Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat coming to SGS3 - confirmed!

Search This thread

Candy[MAN]

Oct 7, 2009
Orangeville
Good news. The best part of this news is that is was confirmed by Samsung US so us here in North America will be getting this update.

YAY!

salmans13

Aug 7, 2012
Any idea if this will be with the new touchwiz ui??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thegreenfamily04

Aug 23, 2009
Lakeview
The only problem with that article was this statement....

"The full list is below, and of course they are subject to carrier approval."

You know AT&T will be the last and Verizon will be first, hopefully AT&T will decide to release the update to the S3.

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city
Reactions: imcol

aybarrap1

Mar 21, 2010
Guantanamo Bay
Moto X Style (Pure)
Moto X4
That's from Samsung Poland regarding the international i9300 version.
Pretty sure the international i9300 will get the 4.4.2 update elsewhere in Europe.

And unless Samsung USA backtracks on its commitment to bring Android 4.4.2 to the North American SGS3, I'm confident we'll see it.

The problem that I have is that the official announcement says "select carriers" leaving me to believe that there is a possibility it could never happen with AT&T. Of course since AT&T is so large I think it will go through to avoid a massive swarm of complaints. It really comes down to how quickly they will push the release.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

letigre87

Mar 15, 2011
3224882 300

Good, now they can release the stock 4.3 so those of us that took the OTA update have a way back to stock.

theramsey3

Jun 27, 2012
Good, now they can release the stock 4.3 so those of us that took the OTA update have a way back to stock.
Why would they do that?
They didn't release the 4.1.2... I will be surprised if we ever get another Odin tar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 running S3Rx MJ2 bootloader MJB modem and it is smooth

Jakeuten

Dec 8, 2012
Duluth
The only problem with that article was this statement....

"The full list is below, and of course they are subject to carrier approval."

You know AT&T will be the last and Verizon will be first, hopefully AT&T will decide to release the update to the S3.

Pretty sure Sprint releases the first update, followed by T-Mobile...then AT&T and finally Verizon. It's been that way for all devices. Ex.: the 4.3 update.

shortydoggg

Apr 11, 2011
WOW, ANOTHER TOY TO PLAY WITH. OH MY GOD. WHEN DO WE GET IT? WHEN DO WE GET IT? HURRY UP AT&T. I CANNOT WAIT. OH MY GOD! WHEN DO WE GET IT? WHEN DO WE GET IT?

Look, if we ever get this update, can at least some of you hold off for a little bit and see what the update does to some of the other phones first (does it lock the bootloader, does it make battery life worse, what apps might have issues, is there a way to go back in case something goes wrong) and not make the same mistake that so many of us make with these phones by rushing to these toys, oops, updates impatiently the very first day that they come out. I call these updates toys because with the exception of the phones that have major issues, all these updates are around here is just something new to play with.

BUT WHAT IF I WANT TO, SHORTYDOGGG?

Forget it. I see that I won't get through to everybody because we are all different. Carry on everyone.

pre4speed

Apr 17, 2011
lancaster
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
WOW, ANOTHER TOY TO PLAY WITH. OH MY GOD. WHEN DO WE GET IT? WHEN DO WE GET IT? HURRY UP AT&T. I CANNOT WAIT. OH MY GOD! WHEN DO WE GET IT? WHEN DO WE GET IT?

Look, if we ever get this update, can at least some of you hold off for a little bit and see what the update does to some of the other phones first (does it lock the bootloader, does it make battery life worse, what apps might have issues, is there a way to go back in case something goes wrong) and not make the same mistake that so many of us make with these phones by rushing to these toys, oops, updates impatiently the very first day that they come out. I call these updates toys because with the exception of the phones that have major issues, all these updates are around here is just something new to play with.

Forget it. I see that I won't get through to everybody because we are all different. Carry on everyone.

Lol, I won't be taking it. I'm on S3Rx 3.0. I'll wait til enewman17 and loserskater do their magic. I'm in no rush to have "the next big thing". Got it on my n7 LTE and I'm not too impressed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As of today At&t is rolling out 4.4.2 (KitKat) for galaxy S4 so S3 should be very soon...
    Cool news today from Samsung! :victory:

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/02/18/samsung-outlines-kitkat-plans-for-existing-devices/

Of course, this is subject to carrier's approval...
    I like all of you was happy to hear the news. However, with kitkat comes a new way (sounds not good for people who like to move items to removable sd cards) for us to manage our files. Im still a little confused on exactly what this means, but I guess time will tell.
    http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/02/kit-kat-causes-google-shift-attitude-towards-sd-cards.html

That's from Samsung Poland regarding the international i9300 version.
    Pretty sure the international i9300 will get the 4.4.2 update elsewhere in Europe.

And unless Samsung USA backtracks on its commitment to bring Android 4.4.2 to the North American SGS3, I'm confident we'll see it.

Don't know for sure but it sounds like you upgraded to 4.3 and regret it. If that's the case, it's nobody's fault but your own. Nobody forces anyone to flash anything here. It's up to YOU to do your research before flashing anything on YOUR device. People rush to play with these so called toys because it's a hobby of theirs, and without them, we wouldn't have some of the great things we do have for our devices. Don't get upset because people want to play with these toys, be grateful. Just make sure you take responsibility for your device. Because it's nobody else's responsibility but your own.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app