FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Set up ADB and Fastboot on a Mac easily (With Screenshots!)

5,727 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,843

By AshtonTS, Senior Member on 2nd October 2012, 11:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2012, 04:07 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Worked instantly after i rebooted my computer, thanks a bunch! another quick question? how do i get a logcat? what's the code? i keep getting waiting for device, i don't know what to do after that!
17th October 2012, 09:30 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 192

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraul

Worked instantly after i rebooted my computer, thanks a bunch! another quick question? how do i get a logcat? what's the code? i keep getting waiting for device, i don't know what to do after that!

Try "adb logcat -d -v long > logcat.txt". The filename is called logcat.txt and it is saved at the place where your adb is. If the logcat.txt is empty, try to do this "adb devices" and see if there's any device found
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wcypierre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wcypierre Ad-Free
17th October 2012, 02:33 PM |#33  

More
I got around it using logcat on my phone, thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
17th October 2012, 04:22 PM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcypierre

Try "adb logcat -d -v long > logcat.txt". The filename is called logcat.txt and it is saved at the place where your adb is. If the logcat.txt is empty, try to do this "adb devices" and see if there's any device found

Thanks, I'v enever actually used logcat before so I couldn't have answered that myself. I'll be sure to thank you whenever I get my 8 Thanks back (or go on tapatalk)
17th October 2012, 04:45 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonTS

Thanks, I'v enever actually used logcat before so I couldn't have answered that myself. I'll be sure to thank you whenever I get my 8 Thanks back (or go on tapatalk)

haha you're welcome . Creating logs can be sometimes overwhelming for newbies so I have just made a tool(look at my thread) which can create logs easily but you have to compile it manually for mac(as I don't have a mac so I can't do it myself, I can teach you how to compile my code if you want to, so you can make a tutorial on creating logs on mac or something similar to that in the future )

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote:

I got around it using logcat on my phone, thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

you're welcome . alogcat or catlog are two good tools to get logcat with your phone. do drop by my thread for an easier logging or drop me a pm when you want to make other sorts of logs
The Following User Says Thank You to wcypierre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wcypierre Ad-Free
17th October 2012, 08:02 PM |#36  
Flag Palo Alto, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,363

More
Quote:

Done for you.

Sent from my HTC Rezound
The Following User Says Thank You to wlmeng11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wlmeng11 Ad-Free
18th October 2012, 12:44 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmeng11

Done for you.

Sent from my HTC Rezound

Thanks bud
18th October 2012, 02:25 AM |#38  

More
Unhappy
Quote:

Thanks bud

Now my computer doesn't detect my phone at all, even when it says android debugging enabled on the phone, the computer doesn't list it entirely!
18th October 2012, 02:46 AM |#39  

More
Quote:

Now my computer doesn't detect my phone at all, even when it says android debugging enabled on the phone, the computer doesn't list it entirely!

which step are you at?
18th October 2012, 05:48 PM |#40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Woodstock, CT

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Try rebooting both of your devices

Sent from my HTC Sensation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)