Android L preview bug list

Search This thread

chambers7867

May 21, 2011
Detroit
For those who have installed Android L on their nexus 5 and are playing around with the new features and the OS in general, use this space to list any bugs you have found so far.

BUG: Vibrate doesn't work throughout OS
BUG: installing multi apps at one time (click and hold method) creates an error and you must download apps one at a time.
BUG: changing the color scheme on the keyboard changes the keyboard back to the old style keyboard.
BUG: keyboard occasionally stays active even after exiting an app.
BUG: keyboard's floating suggestion sometimes has Black background covering other letters instead of being clear.

Annoyance: for the one day of using it, battery saver is great but the notification is always on the new home screen and you cannot get rid of it unless you disable it..

neo2306

Dec 30, 2011
Vibration works fine !!
Multi app installation also works fine !!
I am having wifi teher problem !!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

Reactions: kamots

Brac20

Mar 14, 2012
I am having same keyboard issues with the suggested word often having a black background and the other colours don't work.

Appwise: Facebook's comments window doesn't have the correct white background. It is a dark transparent colour that makes reading the comments very difficult.

Netflix FC's alot. Sometime immediately on opening and sometimes after some navigation.

Chrome is using ALOT of battery. It seems to be keeping the mobile radio active in the background or something.

I agree that the persistent notification for the battery saving mode is annoying as it shows up on the lock screen until disabled.

bballboy32591

Mar 6, 2012
I keep getting force closes on Dropbox and Twitter.

Also can't login to mailbox because it uses Dropbox for its login

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

derPianist

May 14, 2012
Cologne
www.android-port.de
I have a 32GB model and mine shows 32GB available. Not sure what happened with yours....

Internal storage is showing fine for me. 32gig nexus 5.

Sounds like you didn't flash it correctly.
Thanks for your insight guys!

This is what my Storage Settings Entry shows me:

e7ydejum.jpg

I flashed via Toolkit. Maybe I should try a clean install? Since I seem to be the only one with this kind of bug..

TurboD

Dec 11, 2010
Thanks for your insight guys!

This is what my Storage Settings Entry shows me:

e7ydejum.jpg

I flashed via Toolkit. Maybe I should try a clean install? Since I seem to be the only one with this kind of bug..

You're not the only one, mine shows that too. And I locked and unlocked phone to wipe phone, and fastboot flashed all files individually.

Reactions: derPianist

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    to every single person complaining about bugs
    Code:
    - [B][COLOR="Red"]this is an alpha beta gamma testing version ment for developers to test out the new api and work on new apps[/COLOR][/B]. 
    - [B][COLOR="red"]the preview is not ment to be an daily driver. so flash it on your own risk[/COLOR][/B]
    - [B][COLOR="red"]they are still working on it[/COLOR][/B].

Also i don't have any bugs some users are complaining about - neither camera, tethering, wirelessdiplay flicker, lockscreen problems,
    storage, rotation, systemui crash's while charging and so on. (please remind also, that android l is using the new art runtime, so some apps - like Vine - are not compatible yet.)

And btw, the keyboard scheme is stock like, thats right, but if you use them, you will see that they are switching their color schemes like discribed.

I'm out.

Regards,
    OD

Who's complaining? I thought the point of this thread was to post issues we run in to so other people have an idea of what kind of problems they may encounter if they decide to flash it for themselves and to see if we can find workarounds for any annoyances until they can be fixed in the final release. I don't think I've seen anybody going "omg why is this beta so terrible and buggy?!!?! Why would Google even release this???!!"
    For those who have installed Android L on their nexus 5 and are playing around with the new features and the OS in general, use this space to list any bugs you have found so far.

BUG: Vibrate doesn't work throughout OS
    BUG: installing multi apps at one time (click and hold method) creates an error and you must download apps one at a time.
    BUG: changing the color scheme on the keyboard changes the keyboard back to the old style keyboard.
    BUG: keyboard occasionally stays active even after exiting an app.
    BUG: keyboard's floating suggestion sometimes has Black background covering other letters instead of being clear.

Annoyance: for the one day of using it, battery saver is great but the notification is always on the new home screen and you cannot get rid of it unless you disable it..
    My Location doesn't stay in "Battery Saving" it changes to "High Accuracy" automatically.
    Any fix ou just me?
    Battery drain too fast for me ?? Max got 8-9 hours with 2 hour sot !! Wifi and usb tether not working quick pick becomes very laggy !! Revert back to 4.4.4
    Waiting for the final release !!
    Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda premium

"Android L developer preview image"

NOT "consumer release".