June 14 09 gullum shift roms WM 6.1(new) & 6.5 with phone

Search This thread

thaihugo

Oct 22, 2005
Hey,

could anybody be kind enough to comment on this version of WM 6.5.

If I install it on my shift well it run ok how much memory do I have? and how much storage well they be available?

Can I install this rom with windows 7 or well it cause problems.

At the moment I'm running Windows 7 Build 7100 and it runs ok and I'm running WM 6.1 created by Thaihugo and thats running ok nas well but I would like to try WM 6.5.

Any comment and help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gigino
If you want to do something on the WM side, then I suggest to keep with 6.1. You will run out of memory just by running activesync and a browser at the same time for example.

sbueschi

May 5, 2007
i have the same "mssyncapp" failure message with the 6.5 version, restarting, even hardreset doesn't help. trying 6.1 now

bqwd36

Sep 27, 2007
why i can't unzip the rar file,is it a rar file or only need change the file shiftrom.rar to shiftrom.nbh and the flash the rom?

Caid444

Nov 29, 2008
Would anyone be so kind as to send me this file? Send me a PM and I'll give you my email. I'll do the hosting on rapidshare and post links on xda. I'm in China, and mediafire is unloadable.

Again, I just need one copy of the 6.5 rom (I'll host the 6.1 file on rapidshare if people would like, as well) so I can host it on my rapidshare account.

I'd LOVE to try the 6.5 rom on my shift, I'd also like the chance to make more links to it.

Caid.

markus1983

Nov 13, 2008
Information

Hi!

but it needs to liberated the rom before making this procedure (FLASH) ? :confused:

I have purchased 3 days ago hardly a new htc shift.....;)

best regards to everybody :)

Last edited:

i00

May 7, 2008
Brisbane
could you post some screenshots of the rom...

glad to see that someone has ported 6.5 for the shift :)

Kris

linofaria

Aug 23, 2007
hi guys, can you tell me ao to flash my shift. Mine is liberated, but give de error upadate. What de steps for flash my shift. tanks :)

gigino

Nov 6, 2003
London
WM 6.5 Low Memory

Hey Gullum,

I've installed the 6.5 rom on my device when on with no problem.

I love the new look of it works faster then the 6.1.

I got the syncronisation to work between the WM 6.5 and Window 7 with no problem but I just could not get any calender or contacts to transfer it tryed but it always gave me an error.

I look at the WM side to see if I could understand why this was and the only thing I could see that may cause the must problem with the lack or low memory.

When I installed the rom I checked the memory and it only had around 8 Mb not enough to do anything and what I noticed as well that the memory keep going down without doing anything.

When I contanted to Windows 7 the memory in WM 6.5 went down to around 2 Mb you can see the problem here.

I'm now back to the rom I had before.

The question now is can we get the rom 6.5 to work properly on the shift with more memory or is it that the WM 6.5 is an O/S that is memory hungry.

Please let me known well you be trying to improve on the Rom or not.

Thanks for trying.

Gigino

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
Hey Gullum,

I've installed the 6.5 rom on my device when on with no problem.

I love the new look of it works faster then the 6.1.

I got the syncronisation to work between the WM 6.5 and Window 7 with no problem but I just could not get any calender or contacts to transfer it tryed but it always gave me an error.

I look at the WM side to see if I could understand why this was and the only thing I could see that may cause the must problem with the lack or low memory.

When I installed the rom I checked the memory and it only had around 8 Mb not enough to do anything and what I noticed as well that the memory keep going down without doing anything.

When I contanted to Windows 7 the memory in WM 6.5 went down to around 2 Mb you can see the problem here.

I'm now back to the rom I had before.

The question now is can we get the rom 6.5 to work properly on the shift with more memory or is it that the WM 6.5 is an O/S that is memory hungry.

Please let me known well you be trying to improve on the Rom or not.

Thanks for trying.

Gigino

hi Gigino
I am already trying to make it less memorie hungry of wm6.5 and I'm also working on improving the wm 6.1.

but to get wm6.5 memmory down to a reasonable amount I might have to disable some of it's futures like titanium.

I allso have newver builds of bouth versions

I wan't be uploading new versions untill next weekend

shaytaan

Jan 8, 2004
here is some screenshots

Here is some screenshot of wm 6.5 on shift. Sorry for crapy picture quality (taken with iphone3g)

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 258

donga

Mar 10, 2007
da nang
New rom's after some months with no uploads

I havn't had any real internet connection for months so I couldn't get eny new build's for some time.
I also am without work so I can't aford getting an proper internet connection so my updates wan't be often as the only internet I have most of the time is GPRS.

anyway here you have a WM 6.1 and WM 6.5 rom with phone working thanks to Cmonex

the WM6.5 is mostly just a test and mighty not be good for day to day usage yet because of the memory usage of WM6.5 only around 10 mb free ram.
I do think I can make some changes to the better so the 6.5 rom can become more useable because wm 6.5 is running nice and fast on shift and it's also the rom I will like to continu working on for my personal use

in the next week or 2 I'll gather as much info from you so when I get back here (Parents hous only place I can have good internet) in 2 weeks I'll hopefully have a better rom for you and all bugs might be ironed out

