FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP]Rotation Lock Adaptive - Rotate anyway you want

261 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By xXFl4sh, Senior Member on 9th July 2013, 11:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Title says it all you can rotate your screen on your likes.

Adaptive rotation - if you find automatic screen rotation annoying then this app is for you. It will detect the device's orientation and show a transparent button to let you decide whether the screen should be rotated to landscape or portrait
Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer

There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode

[FREE]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...90LnJvdGF0ZSJd

[PAID]
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-07-09 18.21.28.jpg
Views:	497
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	2104669  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xXFl4sh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xXFl4sh Ad-Free
17th September 2013, 06:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Hello I use this app. It has one bug: wanting to customize settings for individual applications but the list loads infinitely.

Sent from LT22i using Tapatalk 2
29th November 2013, 07:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I concur. It's annoying that it's slow-loading every time I want to customize per app rotation.

Also, it would be nice to have FORCE PORTRAIT, for the home pages. That is, Force Portrait = stock portrait or reverse portrait.

Fix these two and I will rate 6 stars, if allowed.
11th April 2014, 02:47 PM |#4  
Flag Oxfordshire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I just tried out this app and thought it was great so bought the full version. However, the option to hide the notification tray icon (which is one of the features of the paid version) did not work for me. Until I can hide the notifcation I won't be using this app which is a shame because I really like the concept. I am using a Nexus 5 with stock Android

I also think there is room for further improvement. Eg. I would like to be able to control the duration of time that the 'overlay' button appears for. Also if it's technically possibe to control the degree of rotation before the overlay button appears.
20th May 2017, 08:32 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This app is soo great! But the adaptive mode is not working since (I believe) Android 6. Is there a fix, or alternative app? Thank you!
2nd July 2017, 04:48 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Broken in Nougat
This app is broken in Nougat, anyone know how to fix?
developer not replying
2nd July 2017, 09:09 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esar001

This app is broken in Nougat, anyone know how to fix?
developer not replying

I ended up writing a little app myself to replace the adaptive rotation mode. It's not perfect yet, but you can try it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ynamicrotation
2nd July 2017, 11:33 AM |#8  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 197

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saentis

I ended up writing a little app myself to replace the adaptive rotation mode. It's not perfect yet, but you can try it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ynamicrotation

Unfortunately, when I go to Play Store, I get:
Quote:

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.

Can you send me a link to the apk file or help clear the incompatibility issue? I'm using the Note 5 in Kuwait.

Thanks
2nd July 2017, 11:53 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Unfortunately, when I go to Play Store, I get:

Can you send me a link to the apk file or help clear the incompatibility issue? I'm using the Note 5 in Kuwait.

Thanks

Thanks for going to try it! Yes unfortunately currently it's set to only be compatible with very few devices. I'm planning on fixing this in the next few weeks. Will report back here when it's done.

What Android version are you running?
2nd July 2017, 01:19 PM |#10  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 197

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saentis

Thanks for going to try it! Yes unfortunately currently it's set to only be compatible with very few devices. I'm planning on fixing this in the next few weeks. Will report back here when it's done.

What Android version are you running?

Android Version 7.0
21st July 2017, 07:42 AM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee

Android Version 7.0

I finally got around to implementing the most important changes to support lower Android versions. Since the fixes are done very roughly, I released it as a beta version only. If you'd like to try it, just opt in to the beta program here. It should work fine on Android 7.0, as my changes were necessary only for Android 5.0 and lower.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saentis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saentis Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)