FORUMS

[Q] Formatted NVRAM using SP Flash Tool, what should I do?

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By ToldarkenHansam, Junior Member on 8th May 2013, 06:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd December 2013, 07:17 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarry86

your method of writing memory manually worked for me to bring back my /dev/radio folder and its contents, still cwmr write my imei though

Try the MTKDroidTools to change SOFT IMEI - it works most of the times. But if you've restored correct nvram partition backup you already should have your IMEI back, unless it wasn't put there by lazy manufacturer. Then you can use SN Write Tool or MAUI Meta 3G to restore HARD IMEI.
You can also restore nvram.bin by doing
Code:
cat '/path/to/nvram.bin' > /dev/nvram
but careful on that, if you don't know what you're doing it can softbrick your phone if it's done wrong.
The Following User Says Thank You to NStorm For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NStorm Ad-Free
7th January 2014, 07:49 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
tancks a lot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizzly92

so, here is a tool to generate the IMEI`s of your smartphone. you will usually find them in the back of your device. push the generated file to /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/ and DON'T FORGET TO SET FULL RWX rights. (with ADB, cd to the mentined folder and set MP0B_001 with chmod to mode 777, in root explorer just check every box for read write and execute. otherwise phone cannot read the IMEI.

tancks a lot
15th January 2014, 07:29 PM |#23  

More
invalid imei
i got same problem invalid imei.no service.no nvram.i try imei back with terminal emulatool.mtk droid tool.all dosnt work,still not back the imei.maybe i wanna try this file imei.exe .from docter-techno.blogspot.com i hope the trick can back my imei.
15th January 2014, 10:20 PM |#24  
Flag Karur
Thanks Meter: 320

More
On seeing many replies first I will clear you one thing in mediatek devices imei is stored in data/nvram partition so it gets deleted on factory reset (after you formatted in sp tools)
There are some methods to restore imei
One is engineering mode, then sn tools and easiest way is if you have nandroid backup (before the loss of imei) just restore it

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 06:31 PM |#25  

More
[QUOTE=bayustev;44787247]guys..for permanent nvram, imei error or invalid use sn write tools.
mine solve a long ago..please read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2206421
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2197378&page=3
btw use a complete sn write tool
well works for me ,after factory reset everthing still as writen..
my phone mtk 6577
modem database mt6577 invalid sir
17th January 2014, 06:43 PM |#26  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 236

More
flash a BPLGU file to your NVRAM partition and then load sn write tool or maui meta 3g with the same BPLGU file.
18th January 2014, 12:13 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
[QUOTE=Chrizzly92;49526360]flash a BPLGU file to your NVRAM partition and then load sn write tool or maui meta 3g with the same BPLGU file.[/QUOT

Sir , how i can flash BPLGU file to NVRAM partition ? where i can find the correct BPLGU file for device ?
My device is MT6575 S4 GT-I9500
ICS2.MP

and my Meta 3G ver not connected with phone ? preloader drivers / cdc drivers installed correctly.

stuck on Get Version not imei download mode . plz help
18th January 2014, 04:30 PM |#28  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 236

More
you should use google in first place to get to your desired goal. i cannot tell you what the correct nvram file is, just try it out. there are only 5 or so different BPLGU files for your SoC Version. For flashing, open your scatterfile and change NO_DL_NVRAM to _NVRAM and thats it. you can flash it now via flashtool.
If using MAUI META, go to Options and switch on "connect smartphone into metamode". click on Reconnect in MAUI META, connect your device and wait. it should boot into meta mode now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chrizzly92 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chrizzly92 Ad-Free
24th January 2014, 08:27 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrizzly92

you should use google in first place to get to your desired goal. i cannot tell you what the correct nvram file is, just try it out. there are only 5 or so different BPLGU files for your SoC Version. For flashing, open your scatterfile and change NO_DL_NVRAM to _NVRAM and thats it. you can flash it now via flashtool.
If using MAUI META, go to Options and switch on "connect smartphone into metamode". click on Reconnect in MAUI META, connect your device and wait. it should boot into meta mode now.

maui meta 3G is for windows7 or windows xp ?
31st January 2014, 05:17 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NStorm

What a lame answers. Especially ones suggesting to root phone.
They guy clearly told he is able to restore MP0B_001 in phone, but its SOFT-IMEI and is lost after wipe/factory reset.

@ Original question by ToldarkenHansam, which is kinda outdated, but considering lame answers here:
To restore HARD-IMEI in NVRAM hidden partition use SN Write Tool or Maui META 3G. They are able to write hard IMEI and calibration to NVRAM partition.

@ kokabunga - if you have nvram.bin backup you can easily resore it with SP Flash Tool. Just open your scatter file with any text editor, find a __NODL_NVRAM section and remove __NODL_ part from it. Reopen scatter in SP Flash Tool and you'll be able to check NVRAM partition.
It might not be able to upload it without other parts selected. But you can you Options->Write memory, then manually enter start address, which will be show on download/upgrade page near NVRAM and length (your nvram.bin length) - that will always work. Be careful to write correct address thou.

Sidenote: all suggested methods before only touch SOFT-IMEI, stored in /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001. Its lost with any wipe/reset, because whole /data partition are formatted. Then the whole /data/nvram directory (if it's empty) are restored from hidden NVRAM partition on EMMC. If you've corrupted your NVRAM when it won't restore correct IMEI ofc. With all methods mentioned above (i.e. replacing MP0B_001, echoing to pttycmd1, using mtkdroidtools, mobileuncletools and others) will only edit MP0B_001, i.e. soft copy of IMEI, which will be lost again with next hardware reset. Sure you restore your IMEI that way every time you wipe/reset/upgrade firmware. But its more solid to fix your IMEI partition with SN Write Tool / Maui META 3G so it will be correctly restored automatically from NVRAM at every wipe/etc.

EDIT: @Chrizzly92 this software are very outdate. It generates 24 byte MP0B_001 file, used by old MT6573/6513 platforms. Newer 6575/6577 uses 120 bytes MP0B_001 which are different. If you put 24 byte MP0B_001 generated instead from imei.c software, your phone will be buggy and will be constantly loosing IMEI every few hours until reboot. It's better to use MtkDroidTools or terminal method (echoing to /dev/pttycmd1) to correctly restore 120 byte IMEI file.

Finally after few days of googling, i did it!!!

Prestigio 4040 DUAL fixed with BinRegion.img backup (WTF, needs to be ranamed to: nvram.bin) created by sp flash tool before flashing official rom.

Now i know why this official fullflash frimware PAP4040DUO_20121101_V1.0.10.zip is not on prestigio suppport anymore.
Only zip Updates left

Repaired with options - writing memory in SP_Flash_Tool_5.1343.01 as you described.

Thanx you save me
4th February 2014, 01:31 PM |#31  

More
It is not clear, in flash tool, in the main window for my NVRAM the start and end adress, cant download or upgragre. If I want to use the write parameter I have "begin adress", that is ok, I have it but for the container lenght in hex, that one I am not sure. how I find this info, main page me give me the end (hex) and parameter give me the lenght in byte. please help.
thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)