WM 6.5 apps:

Connections folder:
ActiveSync (apeares to do not open)
GPS Router
HTC GPS Tools
Internet Sharing
Internet Explorer

Multimedia Folder:
Java
Pictures & Videos
RSS Hub
Windows Media

Tools Folder:
Advanced Task Manager
Favorite People (editor for titanium plugin)
Pocket RAR
Sim Manager
SoftReset
USB Tool

Office Mobile Folder:
HTC Calculator
Notes
Tasks
Excel Mobile
Word Mobile
PovwerPoint Mobile

Free ram (Osios Hibernate 1.4)
MS Task Manager

Titanium today:
Quick Launcher (made by me)
ATFavepeople (picture dialer contacts quick launcher)
Default titanium clock
All Mesages tabs in one
Calendar

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WM 6.1 apps:

Connections folder:
ActiveSync (apeares to do not open)
Comm Manager
GPS Router
HTC GPS Tools
Internet Sharing
Internet Explorer

Multimedia Folder:
Java
Pictures & Videos
RSS Hub
Windows Media

Tools Folder:
Pocket RAR
Sim Manager
SoftReset
USB Tool

Office Mobile Folder:
HTC Calculator
Notes
Tasks
Excel Mobile
Word Mobile
PovwerPoint Mobile

Free ram (Osios Hibernate 1.4)
MS Task Manager

Snapvue today Plugin

HTC topaz qwerty keyboard (Need to select touch input again once for it to aligne right and Xt9 is not working)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Downloads

Radio rom: 1.27.35.28 Download for making the phone function

(If you have used thaihugo or i00 roms you should already have the radio rom needed.)

gullum shift wn 6.1 Download CE OS 5.2.21042(build 21042.1.6.1)

gullum shift wn 6.5 Download CE OS 5.2.21234(build 21234.5.0.1)

Special thanks to
Cmonex for lots of stuff mainly phone functionalerty
pof for CustomRUU
thaihugo and i00 (I've some of the stuff from their roms)
bepe and ervius for the new visualkitchen
all other devs that have made the tools I use unfutrunaly I can't remember or know their names:(
Thanks gullum verys...

gogo7901

Apr 29, 2008
Disconnect button and time in 3G connection

Hi,
rom is very nice, but is it possible to add disconnect button and connection time for 3G/GPRS connections ? By default there is not such thing and I can't disconnect it :(

Best Regards,
Georgi

myolderego

May 6, 2008
american rom, UK keyboard

hi guys ive flashed with gullieons rom and my keyboard is having some issues as its an english keyborad, does anybody know how to change this?

cheers
mike

genesis

Feb 13, 2005
Davao City, Philippines
I was in the coffee shop with my wife going online with the shift when suddenly it rings. I had no choice but to answer it and people were staring at me talking. Wish the bt headset will be out soon. More power to gullum

Bradaland

Apr 18, 2009
Hampton, NH
I was in the coffee shop with my wife going online with the shift when suddenly it rings. I had no choice but to answer it and people were staring at me talking. Wish the bt headset will be out soon. More power to gullum

Had that happen to me at airport! It's always akward watching everyone stare at world's largest cellphone :)
I set my ringer to something like a 'DING' sound and 'Ring Once' or sometimes nothing at all since this is not my primary phone

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
Had that happen to me at airport! It's always akward watching everyone stare at world's largest cellphone :)
I set my ringer to something like a 'DING' sound and 'Ring Once' or sometimes nothing at all since this is not my primary phone

:D lets hope we get BT working soon

Anyway there is a new version of WM 6.1 uploaded

I havn't gotten the free ram on WM 6.5 up yet so I'm not uploading a new version of it yet

hotdogx9500

Jun 6, 2009
Hi .what happen for this ?

Hi Gullum frist ty your job ,we are so happy your job ,2nd ,i think i make some worry .or some thing ,when i put WM6.1 when i push phone nothing happen ,bbut i can anwer the phone call ,can you tell me what worry i make ?
sorry my english :)

gullum

Mar 22, 2007
Hi Gullum frist ty your job ,we are so happy your job ,2nd ,i think i make some worry .or some thing ,when i put WM6.1 when i push phone nothing happen ,bbut i can anwer the phone call ,can you tell me what worry i make ?
sorry my english :)

this is unfortnaly my fault (to little time to much to do) I'll only have internet connection a few more hours
so I need to upload a new version

androgyn

Dec 12, 2006
Cologne
Changing Keyboard language?

Great job.

I am german and missing my german language on 6.5. Anhow. No Problem.
But I would like to use the german keyboard. I tried with Advanced Task manager to change the keyboard language in the registry. But I don't find the way how. I tried it under Software\OEM and HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\KEYBD.

But what has to be written? Confused.

Thanks

Androgyn

Top Liked Posts