Mobile Data Toggle????

Search This thread

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
Hello all and good day. I wanted to ask this question on in the thread for the ROM I'm using but it said I could not. I am using the GUMMY M.1 ROM, 4.4.2, and would like to know how to add the 3G/Mobile Data quick toggle. I was able to add it in other ROMs using SQLite Editor but the same method on this ROM does not work. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this correctly, or if there is more to it being on an AOSP 4.4.2 ROM. Thank you and any feedback will be appreciated.

Bill720

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
AT&T HTC One
Moto X Style (Pure)
widget and pulldown

Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
Are you looking for the toggle that shows up on the notification pulldown or as a widget on your launcher?

If you're looking for one that shows up on the pulldown, you may be out of luck on a Samsung/Touchwiz rom, but most AOSP/CM based roms have a customization screen where you can pick exactly what toggles you want.

If you're looking for a widget to put on your launcher, there's a number of good ones that I've used. For just mobile data, "Data Enable Widget" by "FARPROC" is a good one, but for my Note2 running a Touchwiz based rom (which lacks a general "power" widget), I'm using "Powerful Control" (also by "FARPROC"). Both are available for free on the Android Market.

Best of luck.

b

Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Thank you very much. I am looking for one on the pull down. I had to add the 3G/MobiIe Data quick setting toggle using SQLite Editor on other ROMs. Though the method is the same, the options and or names to do so within the system are a little different on this AOSP ROM. I have a widget that works fine for the data toggle but hate having to come out of some apps to go to that widget when I could use the pull down and toggle the data.

Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Bill720

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
Under system settings --- gummy interface you will find settings to add/remove/arrange your toggles. Not on it atm so cant give you exact instructions.

Almost every aosp 4.4 rom has the option to do this.

Yes, very true. There is no option for a 3G/Data quick toggle though. An LTE one but it does not turn on or off. Plus the 4G/LTE is so spotty and weak here, I set the phone to use 3G.

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
There is an icon that looks like your signal bar and will have an x above it when data is off and say sprint when data is on. That is the toggle.

Fluid_head

Jul 4, 2011
There is an icon that looks like your signal bar and will have an x above it when data is off and say sprint when data is on. That is the toggle.

Thank you. According to the screen shot on the OP for the ROM, the toggle I want is like you mentioned, signal bars with a 3G above it but,......I don't have that option according the to ones listed to choose from in the toggle setup menu. Do you know the name of that toggle? I've tried 3G, MobileDate, Data, and MOBILEDATA in SQLite Editor but there isn't a toggle added?

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Thank you. According to the screen shot on the OP for the ROM, the toggle I want is like you mentioned, signal bars with a 3G above it but,......I don't have that option according the to ones listed to choose from in the toggle setup menu. Do you know the name of that toggle? I've tried 3G, MobileDate, Data, and MOBILEDATA in SQLite Editor but there isn't a toggle added?

Dont use sqlite editor. There are settings in the rom to do it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Most 4.4 roms allow you to add/change/arrange toggles in the settings menu. What rom are you using?