid for 14 toggle
Wanam for the libraries/images for theming and few features.
RockoDev for the beats audio libraries
Crussader for the backup script
yoelsd, optik19918, montymintypie, Mirko ddd, sicopat and ALL XDA developers for their wonderful tips/guides/tutorials and assistance.
selva.simple for the MaZel II wishlist thread.