GooPhone i5S personal opinion

Search This thread

Lt_Columbo_87

Dec 7, 2009
I recently received GooPhone i5S from Chinese GooPhone company. At first glance it looks very good. They really made ​​the effort to make a phone that looks the same as the iPhone 5s. The only difference is that GooPhone has its own logo. This would supposedly be better iPhone 5s clone.

Casing is made of aluminum, button layout is the same as that of iPhone 5s. Also a slot for usb and headphones. Final finish is very good. All in all a very good combination. Screen has resolution of 480×854 pixels, it is not something special but the screen is surprising good. and I would like to further point out that the viewing angle is also very good. screen is Super AMOLED according to the manufacturer.

Now let's see what lies beneath the hood, it is MediaTek MT6572 dual core 1.2GHz chipset. For most of that will serve well, advantage is the low battery consumption. There is also 512MB DDR3 and Mali-400mp. Very solid combination, data storage will ensure 16GB.

GooPhone i5S comes with Android 4.2.2, it came also rooted. ROM is completely modified to make it look the same as with Apple's interface. Everything is working fluid. It quickly opens any application.

This phone have two cameras. Front camera is 1.3 MP, and works very well for Skype. While the primary camera is 8 MP with autofocus and LED flash. It has also panorama, HDR features. Photographs made with enough light are good, while with a low light are too dark/black.
Led flash can be used also as a flashlight.

If you are interested in GooPhone i5S, you can see the the full review here.

Also if you want to buy it, you can do Mod Edit: Please do not link to commercial product pages.

Last edited by a moderator:

pm3tawala

Jan 19, 2014
hmm.. interesting

512MB Ram can let the whole thing down:confused:..that being said 512 can still be handy for not-too-overly-heavy apps/tasks :D but what mainly counts is : Android with looks of Iphone(both external & UI) & its pre-rooted :good:

Lt_Columbo_87

Dec 7, 2009
the primary goal of manufacturer was to produce the same or similar device to iPhone 5s. and they succeeded, therefore, the performance are not high end... All in all a very good phone :)