ALL ICS DISCUSSIONS HERE, Includes List of bugs < All other threads will be closed>

Search This thread

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
Mic has horrible noise in background.

Last edited:
Reactions: mugna91

sikesjb

Oct 29, 2010
East Texas
i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: mordeith

jakob95

Sep 14, 2011
NYC
i noticed the camera is pretty screwed up in the preview (half green screen), but once the picture is taken, it comes out fine. not an issue for FFC or camcorder. tested in all qualities and with camera fx.

Didn't have that issue weird. But I will add it anyways.

sikesjb

Oct 29, 2010
East Texas
Didn't have that issue weird. But I will add it anyways.

Yeah, i saw someone else had the same issue .

Nice idea with the bug list btw. Maybe we should let it build through the weekend and send it to Acer before they put out the OTA....save them the trouble. Lol.

muskamj

Feb 19, 2008
it may just be something with my specific setup, but even after updating the Flash app, I am unable to get Flash content working in the stock browser or Chrome. Does anyone else have this issue? If not, I'll try resetting my data.

Edit: I uninstalled and reinstalled the Flash Player 11 app and now Flash works in the stock browser. Still no Flash in Chrome, though. Is that feature not present in Chrome yet maybe?

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

Last edited:

NoSudo

Feb 2, 2012
Kalifornia
Chrome is an HTML 5 browser. Unless its different on Android it wont need Flash at all. Flash will be obsolete in the near future.

fisterkev

Jan 1, 2012
I use Dolphin HD browser, had to reinstall Flash to get it to work right. Also had to reinstall Netflix. Both seem to run smoother and faster after the update.

Reactions: mechpilot_z

bsharitt

May 23, 2010
So far so good. Definitly running much smoother for me with most of the clunkiness and lag of Honeycomb gone. I'll know if the battery life is improved later today.

A couple bugs, mostly to do with app compatibility(like Chrome crashing in settings), but not bad. With as solid as it is, April seems a bit far off to get a final build, but I guess they are still adding in the Ring thing so that's probably what's pushing out a few more weeks.

While the performance improvements are nice, I'm still not conviced it's enough to make me hold onto it(since the biggest issues are hardware), but I might just keep it until the $250 Asus Memo comes out.

My home button flashing hasn't been doing it's annoying flashing thing when I get a notification, is it the same for everyone else? I hope it stays that way(or at least has a way to toggle it).

madman_sle

Mar 18, 2011
Athens, GA
So far my experience has been positive. Been running it for almost 24 hours now. Battery life has improved and it seems the issues with wifi have been fixed. I haven't dropped the connection once yet.

I am however experiencing touchscreen issues, I have a serious dead spot in the bottom half of the screen on the right side regardless of whether the tablet is held or laying on a flat surface. I am looking forward to root and another tweaked build.prop for ICS! :p

playdline

Feb 23, 2012
Crackling

I'm experiencing the crackle (or is it a pop) from the speakers also.
Anyone know what this is from or how to fix it?

pintek

May 10, 2011
For fixing the poping noise for me it was doing it while i was typing not sure why so i turned off haptic feed back on the keyboard an key press sounds just to be sure an sofar haven't heard a pop.

madman_sle

Mar 18, 2011
Athens, GA
I only heard the crackling noise from the using the stock keyboard, I switched back to my thumb keyboard and haven't heard it since. Typing seems improved, not double tapping letters all the time anymore.

michele21_it

Sep 23, 2010
hi, i'm just wondering if when the official Ics will come out,it will be possible upgrade directly ota starting from this leaked fw,or not.. and if not,there will be some other .zip file to upgrade to the official one?

I'm not a newbie in this world, i've a galaxy s and i've flashed several times,also CM witout any problem but the fact that on the a100 there isn't a real recovery and a certain way to recover an HC or an official fw stop me from flashing this leaked one...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fixed in 0900

Fixed in 0900 leaked release:

Speaker crackle when using keyboard
    Acer Planner no longer crashed
    WinAmp no longer crashes

Not working:

Angry Birds - screen inoput frezzes after about 2 minutes
    Rollerball - no screen input is possible

I did a 0200 to 0900 overlay. No issues came up.
    Bought mine yesterday. Seen it in best buy with ics. Got home turned it on boom honey comb update. Went into system updates and bam ics update. Now were rooted custom kernel overclocked to 1.4ghz this tablet is a beast.

One question though in using the xda. App on this tablet I have no menu button to go into my settings. Is there a work around?

Sent from my A100 using XDA

Since tablets lack a menu button, looks for a : looking icon, usually in the upper right corner of the app, Its 3 dots.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi guys I had a question with the different versions of GEN1 and I had the ota that was PN1 something like that?!? (Sorry for the lack of info) I flashed one of the leaked versions of 4.0 (Acer_a100_av014_1.014.00_www_GEN1) I had no issues with TWRP & FlexReaper other than the fact w/the 1st flash of everything in the thread the rom, the patch etc. I for some reason had more apps than the 2nd time I flashed it and did not install any extra apps in between. Due to my neurotic OCD I felt the urge to do it all over (I am a super space cadet) now I cannot install the correct leak and unlock my bootloader do TWRP and flash a freaking from again. I have moved out of the noob stage so I thought guess I was wrong. Can someone tell me what I was doing wrong sorry if in did not give great details I am obsessed w/Calligraphy pens, notebooks and writing so I never remember full details Its always on paper and then someone steals it.

Ok ODD!!! I finally got the bootloader unlocked finally the thread I snatched the file from only had install not install-eng it also would not let me run as admin but worked when i just did install. Thats is crazy the 1st flash done a while ago did not do that. I dig FlexReaper but was wondering if anyone had and other suggestions on other A100 roms even if this is about ICS

In my signature there is a guide which includes some of the current ROMs that you can run on the A100. Also in this guide is some other info about properly preparing your device for flashing a new ROM. It sounds like you aren't wiping in between ROMs, which will result in more and more apps in between them, as previous apps get added in with the ROMs apps. There is also tools to help with this, but give the guide a read, it will help ALOT even if its long and boring, it has just about anything you need to know to rock the A100 in all it's glory!
    List of ICS update Bugs

I am making a list of all the bugs that people experience on the leaked ICS update.

Bugs
    Random crackling noises from speaker while using the keyboard. Any keyboard for that matter. Solution:Turn off Dolby Mobile. Fixed in build 009
    Mic has horrible noise in background.